PDA

View Full Version : A320 Crew.... a lack of...

Speedbreak
2nd May 2004, 13:19
Is that true that there is a lack of qualified A320 crew around the world?
Some companies can find them.

Specially in Asia?

True or rumours?

Speedbreak :confused:

Ooops...

Some companies CAN\'T find them!

:rolleyes:

Speedbreak

I-2021
2nd May 2004, 13:45
Is it such a big deal ? If a company wants A320 rated pilots, she can send them in any TRTO all over the world (considering the airline is not a TRTO anyway) :E
Anyway maybe you mean that there are less A320 rated than 737 and co. rated pilots ? :confused:

LanFranc
2nd May 2004, 15:32
No shortage of A320 crews. There may very well be a shortage of crews willing to work for what is being offered. Some of the rates currently being offered are 40% of the contract rates offered 3 years ago. Conditions/schedules/allowances have also seriously deteriorated. While I can appreciate management's taking advantage of the favorable supply/demand situation I can see why many pilots have "withdrawn" from the market. Few market situations last forever however...

Diesel8
3rd May 2004, 20:25
Not sure there is a lack of them, I am one and looking, but with the current packages being offered, no way. Unless we get above 10 or 12K US tax free with all benefits, I will stay where I am.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we will be seeing a slight turnaround in the pay and packages offered.

Chilli Muscle
9th May 2004, 10:17
IAC global were offering $2500 US / month for FOs out of Vietnam a while ago - I think you would pull that on a council bus.

robione
9th May 2004, 11:55
Gulf Air, major player in the middle east will be employing non-type rated pilots for the 320 fleet starting in Aug this year,make of that what you will .

BoeingBoy
9th May 2004, 20:55
My Airline, First Choice Airways, (Air2000 of old) need 20 type rated FO's for four months this year.

Contact PARC for details ASAP