PDA

View Full Version : Lost log book

Gunman returns
26th Apr 2004, 18:12
I have lost one of my log books(with about 1000hrs in!). I know I have to go to a solicitor and swear an affadavit but can I go to any brief are are there certain experts at this?.If anyone knows a push in the right direction in the Essex area it would be a great help.

eagerbeaver
26th Apr 2004, 18:24
any old one will do, but there is a set of criteria that must be satisfied in the affadavit, i have them if you wish.

It happened to me twice (although stolen) it's a nightmare.

Sheilanagig
28th Apr 2004, 12:16
Any opinion.

Would it be an advantage to photocopy, on an occassional basis ones logbook, so if the dreadful ever happens then at least there is some record to take somewhere.

18greens
21st Feb 2005, 20:39
... or keep two log books, a bit of a pain but better than losing everything.

SquawkModeA
21st Feb 2005, 21:02
Photocopies and/or computer backup is recommended. Never lost mine (thankfully) but should it happen one day I'm sure I'd feel a lot better knowing I still have the data.

Ojuka
21st Feb 2005, 21:38
Skyl*g is the best log book system I have ever kept. And no, I don't have any commercial interest in them. About seventy quid for the programme, JAR approved and run paper back ups to store outside your house if ever it burns down.

Man Flex 32.5
21st Feb 2005, 23:20
I bought pilots pal electronic logbook which is a bargain at £44.99. Jar compliant printout - works out duty hours,duty pay, sector pay,factored sector pay it even automatically prints out your cv or emails it.
www.*********.co.uk

spitfire747
22nd Feb 2005, 17:54
my logbook backup is simply done in an excel spreadsheet. It took half an hour to construct and then minutes to update. Printouts probably NOT JAR compliant, but very helpful if i lost my main book.

geardoors
24th Feb 2005, 16:55
I've bought the pilots pal logbook as manflex 32.5. Found that its really useful not only as a log book but for calculationg my duty hours and thus flight duty paid owed.

As my company has a nasty habit of underpaying our FDP allowances. Its paid for itself already in Flight Duty payments that the company have missed.

Added bonus of being able to construct a good CV for that illusive next job.

Tally Ho

Geardoors;)

fireflybob
26th Feb 2005, 07:27
Firstly - yes, I agree, have some sort of backup copy of your logbook - mines on computer etc.

Also, as far as I am aware, there is no legal requirement to carry logbooks around with you. When I was airline flying I never used to take my logbook with me on trips, I would write the flight details down in my diary and then transfer them to my logbook on return home.

Hope this helps.