PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet??

Pages : [1] 2

Teroc
6th Feb 2004, 09:19
Has anyone been through the Cityjet sim ride - successfully passed it and is now waiting on a start date ?

If so when did you do it...seems to be a fairly long holding pool.

Leo45
6th Feb 2004, 16:44
Congratulations!

I don't know anything about the present recruitment but I would suggest to remind them regularly and ,shall I say firmly, of your existence, because from personal experience, the notion of "holding pool" leaves much to be desired at Cityjet.

I was selected in November 2000 and was supposed to start my training on BAe146 in January 2001. Then, it was postponed until April. Then...nothing! They simply forgot my existence despite regular contacts, due to lack of continuity in their HR department.

My words of advice is to e-mail,call them or pay a visit to their nice Sword offices on a regular basis, to monitor the progress of the "holding pool".

By the way, the only person I know who got in from my selection has just been promoted Captain. They're getting more aircraft. So it is a good company to work for, with real career prospects once you're...in!

All the best

flyingoli
7th Feb 2004, 00:39
Hello,
Seems there is no type rating course before this summer, so don't worry, you don't miss it.
Flying Oli:cool:

Teroc
11th Feb 2004, 01:31
Start date for non type rated who've got the green light from Cityjet looks like being september, thats at the earliest.

Thats a holding pool of over a year for some of us!!!!

Still though, all good things to those who wait....

joaco LAS PALMAS
25th Apr 2004, 16:59
:confused: Does anyone know if CityJet is recruiting at present time?
I've heard they are but they gave me no repply to my application.

Thanks

MackMeeter
25th Apr 2004, 17:32
From what I can gather its a one man out one man in kinda set up as its been a bit of a rolling recruitment.

Hurry up and wait I think is all we can do, just like everywhere else I'm afarid.

Good luck:ok:

M.85
26th Apr 2004, 13:32
yep they are hiring..getting 2 extra avros for the winter..

M.85

flyingoli
5th Jun 2004, 10:20
Hello,
Just a small post to know if some of you are all ready call for an interview in Dublin?
Thank you for the answer
Flying Oli

lharle
5th Jun 2004, 21:36
I didn't get anything yet,I'm still waiting for something,a phone call,a letter,an e-mail or something.

Great Circle
7th Jun 2004, 08:13
A friend of mine has already done the Aptitude Assessment and waiting for the sim check. I am with you guys-waiting to hear something...I heard the HR contact is away until June 8 so I will try to be patient. Good luck!!

GC

Voeni
7th Jun 2004, 09:21
Do you guys all hold the 146-rating? I've applied without the rating (although I would fund it) but I am not exactly sure if it's required, different informations available.

Great Circle
7th Jun 2004, 11:56
I'm not rated but did an Integrated ATPL Course/MCC and will self-fund the rating. We'll see if that is what they're looking for... :confused:

GC

loz
7th Jun 2004, 12:32
Hey ,

CJ took good number of non rated pilots (for F/O postions). most of them with experience(turboprops,jet), but this is not essential as they also hired ab initio pilots ( most of them were irish tough).
but generally speaking they re looking for 146 / avro rated F/O's and CPT for direct entries. Apperently CJ definitely needs skippers at the moment .
Good luck
loz

flyingoli
14th Jun 2004, 14:14
Hello,
Does anybody know when would be the next phase 2 at ctc for the atp scheme?
Anybody call already for the next phase of selection(interview) with City Jet?
Thanks for the answer
flying Oli

Louis Euan
15th Jun 2004, 12:02
I have been waiting since February for the ATP phase 2. I emailed them and was told that I would be called in June.
STILL WAITING!!!!!

alexwelstead
15th Jun 2004, 12:28
was told last week, via e-mail, that it would now be July/August...

TRon
15th Jun 2004, 12:41
I would be patient. Once you go to phase 2, things move quite quickly i.e. selection done in a month. AQC next month or after.

Louis Euan
17th Jun 2004, 18:19
Alex

When did you apply?

atr42500
20th Jun 2004, 14:57
Does Anybody heard anything from them ???

I did the aptitude test in Dub 2 months ago and up to now no good or bad news from them.

any tips

pilotFRA
20th Jun 2004, 19:45
Hi pilots!

Is the ATP-Phase2 identical with that of the Cadet-Scheme? There is some information given in another threat about the content of the cadet-selection. I also got an invitation.

Thanks!
pilotFRA

TRon
20th Jun 2004, 20:51
No they are two separate things and different selections.

flyingoli
29th Jun 2004, 14:58
any new update for the interview?

haughtney1
29th Jun 2004, 15:57
Just got an email from Cjet...contact in August..apparently unforeseen delays.....etc..etc...we will see

Luke SkyToddler
29th Jun 2004, 16:00
They are still working their way through the type rated people, and won't be calling any non type rated ones until August at the earliest.

flyingoli
29th Jun 2004, 17:44
Thank you guy's , so I still waiting. I'm pretty sure that I will be in ctc/scheme before I go in the old 737/200 in Dublin :-)
Flying Oli

alexwelstead
30th Jun 2004, 13:13
Louis I applied around February time aswell, and was told May but this obviously got pushed back, as they don't have enough applicants. They also don't have any pilots in their holding pool so I was told at the Flyer show.
Can anyone explain to me the finances of the deal in clear English, have read the paper work quite a few times and still can't understand how it works...:confused:

joe
30th Jun 2004, 18:01
"They don't have enough applicants"

Probably the understatement of the year.

TRon
3rd Jul 2004, 14:34
Sorry joe would you care to elaborate?

joe
4th Jul 2004, 16:08
It means exactly what it says, TRon.

I would have thought CTC would be full of applications from low houred guys due to the "unrivalled" opporunity it offers.

However, the percentage of the applicants that are of the fitting calibre is another question.

regicide
6th Jul 2004, 15:14
hey folks.
TRON, can you tell me if all the succesful applicants from phase 2 have to come in on the same day for phases 3 and 4?

Localiser Green
6th Jul 2004, 17:16
How much of an impact will the ATP scheme suffer if Monarch pull out, as rumoured of late?

They have always been a steady taker of ATP graduates I understand?

diddler
27th Jul 2004, 23:43
Hi chaps,

After doing the app test last December, the long wait for an interview is over. Anyone have any info on what I can expect?

Cheers

PS

I've 315 total and no rating.

MJR
29th Jul 2004, 09:32
Diddler you almost pre-empted the next question entirely, however how old are you and did you do an integrated course and do you live in Ireland and do you drink Guiness and listen to Daniel O'Donell?

cheers

MJR

PS sorry I cant help you with your enquiry?

diddler
29th Jul 2004, 12:44
I'm 25 and I didn't do an int course.

I don't drink Guinness or listen to daniel but i do sit around all day in a balaclava with my trusty AK plotting the destruction of the evil British Empire.

(Well i couldn't dissappoint you, I had to give you one stereotype!)

Regards

Teroc
31st Jul 2004, 19:34
Congrats on the interview Diddler.

It takes about an hour, normally with 2 people present...either you'll get a hr person and pilot/operations guy or you'll get 2 pilots to interview you.

Its very friendly and none of this good cop, bad cop rubbish you see.

If you have a person from HR present prepare to be grilled on your past...the likes of education, previous jobs, why this college/course etc etc.
If you have the 2 pilot panel you'll spend more time on tech questions.

Heres the questions I remember.......Brush up on the tech side of asym flight in a multi, 1 in60 rule, bit of met, why swept wings on a jet, know the numbers of the aircraft you did your IR in...Stall speeds, approach speeds, take-off speeds, how heavy is she, max weight etc....what voltage / frequency will you see on a modern jet.....

There wont be any surprises technically and if youve done JAA exams (which you probably have) there'll be nothing you havent come across before......

Hope this helps...when is your interview by the way ? and let us know how you get on..

Good luck....

MJR
2nd Aug 2004, 09:49
Sorry Diddler,

Didn't notice you were from Dublin hence you probably thought I was taking the Pi$$, not the case, just a bizarre sense of humour.

Best of luck with the interview and if they ask you "do you know any other fine pilots" you can say "yes, there's me old mate MJR"

cheers

MJR

approachcontrol
3rd Aug 2004, 10:23
Scenic,

Well said !!!

Diddler/MJR I’ll bet if any solid job offer from RyanAir, CityJet, EUJet etc were made there would be less of the anti-Irish crap!!!!

AC

Penworth
3rd Aug 2004, 10:38
there would be less of the anti-Irish crap

I THINK YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR RACIST REVIEWS TO YOURSELF

Am I missing something? MJR never said anything anti-irish. He just implied light heartedly that it would help if you were irish in getting a job over there. And Diddler just jokingly carried on the stereotype.

ApproachControl and Scenic - you need to chill a bit :rolleyes:

michaelknight
3rd Aug 2004, 11:17
Again another fine example of HANDBAGS.

