PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Northern Cloggies

FNG
28th Apr 2004, 06:02
By 'eck, it rains like b*****y here in Manchester, where I am stuck on business, but an old crone selling slabs of lard from a bucket by the tramshed assured me that the weather will improve, so I'm thinking of renting one of those Grobs from Barton in order to fly over the dark satanic mills. If any of you black pudding noshers fancies a whippet sandwich and a beer in the bar (Michael Caine Get Carter voice: "and I want it in a thin glass"), give me a shout.

PPPPP
28th Apr 2004, 07:06
Ey up FNG, you'd best ring first, one of them developed a case of the staggers and is having its foreleg fettled, the other went off its oats and is in dock for an annual ( I believe). There are still Warriors, 172s and 150/152s though. I'm there today at 12 if I can find t' cap in time, if the wx is as good as yesterday I'll be holding a black pudding in the bar from then. Alternatively the Rolls-Royce Flyin is Sat/Sun if you can't tear yourself away at the weekend...

FNG
28th Apr 2004, 07:16
Ecky thump, PPPP, do they 'ave any of them upside down Cessnas that you can't see 'owt out of? Mr Gradgrind only gives us ten minutes to eat our snap at lunchtime, but I hope to get out to play after the factory whistle blows.

Flyin'Dutch'
28th Apr 2004, 07:34
Oi 'eck, don't you think it scary to go that far oop norf'?

;)

FD

PPPPP
28th Apr 2004, 08:11
Rumours that A1 is cobbled from here on up are not true, and the human sacrifice problem is pretty much under control now...
We do have an Aerobat that seems to be happier with the wing at the bottom, and a Pitts with excellent aeros instructors to match if you're feeling flash :)
Tonight coincidentally is Members and guests night followed by our AGM, so if the thought of yet another seven course meal palls you'd be very welcome, FNG. Start time is 6.30 local sharp, last man in buys the pork scratchings!

witchdoctor
28th Apr 2004, 09:16
Ooop north?!?!?!?

Haddaway and #####! Them Mancs are near enough southern poofters, and since when did the A1 gan tae Manchester like?

;)

PPPPP
28th Apr 2004, 09:27
We can't afford big roads like the A1 here, we have to use Alpha 1 instead:)

Squadgy
28th Apr 2004, 11:27
PPPPP

Are you sure - thought was 2000:uhoh:

Spiney Norman
28th Apr 2004, 12:00
Perhaps PPPP's whippet ate his diary!!!!

PPPPP
28th Apr 2004, 15:06
Members' evening stuff starts at 6.30, followed by the AGM at 8, or so my ferret says.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
28th Apr 2004, 15:26
Mr Gradgrind only gives us ten minutes to eat our snap at lunchtime

Lunchtime? Lunch bleedin time? By 'eck, tha's a southern poofter an' no mistake. T'is dinnertime, laddie, oop north. We 'as us snap at dinnertime!

SSD

FNG
28th Apr 2004, 16:01
Tut, tut, down here one takes luncheon.

Alas, I have just been hoicked off back to soft southern land, three days early, so yet again my plans to sample the delights of Barton, and to fly off the edge of the soft southern chart, have been frustrated. Thanks for all the kind offers of pies and welcomes. I will fly up and see you all soon. Are there any good fly-ins at Barton over the summer? Presumably I can navigate my way there by the light of the burning wicker men on the hill tops. I don't mind cobbled runways, as I'm used to the denture-rattling expanses of White Waltham. Enjoy your skittles and ale this evening.

jayteeto
29th Apr 2004, 15:37
I agree with witchdoctor. Up North??? Listen pal, Leeds is south to us, manchester is just outside london, in france, by the equator, where those kangaroos live, you know the ones that eat the penguins by the south pole.

NinjaBill
29th Apr 2004, 15:56
Leeds is south from Shrewsbury????

is youre map the right way up?

FNG
29th Apr 2004, 16:06
jayteeto, that's the funniest thing I've read all day. You've cheered me up after too long spent arguing a lot of bollogs about the ANO. Thanks!

As for Shrewsbury, well I suppose that it has some things in common with the north (drinking mild, marrying your sister, etc).

jayteeto
29th Apr 2004, 17:46
I come from newcastle!! shrewsbury is where I used to earn my money, I work down south in liverpool now. Southern shandy scousers!!

Spiney Norman
29th Apr 2004, 19:44
No hub caps on your car tomorrow!!!!

Squadgy
29th Apr 2004, 20:36
Hi,

First fly in of the year at Barton is THIS weekend (Sat & Sunday), to commemerate the 100th anniversary (I think it is), of the meeting of Mr Rolls and Mr Royce at the Midland Hotel in Manchester.

I think there's a BBQ, Free Landing Fees and a display of Rolls Royce cars, and I guess a few Rolls Royce engined Cessnas too !! :ok: