PDA

View Full Version : BRAL / Brymon Seniority List Mergers

Captain Correlli
21st Jul 2001, 00:19
Any comment from any of you gentlemen. I gather from a colleague that Brymon have proposed to BRAL that our seniority lists be merged on a proportionate basis. So, instead of date of joining, of any Company, we do the following: Basically, ones 'proportionate' position is maintained. If one is fifty per cent of the way down a Brymon list, one remains fifty per cent of the way down a joint list. Problem is that the Brymon list contains many many more very recent joiners. Thus, a fity per cent position on Brymon's list is maybe two years old, whereas a fifty percent position on the BRAL list is maybe five to six years old.

Therefore, ex-BRAL pilots get badly disadvantaged. I'm against it on principle and personal interest.

Any Comments?

alosaurus
21st Jul 2001, 01:22
Got to be date of joining.

Barhiggins
21st Jul 2001, 13:03
No doubt this topic is going to generate a considerable debate within both companies. So perhaps it should be aired within the British Airways CitiExpress private forum, instead?

Magnus Picus
21st Jul 2001, 13:07
You should be on the BA seniority list. Get this sorted soon or you'll be really shafted...

Katy
21st Jul 2001, 15:02
Date of joining should cause some concern for BRAL pilots.

A good number of Brymon pilots have dates of joining which precede the date that BRAL came into being.

This would be good news for long serving Brymon pilots as they would jump straight to the top of the seniority list.

Magplug
21st Jul 2001, 15:09
Magnus P is right. You should all be on the BA master seniority list with appropriate terms and conditions.

When the ink on your deal is dry you will see how good Rod E. and his merry men are at swinging the scythe.

Flickroll
21st Jul 2001, 18:23
Consolidation of seniority list's inevitably ends in tears. My best wishes for a 'blood free' conclusion.