MK

diddler
3rd Aug 2004, 12:45
hi guys,
everyone needs to relax!
the only sterotype shown was the fact that he made the comments in the first place, no big deal.

didn't this post contain something about an interview?
anyway, it was flippin tough!
everything from the equation of a circle to the properties of a mecator!

don't fancy my chances one bit!

now let's all realise its a global market and we're all just going to have to get on with each other!

rgds
diddler

approachcontrol
3rd Aug 2004, 16:13
Penworth,

I am not going to get involved in this ‘Handbag’ session (good point MK), and as it wasn’t intentional there’s no problem (Diddler).

It is, however guys/gals, an insulting comment……no we don’t all listen to Daniel (can’t stand him actually), drink Guinness (if only !!!), live in Thatch houses (don’t know anyone who actually owns one) or

'sit around all day in a balaclava with my trusty AK plotting the destruction of the evil British Empire'

Pembroke, the point which you so obviously have missed, is that the comment may be, and actually is offensive, and I’m not the only one to think so.

Therefore if more than one person thinks its offensive wouldn’t be wise not to make such comments ?????

Anyway it’s done and dusted now, Pembroke if I need to ‘chill’ then you need to read the content of what’s actually been written and THINK how other people may react.

And in the words of Diddler:

‘let's all realise its a global market and we're all just going to have to get on with each other!’

Well said !!!!

AC

yyzdub
4th Aug 2004, 14:29
Diddler, good luck with the interview. My advice to you however, would be to go in with a far more relaxed attitude than what you're finding in this forum and I am sure you'll do fine.

Wee Weasley Welshman
5th Aug 2004, 07:04
Look - if someone wants to call me a sheep bothering cottage burning welsh windbag midget then I've beaten them to it.

Thick skins are required on PPRuNe and always have been. Complaints to moderators on this matter are falling on deaf ears.

Cheers

haughtney1
5th Aug 2004, 07:56
Dammit welshman!...just when I was gonna point out your faults!!!...never mind...being a New Zealander...I know about the sheep thing...

smoooth landings

H

flaps to 60
5th Aug 2004, 09:38
Scenic and Approach

Wasn't going to get involved with this one but as i have lived and worked in ireland i would just like to inform you that MJR comments were not a fraction of the anti British abuse i took in Ireland.

I lived there for 18 months and it was quite an experience to see the vitriol and hatred that exists within your country towards the "Brits".

Some people had a what i considered a balanced view on the "Past Present and Future" Troubles but most were quite vocal on thier thoughts of the "Cause" and that was from the lowest of the low to the highest of the high.

Diddlers reaction to typical British humour was typically Irish ie not fully understanding it though our humours are quite similar.

The quip about AK47 and balaclava was probably just that but the "Evil British Empire" probably came from slightly deeper down.

It's ok for an Irish man to make a joke about the Brits in Ireland but not for the Brits about the Irish in Britain.

Anycase back to the jist of the original post

Good luck Diddler i hope the you get the job, by all acounts CityJet is a good company to work for and you get to live in Paris.

But remember this you will come across all sorts in this job different races, religions, nationalitys and characters and being able to rise above it is an art form which i learnt in Ireland.

Slan agus bannoct (as you can see i cant speak or write Gaelic to well either)

diddler
5th Aug 2004, 20:10
hi guys,
i originally posted about a cityjet interview, if the post was hijacked, it was not by me. what i did say was that its an international market which has no time for people holding grudges. when you're sitting at the pointy-end ,the chap beside you may well be a 'thick paddy' or an 'evil brit'! if thats what you think they are, its your problem and only your problem!
now can we stop this silly nonsense?

are we agreed??

a chara

diddler

flaps to 60
5th Aug 2004, 20:29
Couldn't agree more Diddler but i think an important lesson has been learnt here.

No matter what your opinions and beliefs are hold unto them until your sure the other guy or gal thinks the same and just be careful what you say.

This industry is smaller than a virgins little black book. Word gets around easily and the last thing you want is a bad name.

One again good luck and let us all know how you get on.

Toodle pip old chap.

michaelknight
6th Aug 2004, 15:28
How did the post that started asking about interviews descend into comments about irishman. It just shows that most people who use this are abunch of *******, bull****ting wankers who have no chance of getting a job and are bitter towards the ones that do.

Thank you

MJR
8th Aug 2004, 13:12
Just to clarify:

I do apologise to Diddler if my comments were considered offensive.

I am not racist

It would be futile for me to have an anti-Irish attitude especially when I have applied for jobs with City Jet, Aer Aerann and Air Contractors.

I have many friends from the Republic of Ireland who all display an excellent sense of humour, which I mistakingly thought was a characteristic of Irish Folk.

To my detriment I actually condone the attitude of may Irish airlines recruting their own nationals ahead of anyone else if that is the case. Its a shame that English airlines cant do the same and say bollocks to the EU employment law. (I'm sure I just opened a can of worms there, but I dont care)

Once again diddler good luck.

approachcontrol did you note who actually said this "'sit around all day in a balaclava with my trusty AK plotting the destruction of the evil British Empire' Are you reading this posting in the correct context?

Scenic learn to spell, especially in upper case

Everyone else, have a nice day!

pipergirl
8th Aug 2004, 17:16
so can we cut the bull and get back to the original question Diddler asked as (s)he obviously needs the information in an attempt to get a job....

sorry i can't help with any info Diddler, but best of luck anyway :ok:

Carpathia
9th Aug 2004, 11:01
You people getting so worked about nationality jokes won't be too much fun on flight deck. I certainly would dread flying with such touchy, self-righteous individuals. You might also consider whether getting so wound up over what is clearly a non-event is a good trait for a pilot to possess.

For the record, Cityjet is far from recruiting only Irish nationals, we also have:
French (the biggest grouping I'd say)
English
Scottish
Welsh
Northern Irish
German
New Zealander
Australian
Swedish
Danish
Icelandic
Faroese
Swiss
Libyan
Dutch
Belgian
South African
Latvian
Philipino

And probably a few more who ive forgotten

Diddler
What you got in your interview sounds fairly standard.

pipergirl
9th Aug 2004, 14:22
don't forget the Italians/Spanish....u don't want to get them upset;)

albator
10th Oct 2004, 10:22
hi:D

I should have the selection in the next few weeks and I d like to know if someone can provide me eg of the psycho test...
it s my first selection and I am little bit stressed...
I have found some eg in previous post but I d like to have more details...

thanks
:ok:

Utrinque
10th Oct 2004, 16:45
Sat same psycho tests for assessment recently. Top tip - get hold of The Times Testing Series Volume One (Psychometric Tests). Very good for getting your mind in the right mode. I would not have passed my assessment without this disk.

Also revise alegbra, sim equations, long multiplication and division.

Best of luck

Pilot Pete
10th Oct 2004, 18:07
What about the Cityjet selection though Utrinique!;)

PP

Utrinque
11th Oct 2004, 08:53
PP,

It consists of tests that mirror those on the CD mentionned and a sim check!

:D

Pilot Pete
11th Oct 2004, 16:20
Just wondered where Citi Express came into it......

PP

flugalrascal
12th Oct 2004, 12:00
Does anyone know where to get a copy of the Times Disc?

uber
13th Dec 2004, 16:54
Does anyone receive a result about the last selection in october?

Hufty
13th Dec 2004, 20:39
Yes, very important to make sure that you are applying to the right company :)

moocow456
12th Feb 2005, 14:05
anyone know when they are starting in dublin?

Slobby
9th Apr 2005, 10:00
Dear Colleague's,
Past my initial testing with Cityjet and have an interview and simcheck with them next week. Anyone able to provide me with information regarding the sim check/interview?
Thanks in advance.

Slobby

Mr Smiley
12th Apr 2005, 07:23
Hey Slobby

Check your PM's

Mr Smiley

Gary Moore
15th Apr 2005, 04:41
Just incase you are interested!
Cityjet have an advertisement in an Irish paper today for Pilots based in Dublin or Paris.
Qualifications required;
JAR CPL/IR with MCC.

For more details log onto www.cityjet.com

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere!

Gary

Capt BK
15th Apr 2005, 07:48
Anyone had any luck filling in the online application form? I keep getting a "PAge cannot be displayed" message.

CBK

FLEXPWR
15th Apr 2005, 09:09
Is that true that Cityjet is not taking any of Aer Arann pilots? (Rumour says it..)

FLYbyWIT
15th Apr 2005, 10:49
I wouldnt get to excited, Cityjet continuously has their doors open for applications on their website. The advert in the paper was part of an airport special and as for cityjet it pretty much repeated whats been on their website for ages. Not trying to be a doom mongerer but this advert is NOT a sudden surge for applications.

My names Turkish
15th Apr 2005, 12:18
I second what flybywit says, they have had that application form on their website for at least 4 years. People I know have sent in applications 5 or 6 months ago with no reply. I sent mine of yesterday as I had only just done my MCC with no reply either.

smiert spionom
16th Apr 2005, 18:39
Flexpwr,

I fly in Aer Arann and I was offered a job interview with City Jet 1.5 years ago, decided not to go afterall. So I guess they do concider pilots from RE.
From when I applied to they called me, about 2 months.

Smiert Spionom

FLEXPWR
22nd Apr 2005, 14:07
One Step,

You seem to know a bit about Cityjet,

Quote: "It seems to be an air corps old boys agreement not to poach each others pilots."

