PDA

View Full Version : A318-what do you think..

alexban
30th Apr 2004, 19:51
Hy ,any A318 pilot's over there?
Can you please share your oppinions as pilots about the 318?
How does it fly,handle in turbulance,crosswind,etc.
I will probably have the choice to type on it,and I would like to know more about the plane from you guys ho fly it already.I fly 737's for some time,so I haven't got to much of a ideea about the bus.
But I'm thinking that a type rate (and experience) on the 320 family will be a good asset on my cv,am I right? What will you do?
Any info's will be appreciated. Thks
Alex

Lemurian
30th Apr 2004, 23:10
Alexban,hello!
The microbus is the lightest of the family,and has the same wing.That gives you the first inkling on how it will behave.
1/-climbs like the proverbial bat out of Hell.Do not be surprised to find an amber rate of climb after t/o even with a de-rated thrust.
2/-Very sensitive to control inputs in turbulence,so leave it alone or PIO will bite you.Some of my colleagues find it too twitchy but it's not my opinion.If you don't like the way it behaves on a turbulent approach,select flaps config 3 and things settle down a lot.
3/-Plenty of rudder.I find it the easiest to land on Xwind.

I think it is a good idea to have an experience on the 320 family.
Be careful though,there are quite a few differences in the 318's systems compared to the 320.Know your aircraft well as I think that the course is rather too quick.
Apart from all the above,enjoy it.It's a lot of fun and I love that flying dragster.

alexban
4th May 2004, 17:57
Thks Lemurian
I guess there are not many pilots flying the little bus.How many did they sell?
the only one I saw was on Cdg,an Air France plane.
Alex

Avman
4th May 2004, 18:47
Does it actually have a passenger cabin between the rear galley and the cockpit? :}