PDA

View Full Version : VRP waypoint database

mrjamesgroves
3rd May 2004, 15:05
Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on a good VRP waypoint database? I have just returned to the UK from Australia, where all the aviation waypoints, from airfields, NDBs and VFR waypoints, are all published on the internet. I have my own flight planning software, but I need to get the location data!

There is a good database of UK airfields and navigation aids on thehanger.co.uk although this doesnt include any VRPs. Despite my protracted searches, I'm still not finding anything.

Any ideas??

englishal
3rd May 2004, 15:16
Dunno about on the web, but the Pooleys GPS companion has tons of GPS coordinates, including VRPs.

EA

G-Foxtrot Oscar 69
3rd May 2004, 16:15
If you buy the Jep VFR charts they have the co-ords for all the VRP's radio aids etc. Great help I find as you only have to use one source.

mrjamesgroves
3rd May 2004, 20:09
thanks for your responses although do the jep charts have electronic data? i'm trying to avoid typing all the lat & long information in!

Timothy
3rd May 2004, 21:52
Have you tried NavBox and ProPlan, they are all in there?

PPRuNe Radar
3rd May 2004, 22:14
Before the AIP came to the web and was issued on a CD, there also used to be a co-ordinates database file contained on the disk.

Can't find the same thing on the AIS website but might have an old CD kicking about which has it on it. However I seem to remember it was in a protected PDF and therefore probably can't just be transferred straight in to another programme.

magpienja
3rd May 2004, 22:49
Could you run that web address by me again, I dont get anything on thehanger.co.uk

Nick.

PPRuNe Radar
3rd May 2004, 22:52
That's cos it would be a 'hangAr' ;)

http://www.thehangar.co.uk/

magpienja
3rd May 2004, 22:56
Thank you kind sir.

Nick.