Are Aer Arann and Cityjet mainly run by ex- air corps people?

I know of 2 pilots from Aer Arann who applied in the past (2004 I think), and gone thru Psycho Tests and interviews, and according to them, they never even had a call to tell them they were selected or not.

Just curious as to find out if that "unwritten rule" is effectively applied. Wouldn't be worth the time and energy if people knew already they would not be hired.

As for why you would apply to Cityjet, even being a captain, maybe a jet job in what seems a steady growing airline with potentially better aircraft in the long run would be a reason (sure they would not be flying these 146's in 10 years time, would they?) and heard pilots are quite happy there, but you can probably detail this better me.
:p

TwoDeadDogs
22nd Apr 2005, 20:45
Hi,OSB et al
Whatever about Cityjet being a Donner's paradise, it's certainly not the case in Aer Arran. There are only a handful of ex-Donners in there,and they are not brown-booters. It helps to have a West of Ireland connection to get the foot into Arran. Or speak Dutch, as of lately.
regards
TDD

Sky_Captain
24th Apr 2005, 22:47
So you know, there is only one man, Mr T. Regan, (or "Captain" Regan as he claims, even though he's rarely flown for Cityjet, and was a 2 bar second officer when he did!!!) who says yes or no in the end. The company has changed its image over the years, and is no longer an all ex air-corps company as it was, It was a great company to work for, but not any more, and is mostly French now-adays.
It helps to be french, or speak french to get in. But once in, it won't be too nice, especially with their roster.
The reason why their short captains is because several have left over the past few months, and although they have given different reasons as to why they left, one point that constantly repeated itself, was a poor roster.
FLEXPWR, as long as Air France are in charge, they will stay with the 146 for now. The agreement is that Cityjet can not have an aircraft with a seating capacity greater than 100, plus it needs to be able to operate into LCY. Cityjets current MD or GM, Mr G White did look into the new Embraer 190, but was given a definate NO WAY by AF (so the story in the grape vine goes), thats why a possible buy out of cityjet is being investigated.

S.C.

FLEXPWR
25th Apr 2005, 07:45
Thanks SC, much useful info!
Looks like it would be good to look for other places too...
Hard to imagine that AF would let go their 100% owned airline so they can make their own routes and profits. Apparently AF has a reputation, at least in France, to bury any competition, as they did for most regional airlines in France.
Luckily, Ireland may be out of the "jurisdiction"!
Are the rosters that bad? Is there a big difference in roster/work pattern wether you're based in Paris or Dublin? Are the route very different?

THX.

Sky_Captain
25th Apr 2005, 11:26
Can't say much about the rostering in CDG but the DUB gang spend most of there time in Paris or elsewhere! And end up with not too much time at home, difficult for the the older guys with families in Dublin to be constantly away. I won't put you off applying too much, there's still a lot of good people in the company to fly with, and its always a great thrill doing the approach into LCY.
As for AF, well, Cityjet is making them money but only in the 146 market. Air Frances policy is that if a route is worth a profit they will commit one of thier aircraft if they can fill it. If not, but there's still money to be made with a smaller aircraft, then somebody like Cityjet will be offered the route. Although, it is a very unique agreement they have, since Cityjet is 100% owned as you said by AF, yet one of their aircraft is in the new Cityjet colours (EI-CNQ) and operates DUB-AGP under the WX flight number.

In the end though, if its a job your looking for, your in it for the flying, and more importantly, its your first job, apply everywhere. You might be stuck flying rubber dog s**t between here and tim-buck-to, but at least you'll be flying.

Best Of Luck,

S.C. :ok:

One Step Beyond
25th Apr 2005, 11:30
thats why a possible buy out of cityjet is being investigated

Where did you hear such rubbish? CityJet would stand absolutely no chance of surviving on its own. And its not like AF would let go its only subsidiary that actually makes money.

It helps to be french, or speak french to get in

Completely untrue.

Rosters are very different in DUB than in CDG. CDG is almost 100% earlies and very few overnights. DUB is about 3/4 later starts with about 10 overnights per month. Basically, CDG crews do the morning rotations out of CDG and then DUB crews come over on their trips and do the afternoon rotations.
Roster stability seems to depend on luck, sometimes it never changes, other times... The problem is no pattern so its impossible to plan ahead for days off.
Plus crewing attitudes to crew are awful. The bottom line is the company is totally undercrewed and it affects everyone.

As for imminent new aircraft, that rumour is almost as old as the company. At best, it'll be the AVRO RJ. No way they want an aircraft with a useful rating as everyone will leave as soon as the rating is done. That said, Cityjet management have no say in the matter (or indeed in much else) and AF will call the shots on the issue.

jamestkirk
25th Apr 2005, 11:56
Sky Captain

I am looking for my first job and have sent 3 CV's to different people at Cityjet.

So, In my mind, flying rubber dog shi*t from place to place would be absolutely super.

How desperate am i!

Sky_Captain
25th Apr 2005, 12:01
thats why a possible buy out of cityjet is being investigated
I appologise, I should have said that it was investigated, at least when I worked for them it was. And as I wrote one step beyond, "so the story in the grape vine goes", meaning, it was an internal "rumour", mostly discussed between the more senior people within Cityjet. After all this is a "Rumour" Network :=

James T your not desparate at all, I'm the exact same and always will be, at least until I have the necessary experience and won't sell my soul for a job. If you can, PM me with the e-mail address you used for your CV, just want to make sure you have the right desk.

Bikkie s
25th Apr 2005, 13:48
Sky Captain you seem to know it all. How come you're not flying with CityJet yourself, you obviously know all the correct people. I'm sure the rosters can't be less appetising than flying dog turd..?

pipergirl
26th Apr 2005, 08:44
Plus crewing attitudes to crew are awful. The bottom line is the company is totally undercrewed and it affects everyone.

Crewing are under just as much pressure-they have to make sure there are crew on the flights and with sickness etc combined with lack of crew (which is the bottom line) the problem is made worse. Crewing are there to do a job and they are doing it. They are working with what they have (or in this case don't have)

It is unfair to say that crewing have an awful attitude. They have their own sets of problems and pressures from above. Ok, there maybe one or two rotten apples, but that does not mean crewing across the board are an evil bunch of w**kers.

jamestkirk
26th Apr 2005, 14:35
Hello

Can anyone please let me know what is involved in the cutyjet aptitude tests for F/O

I have one on Thursday so have little time to prepare.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JTK

Banjo
26th Apr 2005, 15:24
Well I guess that if you mean cityjet the first thing to do would be make sure you spell the company name right

jamestkirk
26th Apr 2005, 16:34
Banjo

Is it not obvious what i mean.

If anyone out there has a reply a little more constructive and helpful than Banjo's verbose comments then please let me know and thanks in advance.

If there are the usual, tedious "spell checkers" out there with nothing better to do, please message each other and not me.

haughtney1
26th Apr 2005, 17:21
James.......

I did mine this time last year so this may have changed..so caveat emptor

Anyway..three parts to it

Numerical reasoning...I found this tough..lots of fractions...number relationships..algebra gobbledegook..etc..etc..time pressure to complete

Mechanical reasonong...not hard if you can think in terms of force..i.e push here=movement there etc.....

Final one....spatial awareness....lots of shapes..lots of angles..almost like a 3 dimensional jigsaw..again I struggled..probably why I was unsuccessful!

One last thing..dont expect a quick response..I attended in April 04...and got the dont bother letter in December:hmm:

Hope this helps

Sky_Captain
26th Apr 2005, 20:52
Here Here Papergirl, I agree, I always got on so well with crewing, but your right about how difficult it can be when you have a lack of crew and don't have all the ammenities you need to do your job properly.

Bikkie S, I have a lot of friends in a lot of airlines, but like all there's always one or two in an airline that just won't like you, and for me, the git in charge of recruitment for Cityjet don't like me. Not quite sure why, but think its because he tried to talk down to me one day, and I ended up putting him in his place with some well selected words :E

Anyway, I prefer the 737 over the 146. I'll take 2 engines and an APU over 5 hair dryers any day :)

Banjo
27th Apr 2005, 05:38
Well sorry to hear you find it tedious to make sure you get things correct. I am sure that your future employers will enjoy this aspect to your applications. I know we love to pass around the funny ones when they turn up in the post. If a CV with such mistakes appears on my desk it will go straight in file 13.

Proffesional attitude in ALL that we do. After all there are plenty of others applying for that same job.

High Wing Drifter
27th Apr 2005, 08:09
Banjo,

I have to agree kirky, it is very very very tedious. These boards are informal. Personally I try to consider the image I project before worrying about others :ok:

Bikkie s
27th Apr 2005, 08:16
Sky Captain, talking down to the head of recruitment..that wasn't very clever. Most pilots would rather fly anything than nothing. I'm sure he won't appreciate been slagged off here either.

Remember....You might have hung up your clipboard, but, you haven't been forgotten!

jamestkirk
27th Apr 2005, 08:56
Thanks for your advice everyone.

Haughtney1 : Brilliant. i bought some aptitude test books yesterday to study today.
Bad news about thier response rate. Airlines!

Banjo: To assess someones entire professional abilities on mistakingly typing a 'u' instead of an 'i' on an informal advice forum is not a rounded way of character profiling. I understand that you may well recieve CV's with spelling mistakes and un-tidy formatting but this forum is completely different. I, like so many others are just looking for advice from others at grass roots level who may have some information to give. I am not applying to anyone on this forum for a job.

I totally understand that you may find spelling mistakes etc, un-professional but i can assure you that when it comes to CV's/cover letters, pilots on this forum probably spend a little more time to get things right.

I am not looking for an argument but please try and understand that we need a little help, manily in the 'job rumour' market.

9mm
27th Apr 2005, 10:30
James,

In addition to your books there is some sample reasoning tests at www.morrisby.com . They maybe worth ten minutes of your time today to help get your ‘eye in’ before the real thing.

Good Luck!

Banjo,

Professional is spelt as I have just typed it not ‘proffesional’. You will find it in great big letters at the top of this very page.

9mm

Cutoff
27th Apr 2005, 10:55
I do not think anyone is saying that you should be judged on hitting the wrong letter on your keyboard, but should you check what you put, especially in the title given this subject, I think so.

Good luck with the tests though.

jamestkirk
27th Apr 2005, 11:54
Leave me alone about my spelling. I am feeling like an emotional jumble sale now cos people are saying i am illitarite.

If there is any new feedback or info about tomorrow i will post it.

Thanks everyone.

JTK

BANJO

PRO \'F\' ESSIONAL Not PRO \'FF\' ESSIONAL

Thats not meant as an insult in ALL that i do.

Wish i spotted that earlier 9mm.

Cutoff
27th Apr 2005, 12:14
Apologies, did not mean to tip you over the edge.

Good luck.

haughtney1
27th Apr 2005, 15:28
Banjo...good advice...Im gunna lern to spelk propa when I git a spear mowment.

Oh by the way haven' t you got anything better to do? As for professional in everything we do...well I guess my current employer is happy enough that Im professional, they let me fly a £40 million pound aeroplane...oh and the 200 or so passengers dont seem to mind either.

Really some people!

James..your very welcome..best of luck mate!:ok:

Cheers H

Banjo
27th Apr 2005, 16:42
proffesional, damn doesn't anyone get irony any more

haughtney1
27th Apr 2005, 17:51
Banjo...my apologies....if that was irony..I guess its ironic I didnt get it:}

On a more serious note....it seemed more like un-constructive nit picking..and perhaps a bit sarcastic..rather than ironic..however these are just typed words..without the benefit of expression or personal context. Once again apologies if any offense caused.

Cheers

H:ok:

Sky_Captain
27th Apr 2005, 20:29
Maybe, But annonimity is a wonderful thing here at PPRUNE. Anyway, i'm happy where I am now, well beyond the 146 and the reaches of one simple man.

Sometimes standing up to a bully is necessary, even if he carries more weight than we ever will ;)

little-paddy
27th Apr 2005, 22:39
Hi James,

I didn't realise it was a part of the recruitment process still.

Please let us know how it went and what to expect.

All the best with it. I hope you don't have to listen to as much BS as you had to on this post over a typo!!!!

L-P :ok:

jamestkirk
28th Apr 2005, 17:24
Thanks. I am not too fussed about the mis-spelling remarks. It's actually quite funny.

I did the aptitude test today and i do not think i did that well.

They consist of :

1. Nymerical reasoning, that is harder that the stuff in aptitude books purchased from WHS.

2. Spatial awareness. Lots of complicated shapes that you have to mentally construct, turn and give the correct position in space.

3. Abstract reasoning : Lines, lines and more lines.

4. Mechanical reasoning : pulleys, light physics, practical applications froma picture.

There were abut 10 people on the assessment today.

The Cityjet staff (Pamela) were very pleasant and helpful.

If you get called at a moments notice and cannot get a hotel at the airport, try the Regency on Swords Rd. This can be book through Ryanairhotels.com and is £49.50 pn inc. breakfast.

The regency is not very REGENT but comfortable just the same.

If anyone has the same aptituding day coming up asnd wants to know more then feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps

JTK

martinhardy
30th Apr 2005, 01:32
Hi All,

What about cabin crew jobs, they seem to be recruiting continually. If you use the online application form, how long do you generally have to wait for a response. Also when do you decide to become inpatient and just phone them.

Thanks

Martin

Sky_Captain
30th Apr 2005, 09:25
Don't worry about phoning them quite yet, there about to (or have) start a big recruitment drive for both pilots and cabin crew. Main reason is because their planning on bringing the fleet up to between 22 and 25 aircraft by next summer.

Hope it helps.

mateyboy
30th Apr 2005, 18:12
Have you seen some of the girlies at CJ? I think that Kirky may have been right the furst time!

Banjo
30th Apr 2005, 19:32
haughtney1

no problem, just my sense of humour. A few drinks in a bar and you will soon know how my mind works (or does not as is the case most of the time).
The main point of the comment though still stands as you would be shocked at how many C.V.s turn up not checked. Funniest ever was the one that had forgotten to put on any contact details.

Banjo.

martinhardy
30th Apr 2005, 20:04
Sounds good,

Its always a bit nerving waiting for a job response. I guess i just want this job so badly.

Thanks

Martin

simba1
9th May 2005, 15:37
CityJet doing aptitude tests in Dublin and France. I've got called for one but haven't a clue what to expect. Anyone know anything about these particular tests?

VORLOC
9th May 2005, 15:46
Hi Simba 1,

Got an email as well 2day...Haven't got any idea either about what to expect!
Are you on for the one in Dublin?

Thumbs up dude...:ok:

pipergirl
9th May 2005, 21:53
one of the guys on here jamestkirk did tests there recently (in the past fortnight) might be worth sending him a PM or searching this forum for his posts
best of luck with it:ok:

little-paddy
9th May 2005, 22:12
JAMESTKIRK: How did it go? Did you get any word back yet? What was it like. I have also been called and need as much info as possible.

THanks a million in advance,

L-P

little-paddy
9th May 2005, 22:15
Hi James,

I have the aptitude with CityJet on Thursday week. Would you mind letting me know exactly what to expect. I am really keen to get it but unsure how to prepare. I did one of these in my former career before and made a dogs dinner out of it.

Thanks a million,

Little Paddy

FLYbyWIT
10th May 2005, 09:14
Anybody care to share their approximate flight experience.
As for the tests I believe they use the Watson and Glaser tests.
Anyone know if you can get a copy of these.

TwoDeadDogs
10th May 2005, 22:36
Hi all
For what it's worth, the test book has "The Psychology Corporation" as the copyright holder.
regards
TDD

airmen
11th May 2005, 16:47
Been invited also and just want to know:
I have no Bae 146 type rating and I have read on www.ppjn.com they will charge you 12500€ over 18 months to cover the type rating.
Is it correct?
Thanks

necessity
3rd Jun 2005, 09:49
Dear Colleague's,
Past my initial testing with Cityjet and have a simcheck with them next week. Anyone able to provide me with information regarding the sim check?
Thanks in advance;) .

Necessity

lharle
4th Jun 2005, 23:22
Hi,

I don't have an interview with them, I tried but it didn't work.
I tried to call them but it didn't help;
Can you tell me what is your fliing experience.

Good luck.

necessity
7th Jun 2005, 07:46
2 lharle,

check your p.m.

Best of luck!

ElNino
7th Jun 2005, 11:47
732 simulator in Dublin:

Started with Liffy2A off 28, engine fire on climb-out, continue in the SID until established on the outbound radial from the VOR. Then vectors to the Rokna hold, sort everything out in the hold then a procedural ILS back onto 28. GA at minimums followed by a vectored circuit back around for a Loc only approach to land.

That was a long time ago though, no idea what's being used now.

necessity
7th Jun 2005, 13:15
Thanks a lot. :ok:

swaairways
15th Jun 2005, 12:39
I'm a little confused, but I'm sure I'm just clutching at straws.
I recently did the aptitude test with CityJet and got a letter in reply (never a good sign).

It started along the lines..... We were very interested with your career progress and experience to date. This got me thinking it was heading toward yes.
But it went on to say that they would hold my application for six months and should anything........ which in my experience is the standard line for no, no way, you won't hear from us again.

I'm wondering what kind of response any other people may have got?

haughtney1
15th Jun 2005, 13:17
Dont be too downbeat....the fact you go to the aptitude test is a little victory in itself. Look on the experience as one less hurdle to cross before you get the job your after.

As for the letter......well its just Cityjets way of saying Foxtrot Oscar....one less rejection to success!

The rejection letter I got 18months ago took 6 months to arrive...and was 3 lines long.

Goodluck:ok:

jamestkirk
15th Jun 2005, 15:11
Mine went along the lines

WE DO NOT WANT YOU....EVER

LEAVE US ALONE, THE LAW IS ON OUR SIDE.

NO OFFENCE

LOTS OF LOVE

ALL AT CITYJET

P.S HOPE THE SHORT NOTICE TO CALL YOU TO DUBLIN DID'NT MEAN THE AIR FAE WAS OVER £220. (IT WAS)

P.S.S YOUR TEST SCORES WERE DISGUSTING

Cap Loko
15th Jun 2005, 16:01
I find it rather strange to let you come all the way to the testing facility and then they let you wait or reject you without an obvious reason.

Canada Goose
15th Jun 2005, 16:29
JamesTK .....

Quote "P.S HOPE THE SHORT NOTICE TO CALL YOU TO DUBLIN DID'NT MEAN THE AIR FAE WAS OVER £220. (IT WAS)"

I was aware of FR's choice practices ........... but am I to gather that this tends to be the norm in the industry !!!??? It gets better
:rolleyes:

In my experience of industry outside aviation when ever I've been for a full time professional position in engineering the companies have always picked up the travel expenses !! This included a weekend trip from Ottawa to Vancouver once and included a flight and all expenses for myself and WIFE !! Now I'm not suggesting airlines should pay for spouses to tag along but give us a break !! These airlines have us pilots down for right MUGS !!! (no offence James TK.:uhoh: )

:*

jamestkirk
15th Jun 2005, 16:42
No offence taken.

They know they can get away with it and we know they know. If you know what i mean

Canada Goose
15th Jun 2005, 17:06
...... ironically ...... it's just come back to me now as well what the job was for ............. it was to work on CATS ........ the Canadian Air Traffic System ........ so in a way it was aviation related !!

:rolleyes:

Penworth
15th Jun 2005, 19:36
swaairways

I got the same letter you got and am a bit perplexed by it. Having attended the aptitude tests, I would have thought that either we didn't meet the required standard, in which case they would have told us we were unsuccesful, or else we did, in which case, why have our applications been "held on file", which as you say is normally taken to be a PFO.

I guess a call to Swords might be in order. I'll post here if I get any kind of an answer out of the people at Cityjet.

Cheers

Penworth

swaairways
16th Jun 2005, 12:21
Penworth

I was thinking of phoning too thinking that maybe I was just temporarily being fobbed off, but as I say, I was sure I was clutching at straws.
And if I'm honest, I'm crap at those kinds of phonecalls. Probably the main reason I've been a Wannabe for so long. If you do succeed please let us know what they say.

Anyone out there got any advice on how to nicely get in the faces of perspective employers?
Does phoning Ryanair help or are we expected to just pay £50 and sit longing for a right seat job?

Penworth
19th Jun 2005, 10:14
Apparently Cityjet have filled their requirements for the time being but the letter we got, swaairways, was one that they send to people who will be called for interview should they need people in the future, viz our performances in the aptitude tests met the required standard.

I guess all we can do now is hope they start recruiting again soon!

PW

swaairways
19th Jun 2005, 16:41
Cool. You spoke to someone then?

You'll see me perched on the roof of EIDW with a 2.2 rifle picking off any fo's stepping out of a 146. (though I wonder if that might comprimise my psychological assessment!)

dropshort105
3rd Jul 2005, 22:04
Psyco Assesment, we each fork out about sixty grand just to qualify to be told to F**k OFF and they have to pay a doctor to see if we are mad. I have an idea, pay me what they pay the doctor and I will tell myself that I am a few cans short of a six pack.

dervis
21st Jul 2005, 13:05
Hi,
I am invited in August. Do you guys have more information what to expect. Please share info :D
Thanks

Der

superman_32
21st Aug 2005, 19:17
Calculate

30% of 50% of 100....?

willby
21st Aug 2005, 22:02
50/100 x 30 = 15

superman_32
21st Aug 2005, 22:57
http://www.3smartcubes.com/index.asp

The above site is exactly what you would expect from a cityjet test. except for the verbal part of it. Having been to the one in paris in August, I found out that this is as close as it gets.

good luck all.

you might need to register first with these guys.registration is free.

the aviator1977
21st Sep 2005, 09:43
Dear All,

I went to Dublin in May for Cityjet aptitude tests. A few weeks later I received a letter stating "We were interested in your application and will be contacting you if any suitable vacancies arise". So I phoned them to ask about this letter and they said that I had passed the tests and will be called for an interview. Since then I've phoned once a month and they keep saying that I will be called for an interview but don't know when yet. Are they usually this slow? A friend of mine went to the same aptitude tests and had his interview in August. Everytime I phone they've had the chance to tell me to get lost but they insist I will get an interview. Maybe I'm a bit impatient but it has been 4 months since my aptitude tests!

Who else has been to Dublin for aptitude tests with Cityjet? If so when and have you been called to an interview? If so when? I'd appreciate any info on this as I'm slightly concerned.

best rgds

The Aviator 1977

boeingbus2002
21st Sep 2005, 12:08
Whats your level of experience and what was his?
I completed the website form and havent even received an acknowledgement!

the aviator1977
21st Sep 2005, 12:18
both low hr modular. I applied last year so they seem to be quite slow

lobsterbisque
21st Sep 2005, 18:01
they seem to like giving people the run around! was promised an interview and then nothing, phone calls and nothing, strange. rumor was that they were having trouble with the Paris base as the pilots hated it, but that's all i know, they have a quota to fill before the end of the year but its interesting to hear that there are others that actually got the interview and were successful and natha! very, very, odd! maybe another call to Dublin!

the aviator1977
22nd Sep 2005, 10:59
when did you attend the aptitude tests lobsterbisque?

lobsterbisque
23rd Sep 2005, 09:15
that's whats weird, i never did any aptitude tests, it was all over the phone

Gnirren
12th Oct 2005, 12:35
I'm just curious since I just received a "thank you but no" letter from them after my online application (about 3 weeks ago I think)

If you did, what where your qualifications?

Penworth
12th Oct 2005, 12:41
I had an interview with them a little over a month ago. I'm british with fATPL, MCC and 240 hours. Oh, and modular.

PW

Mercenary Pilot
12th Oct 2005, 13:25
Same as Pensworth but no MCC, got turned down without interview.

Gnirren
12th Oct 2005, 13:41
Seems strange that they wouldn't even call me for an interview then, I have almost 1500 hrs of which close to 900 are twin time, FATPL with MCC.

Ah well :(

Beertender
13th Oct 2005, 22:08
A few mates who are flying for Cityjet say that recruitment is an ongoing process and that interviews are being held year round.
They consider all levels of experience, people with a fATPL and 250 hours TT as well.

I sat the tests in August, got a reply 2 weeks later stating I was successfull but also stating that all immediate places have been filled for the moment and they put my application on hold for 6 months.

Haven't heard from them since, but when looking at the expansion plans my wild guess is that there will be some movement in the next couple of months or so

Regards
BT:ok:

The Devil's Advocate
22nd Oct 2005, 15:09
Would anybody in this forum know of the money required for the Sigmar and Cityjet scheme?
Just think, being accepted onto the Sigmar Aviation Jet Pilot Programme run in association with CityJet, in 18 months you will be positioned to a rewarding Pilot career finding yourself flying one of CityJet's aircraft throughout Europe. Just wondered if anybody had inquired, i'm being asked by a few people but am away from home to ask those in the know?

Dr. Gonzo
22nd Oct 2005, 17:29
I believe it's going to be in the region of €100k.....I don't think they've finalised it yet.

yyzdub
24th Oct 2005, 10:45
It's actually nearer to €90 000 for all the training and accommodation, food, flights, etc.

The Devil's Advocate
25th Oct 2005, 00:19
90000 seems a bit low yyz, especially including all the extra's you've stated. Do you know if its full funding for everything, or are CityJet paying out some of the cost to maintain a bond?

Thanks for any info guys. :)

yyzdub
25th Oct 2005, 15:55
€95 000 to include all the training (ATPL exams, flights, fees, MCC) , accommodation, flights, food, etc.

conor_mc
25th Oct 2005, 16:56
Any idea where the training would take place yyzdub?

BAe 146 type-rating included also?

yyzdub
26th Oct 2005, 08:27
The training will be taking place in South Africa and Ireland and the rating is covered.

The Devil's Advocate
26th Oct 2005, 10:31
Thanks for all the info YYZ, it has been greatly appreciated ny several people who have been asking me. Are you working for Sigmar or Cityjet or just interested in the scheme yourself?

mrbungle
26th Oct 2005, 21:28
Hi yyzdub,

Any idea when the training starts and also how many positions are going to be available ?

yyzdub
1st Nov 2005, 10:20
It will be starting January 2006 for a handful of people. PM me if you have any questions.

yyzdub
2nd Nov 2005, 08:36
Recceguy,

The handful of people accepted, although I see where you are coming from, are in fact short listed based on 5 assessment stages including psychometrics, psychological, interview with Sigmar, interview with CityJet, etc. This is why the programme is only open to a 'handful' of people - the selection process is rigorous. Generally, those who will be successful, would come from a highly educated background. Thus differentiating itself from other training schools/ programmes.

If you have any other questions, PM me - I'd be glad to give you some more insight.

EI-MICK
8th Nov 2005, 13:31
anyone apply? i have an assessment next monday

mrbungle
8th Nov 2005, 16:52
At 9h30 on Capel St. perchance !!

(me too)

rallye parachute
8th Nov 2005, 17:16
Was to be in for 11.30 but got it changed to 09.30 Monday morning.

I was offered Thursday or Friday also. Must be a lot of people to test.

mrbungle
8th Nov 2005, 19:15
It'll be worth the experence of a personality+aptitude test for the airlines, nothing new though. Seen 'em all before in previous interviews and training/coaching over the years.

Still, though, will it all be worth it ??
No mention of the pay rates at Cityjet yet.
Also no mention of buy-in from Cityjet for a bond on the type or some other incentive. Just organising a loan and job ? Small ask, big-big loan.

EI-MICK
8th Nov 2005, 19:55
ya me 9:30 too,as i will be travelling I should leave early.

EIDW RJ85
14th Nov 2005, 21:26
Well had the aptitude tests today. How did you all do?? They were pretty tough!

What did everyone think of the presentation. "95,000 for the training and IF cityjet are hiring when you finish, they will pay for the Type rating".

I didnt really like the sound of all the IF's??

mrbungle
15th Nov 2005, 08:29
Check www.flyinginireland.com/forum in the student area for a discussion on this one !

waffs
1st Dec 2005, 16:27
Anyone know what happens next? Got through the assessment and interview and they're very vague on what's happening now, I just know when and where to be for the next phase!

EI-MICK
1st Dec 2005, 19:18
me too,cityjet psychometric exam sometime next week.when did you hear about passing the interview??

waffs
1st Dec 2005, 19:46
Yesterday morning, although I know someone who just found out today. I was told that metrics would be in January so I enquired today what exactly was happening on the 12th and I wasn't really given an answer. I just want to be able to prepare!!

jamesiek
2nd Jan 2006, 13:25
Hi there all,

I am just seeking some advice in relation to my future career. I am 21 and live in Dublin and recently applied to the Cityjet cadet pilot scheme being run in association with Sigmar aviation. It is now in its final stages with only 18 of us left. It is a self-sponsored scheme with the prospect of a job with Cityjet at the end. The approximate cost is €85,000 for an integrated course in South Africa including type rating to BAE-146 and all related costs right until you start work with the airline.

Being a pilot is something i have always wanted to do, however i have a Commerce degree and an MBS in Project management just being completed at present. Would i be crazy to become a pilot with these qualifications already????

Also would i be better work an office job for a few years and try and save up to fund my own training as opposed to takeing out a loan???

I am not totally worried about salary etc although i really have no idea how much i could expect to earn.

I am just looking for carrer advice essentially from people within the industry and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ali1
2nd Jan 2006, 15:14
Hi there,

Tricky one!!! I think it depends on how definate the 'prospect' of a job with Cityjet is?? If so, I'd go for it because as everyone knows getting a job is not easy. If it's a bit wishy washy maybe think harder. You dont want to pay for a type rating then not have a job at the end!!

With regards to your other situation, if you need to work an office to save funds, do so by all means, however you can get into a rut or routine working in an office and stay there longer than you wish, believe me I know!!

If flying is really what you want and you can fund it, go for it!!!

All the best and good luck!!!

Ali1

BigGrecian
2nd Jan 2006, 16:47
€85,000 for an integrated course in South Africa

It won't be intergrated just structured modular.
I believe LASORS 2006 has a list of the schools approved for integrated courses. There are currently none in South Africa.

Unless that's with the Irish AA

Good Luck!

Telstar
2nd Jan 2006, 16:55
Jamesiek, Extensive discussion here:http://www.flyinginireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1198

jamesiek
2nd Jan 2006, 18:12
Just checked my Info on the course and it is definitly integrated.....first of its kind in South Africa, Port Alfred i think. It just received its certification from the IAA.

jamesiek
2nd Jan 2006, 23:48
Thanks for the link Telstar, extremly helpful, although after reading that i feel very uneasy about the whole program.....what do you think yourself????
Would i just be better to go the tried and tested route eg Oxford/Jerez etc.

Telstar
3rd Jan 2006, 00:47
James, I have a few reservations about the package on offer.

1.Its way, way, way over the odds price wise. Its oxford/jerez money, and your the guinea pig as this is a whole new venture, the first IAA approved school overseas.

2. There are NO guarantees of a job! They are dangling that carrot around and people are fixating on that. Yes you may be given a preference but in th 14-16 months it takes you to get qualified who knows what might have happened, if there are no jobs available, you won't be getting one. They give you no contractual or written promises, what does that tell you!

3.Pricewise again, your being middled by a third party. I would cut the middleman, save a bloody small fortune go modular and with what you've saved pay for the type rating their or elsewhere.

Just read some of the comments from people who attended the interview in the above link. The lack of transparency bothers me.

<Edited for crimes against spelling and grammar :( >

AMiller
3rd Jan 2006, 01:51
Try CTC WIngs. They offer the best chance of employment currently.

jamesiek
3rd Jan 2006, 06:18
Thanks again Telstar, i am doing the metric tests with Cityjet today so i'll give these a shot and keep it up till the end but i think it will only be for experience as it all seems a little too perfect to be honest.

On the other hand it could be a really great program that company's value really highly and all the chosen people could get jobs with Cityjet and it could work out in our favour. However, am i, or anyone willing to take that risk????? I'd love to but it is a serious risk. I have heard about the talk of insureing ourselves or that it may even be included with price. My uncle is a financial adviser and he reckons we could insure against all risks for under 3 grand but again it all adds to the course cost but even the chance of a job at the end is a lot more than the current Oxford grads etc can get!!! Any opinions?

95k is an awful lot and if unlike i previously thought (i will ask them today) that it does not include TR then why are we paying 3 grand more than Oxford to be the guinea pigs of the program?

Finally, i have applied to the CTC cadet program with Easyjet etc, it sounds very good although the money is not great at all as far as i can see and you are contracted to them for 7 years. I am going to an assesment day in late January.

AMiller
3rd Jan 2006, 08:30
jamesiek and others.....

Money not that great? Hmm let me explain why it is the best around at the moment.

If, for example you sourced the £60,000 required from private (as in free sources ) you wont pay a penny for your training. It would get paid BACK to you over the 7 year period your contracted for. If you source the £60,000 from the bank then all that you;d loose is the interest, about £20,000. So in that perspective it is the cost of a modular course - but you get a integrated (well very soon to be) course with a fantastic stamp in your logbook - CTC.

With regards to your salary whilst at easyjet/Thomas Cook you get less that someone that has say come from another FTO. However, the airline pay you back your money every month. About £1,000 per month. BUT you dont get £12,000 per year less than your counter parts from other FTO's. Therefore at CTC you can earn more than your mates from other FTO's but also be in a situation where you can say either :-

1) I have not paid a penny for my training.
2) All I have paid is £20,000.

In addition to the first point there if you have borrowed from a family member the £60,000 you wage packet from the airline will still include the £1,000 per month as a tax free sum! So you will be better off than your mates that have come from other FTO's as £1,000 of your monthly salary won;t be taxable.

Hope this is clearer!

Andy

waffs
3rd Jan 2006, 14:33
I'd be very wary jamesiek, like telstar said, you're the guinea pig and the price is huge. You could go back to back modular in the UK and have enough money left over for a rating for the same money as sigmar are looking for! They haven't even given a final salary figure yet!

AMiller
3rd Jan 2006, 17:47
In addition to what I have already stated CTC provide a type rating as well. This is something I believe OAT/FTE etc etc dont provide.

Andy

MilesDavis
15th Jan 2006, 23:43
Anyone keep up with this scheme? It would be really interesting to hear some feedback on how you got on.

Miles

CamelhAir
16th Jan 2006, 11:48
It all depends on what they mean by the "prospect" of a job. Without anything firm, it's an over expensive fATPL course. As they won't give anything firm I suspect (or at the very least there will be a get out clause), it seems like an over expensive fATPL.
I have heard that the directors of Sigmar and Cityjet are one and the same. Sounds like a fast buck to me. I'd recommend talking to some cityjet pilots - and not the ones they wheel out for your interview.

1013->Coffee
21st Jan 2006, 14:13
Greetings,

I'm looking for some information about the CityJet aptitude tests.
If anyone can give me some info about it, that would be great!

Thanx.

1013->coffee

jbkettering
22nd Jan 2006, 10:47
There will be 4 tests
Math, logics, mechenical logics and foldouts.

Math from very simple questions to quit hard wans.
Logics you see 4 pictures with a logic in it what would the fifth picture be.
Mechenical logics if you turn a chainwheel clockwise what would the third chainwheel do (you will see a picture).
Foldout You will see a 2 dimensional picture if you fold it together how would it looklike in 3 dimension.

Good luck

collie77
23rd Jan 2006, 20:16
Im one of the last 6 to be accepted. After going through an apptitude test and two interviews with Cityjet i believe that the programme has gained credibility. Cityjets chief training captain will be in South Africa 3 or 4 times within the 10 months to monitor progress. When questioned they also told me they had input into the design of the course as well.I have spoken to 6 pilots who fly for Cityjet and they have all said that Cityjet are serious about offering jobs at the end of the training. By going elsewhere you are not going to save any money and with the prospect of a job at the end I believe it is a good opportunity. When training is finished Cityjet will pay us while doing the type rating and deduct it from our salary.

80kts checked
24th Jan 2006, 08:22
I agree with several of the other comments expressing caution with this scheme.
It is not tried and tested and you are there is no guarantee of a job at the end of it.
There are several alternatives such as CTC, Oxford or Jerez, all have which have long standing track records and are held in high regard by the airlines.
I believe you should, at the very least, make contact with other graduates of the school in SA for feedback. It may be brilliant, but without sufficient research, you could be a very expensive guinea pig.
Best of luck with whatever course you follow.

collie77
27th Jan 2006, 18:49
Just made contact with two other Irish guys who attended the school a few years ago and they said it was top notch and a very good school to attend.

El Capitano
2nd Apr 2006, 12:22
Has anyone recently been invited for the selection for a direct entry captain position with Cityjet? What can I expect? Only a (technical) interview or also some psychological tests and a grading?
Some details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! E.C.

scroggs
2nd Apr 2006, 14:07
This Forum is Not For Job-Hunting Experienced Pilots (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162539). Especially those that can't read! :hmm:

Scroggs

Addy
20th Apr 2006, 09:12
What can I expect from a so called aptitude test with Cityjet? The message I received said "general, non aviation specific aptitude tests"

speedrestriction
20th Apr 2006, 12:57
Don't know. Just out of interest, what is your experience level. Got a PFO last week.

Addy
20th Apr 2006, 13:07
FAA & JAA CPL/ME/IR/MCC 600+ TT of which 400-something instruction given, 1st time pass on everything, Cabair modular 23 y/o

navdisplay
11th May 2006, 14:07
Hy guys! :)

Does anyone know how is the selection process in CityJet for type rated pilots??:confused:

What kind of questions....sim screening and so on.......

Every answer is well accepted

Jimmy The Big Greek
21st May 2006, 00:25
Just wondering:

I just checked cityjets online application form and they ask if you where glasses or contacts and then they ask you how long have you worn them.

Why do they ask that???

airmiles
4th Jul 2006, 23:14
Before I get told look at previous threads.. I did, but I have noticed the people who asked before me got no response. So I am going to try! Can someone please give me and the other people some information on the type of tests the Cityjet non-aviation aptitude testing are? Which websites have similar sort of tests, and don't say SHL and those ones because I have gone on there and there are not many tests there and also I have the feeling those are not the ones asked.

Cheers,

Airmiles :ok:

jimpearce
5th Jul 2006, 09:55
all I know is I spent ages on their rediculous online application which I couldn't get to submit!!!

elevengflyer
5th Jul 2006, 10:58
I managed to submit it, but of course as all airlines have God-like status they do not acknowledge receipt, nor reply, so I can only assume it was received.
Perhaps if i'd done a different course, reduced my age by a few years, paid for my own rating, and offered to work for free for a year they may have let me know they'd got it? Doubt it though.

JIC
5th Jul 2006, 11:29
I have been to the test but unfortunatly I failed at the written test.

From what I can remember of the test there was 4 different subjects.

It started with about 40 math queistions

exampels:

45jj2
+ 5j2
-----
j598j

x=3x^2+4x+4x+2

a) x=3x^2+6
b) x=3x
c) x=3x^2+8x+2

Fractions (alot), division, multiplictions, equations.
General math. I think that we had about 20 min.

the rest was very much like the taskes on the this site.

www.3smartcubes.com

I think there was about 40 quiestions in each subject and we had between 15 - 20 min for each subject. There was no verbal reasoning.

the time pressure was quiet big. There wasn't any suprises. A nice atmosphere.

Hope this can help you to get the job. :) If you get the job, I hope you remember me, so if we one day meet in one of the worlds many airports you can buy me a beer.:ok:

Good Luck

Sincerly Jic

rsr3
5th Jul 2006, 16:18
I've just had a blast at those aptitude tests, quite good fun!

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 17:03
Just did them too, but what a shame you ahve to pay to find out how you did!! If I had known that... Out of interest what did the website say you were?

rsr3
5th Jul 2006, 17:37
lol yeah I was a little disappointed!

I'm an ideal accountant apparently, I work well with numbers and can work with precision and awareness! Quite tempted to pay for $6 for the full report, I wonder how much more information they could tell you though? It would be good to know my weaknesses.

How about yourself?!

Rob

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 17:41
Well they said I was an Animator. This means that you are gifted at visualizing which lets you 'see' objects in three dimensional space. This is accompanied with an 'eye' for detail.

I would have liked to know my weaknesses though!!

Don't suppose you are going to the aptitude testing day in Paris? I need to brush up on my numerical skills.

I know $6 seems so little but you never know if it is a con.

rsr3
5th Jul 2006, 18:04
Nope, not heading out to Paris - I am on the Thomas Cook scheme with OAT though, got my stage two coming up in a couple of weeks.

Is the selection you are going to (or I assume you are) for any particular airline or are you just going for the tests for your own information?

All the best!

rsr3
5th Jul 2006, 18:08
Just out of interest, has anybody come across any mental maths tester tools? Just looking on google now, I'd rather practise using somebody elses questions rather than having to make them up first!

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 18:09
It is for CityJet. They invited me for this aptitude testing. It will be 3 hours.

Wow you may be flying for Thomas Cook then. Lucky you! Maybe you can get me a job one day.. :)

So did you do all your training at OAT then? I take it you are an integrated student then.

rsr3
5th Jul 2006, 18:14
Ooops sorry I should've made myself clearer - I have applied for the Thomas Cook sponsorship scheme with OAT, I am through to stage 2 to actually getting a place on the course - not actually started yet!

Competition will no doubt be stiff so I'm just trying to prep as best as possible!

Are you qualified and going for direct entry then, or in a similar position to me? I must be honest I haven't heard a lot about CityJet.

dreid159
11th Jul 2006, 16:29
I am looking for any information regarding the CityJet Interview process. Any information would be appreciated. Have an interview Friday.

Thanks

dreid159
11th Jul 2006, 16:31
Just wondering if anybody has any information regarding the Cityjet interview process. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

airmiles
11th Jul 2006, 16:43
You got through the aptitude tests then I take it? Haveyou got any info on them? I am leaving tomorrow for Paris, but just wondered if you had quick and final tips.

Cheers,

wlch001
11th Jul 2006, 22:07
Airmiles,

Are you going to the Marriott hotel for thursday? Will see you there.

Charlie Roy
13th Jul 2006, 23:50
Slightly off topic, but RTE had an article yesterday on CityJet buying new aircraft.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0713/cityjet.html

"CityJet, the Air France owned Irish airline, is to spend $221m (€174m) on replacing and expanding its fleet.
The airline, which operates five flights a day from Dublin to London City Airport, has bought 23 planes that had been repossessed from a bankrupt US airline. In addition to the Dublin-London route, CityJet operates on a number of other European routes into Paris.
The new planes will be used to replace some of the older BAe146 jets that have served the company for more than 12 years.

Geoffrey O'Byrne-White, CityJet's chief executive said that this was the largest investment in the history of the airline. The first of the new aircraft will be in service by next November and all will be operating by mid-2007.
CityJet is based in Swords, Co Dublin, and employs 580 staff. The airline carried 1.5 million passengers last year, with a turnover of €254m, an increase of 18% on the previous year."

newton69
14th Jul 2006, 09:39
Don't get too excited the (NEW) Planes are Avro RJ 85 from mesaba in the US. They are basically just an updated 146 with Efis, same airframe same systems and 4 slightly bigger apu's.... ahem sorry engines :) but might sound good if u know the difference in the interview. Good luck to all. Buy the way Cityjet are getting a RJ sim in Dublin to be Up and Running by Xmas.

benybird
26th Sep 2006, 15:11
I am invited to the Cityjet sim assessment on the 4th of October:) :) :).
My question on this forum is double:

1) Can anyone give some more info on what they usually ask???
2) Becaus it has been ages since I flew in a (serious) sim I have booked two sim sessions (2h each) on the 737-200 in Dublin (same as for Cityjet and Ryanair simcheck)with an instructor for sunday 1st of October. If anyone is interested in flying too we can each do 1h PF and 1h PNF and share the costs (350€/h). It is not cheap but I really (really) want that job so I am convinced it is worth it.
Contact me via PM for further details if you are interested.

Thanx:ok:

Kezler
4th Oct 2006, 14:58
Benybird,

How did your sim assesment go? Did you get through? Any info on what to expect/study for the apptitude test?

Thanks in advance,

Kezler

wingbar
4th Oct 2006, 15:32
Hours etc?
Whats your experience?
Please tell us....:)

Kezler
5th Oct 2006, 07:46
2300 hours, small turboprop commander......hoping to bump up!

Kez

Jinkster
5th Oct 2006, 07:54
Any ideas what happens at psycometric assesments?

Kezler
5th Oct 2006, 08:10
That's what I'm trying to find out, my first try at a job in Europe.....never done an aptitude test before....they say it's 3.5 hours long.....anyone have any info?

Jinkster
5th Oct 2006, 09:01
Flights to CDG for assesment = £200 :oh:

scroggs
5th Oct 2006, 09:47
Firstly, this thread is in the wrong forum. If you have over 2000 hours and are currently employed, you are not a Wannabe! You should have posted in Terms and Endearments.

Secondly, advertising your spare seat in the simulator is directly counter to Pprune's Terms and Conditions. Advertisements in the open forums are not allowed.

Thirdly, the subject is now out of date. The thread will be closed.

Scroggs

Jinkster
5th Oct 2006, 10:15
Anyone got updates on the Cityjet Aptitude testing in Paris?

Thanks

Jinkster
6th Oct 2006, 10:49
I have an assesment with CJ coming up and have been looking through these aptitude tests online.....

And without swearing too much - what in the name of :mad: :mad: :mad: do these tests proove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I do know someone that passed tests and was chosen for sponsorship by a regional airline - flew threw the candidates groundschool and failed a flying test about 5 times before being binned by said regional airline!!!!!!!!! :mad:

airmiles
6th Oct 2006, 11:20
Well, I passed those CityJet tests and was informed I was put in a pool, awaiting next phase. And then I got a letter about 10 days ago saying thank you for your interest in our company, and good luck in your search with finding a job. So even if you pass those tests it doesn't seem to matter, as you may not get a job anyhow!!
Airmiles

Jinkster
6th Oct 2006, 15:02
Ahh....looks like a just wasted £144.80 on the airfare and thats with BMI Baby (bloody short notice fares!!!)

:mad:

Kezler
11th Oct 2006, 04:45
I'm headed over to Dublin today to do the aptitude test tomorrow....anyone gone through the whole process and could supply a time frame from aptitude testing to flight training? I hear this holding pool is a long one....

Thanks

Jinkster
11th Oct 2006, 14:16
:hmm: i didnt get a choice about dublin......

Its paris for me

jbkettering
12th Oct 2006, 12:28
Well it's there main hub and every one has to go via Paris base before you go to DUB.
You need to get familiar with AF network.
So every one has to do there time in CDG.
It will take quit a bit of time to go to DUB for F/O for CAPT it might go a bit faster.

Blueskies82
14th Oct 2006, 08:41
Well, I passed those CityJet tests and was informed I was put in a pool, awaiting next phase. And then I got a letter about 10 days ago saying thank you for your interest in our company, and good luck in your search with finding a job. So even if you pass those tests it doesn't seem to matter, as you may not get a job anyhow!!
Airmiles

Heh.....You ain't the only one. Same here! I sent them a kind inquiry. They told me that because they had receiced so many applications, they decided the re-review all the applications.

But to be honest...I'm sure something better will come up. Won't be applying again that's for sure! :=

Jinkster
14th Oct 2006, 09:04
I'd give them a ring because I'm off to Paris for the psycho testing in 2 weeks time......!

Looks like I definately wasted £200 on a short notice BMI Baby flight!!! :mad:

Jinkster
24th Oct 2006, 20:49
Off to the testing tomorrow :eek:

Jinkster
27th Oct 2006, 23:23
back from paris

Brush up on yer algebra :eek:

Kezler
28th Oct 2006, 10:28
Well heard from Dublin and got the interview...but no timeline when that might happen as they are, "really busy." Ok...

TolTol
28th Oct 2006, 11:51
Got a PFO letter from Cityjet after I applyed online, my friend got one also. Just wondering how they decide who gets called for an interview and who doesn't.

No sour graphs! Honest:D

iwagg
28th Oct 2006, 13:05
Has anyone been through the Cityjet sim ride - successfully passed it and is now waiting on a start date ?

If so when did you do it...seems to be a fairly long holding pool.

Do you know what the starting pay for F/o's is?

3bars
1st Nov 2006, 12:08
Check out this link for cityjet pay scale,

Regards

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=zw6x4a5vkrjakxsyj6hj4qkf4uk0qtraanx5ksnu4uuc f70q31w:ok:

jbkettering
1st Nov 2006, 14:46
It all depends on your current exp. in what grade you getting.
Your salary is connected to howe many hr. you have and if you have a frozen or full ATPL.
They will tell you that when you are over for the interview (they show you the whole pay scale).

For those going for the interview all the best.
It's straight forward but know your current type they will ask stuff about it.

Greetz JBK

thunderbird-1
3rd Nov 2006, 22:34
Hi

I have the aptitude test coming up :eek: . Any info about it would be muuuuuuuuch appreciate.
If you have any example or if you know a book which prepare this type of test, it would be great too.

Many thanks, cheers.

Kezler
10th Nov 2006, 13:09
Bananna,

So you mean CityJet is just like every other non-unionized company in the world? I've worked for a lot of them and they're all the same.

The real question is, how is the flying? That's why (most) of us do what we do anyway! IF I wanted to be rich, famous and repected I would have done something else and saved myself a bunch of money to boot!

There will always be someone who gets away with murder and someone else who gets the shaft, the only way to stay sane is to stay out of the office politics and do the job that (hopefully) you enjoy. If not, time for a career change!

Flying around Europe in a multi jet for the last three years sounds pretty good don't you think?

K

CamelhAir
14th Nov 2006, 16:43
I've worked for a lot of them

yet

The real question is, how is the flying? That's why (most) of us do what we do anyway!

I contend you've most certainly not worked for many companies for any length of time if you still think that the quality of the flying is more important than having a decent quality of life and being treated reasonably well.
I presume you're the type who refuses to get involved in a union seeking to improves everyones lot, thus consigning yourself and everyone else to a continued race to the bottom. All it takes is one or two self-centred scabs to undermine the wishes of everyone else. You're management aren't you?

Kezler
14th Nov 2006, 18:03
Touchy touchy....

Like I said, if you don't like....quit. Go do something else and let the rest of us get on with it.

My quality of life is great, maybe because I love what I do and don't spend all day whining about who has it better than me and why I'm not getting paid the big bucks. Pretty much everyone I know hates their job, thank goodness I don't. This outlook, by the way, does not subtract from the efforts of unions (of which I'm in one) to better our quality of life as pilots....just makes it easier to stay out of the bull.

Enjoy,
K

P.S. Management at my company doesn't really fly a whole lot so that ain't me

Flight Line
27th Dec 2006, 11:43
Last week I heard that I passed the cityjet aptitude tests and I am invited for an interview in Paris.
Since this is my first interview ever I am looking forward to it but I have no idea what to expect!The email I got from them was somewhat vague.It only mentioned with whom I had the interview but nothing on the structure or what to expect.
Is there anybody would knows what they will be asking at the Cityjet interview ? technical questions or about previous jobs/flight experience? or is it a normal interview?

Thanks!

Flight Line

FireFoxDown
27th Dec 2006, 13:11
I had an interview with them recently in Dublin - it was a relaxed "get to know you" affair! :ok:

UP and Down Operator
27th Dec 2006, 16:29
The interview is quit relaxed and nothing tricky. If you don't know the answer they will tell it to you and then move on from there. The guys conducting it is nice and are not trying to fail you. - It's the sim-instructor who is the bad guy, and he tries everything to fail you. (including shutting down the opporsite engine of the one he states that he is shutting down on you :hmm: )

Just be aware that if you fail the interview or later the sim-ride, then no-one will bother to tell you. Basically they will just **** on you and ignore you forever - and not tell you what went wrong.

And yes, i failed the sim myself, and I pray to God and thank him for that every single night these days, as i got a job in a real airline in stead..... one that threats people as humans and not animals :ugh:

High Wing Drifter
27th Dec 2006, 19:37
CityJet, the only place that has sent me a rejection letter, all my other applications have just been sucked into Cygnus X1 for all I know. It arrived this morning :( Onwards and upwards :O

Jinkster
28th Dec 2006, 08:11
I did the cityjet assessment a few months ago and unfortunately or even fortunately failed it!

Didnt get through to the interview part!

Good luck - I did post a few things about the assessment mainly in Terms and Enderement so if you do a search....

Jinkster

wingsaseagles
10th Jan 2007, 15:02
hey, i've just done a sim cx with cityjet and think i really messed it up.. anyone else done one recently?? have u heard back yet?

My suggestion to anyone thinking that they may get asked to go for a simcx is to get some sim time... maybe a 737-200 hint hint. I was asked to go for a sim cx only just over a week after hearing how i did in the interview.. it's not much time to sort out a sim ride (especially when over christmas!).

And don't underestimate the sim cx... I thought the interview would be the hard bit... not so!:=

Learn from my mistake - be prepared. Have a good look at SIDs and STARs and try to get some big-jet sim practice.

All the best,
never give-up:ok:

FB1
11th Jan 2007, 22:57
Wingsaseagles (and everyone else)

I've got a Cityjet interview coming up and was wondering if anyone had any tips (on top of what is already posted). I've been told there is technical section in the interview and have been going through all the old ATPL manuals.

Also, as a matter of interest, if you pass the interview and the sim check, do Cityjet have a holdpool or do they take you on pretty quickly.

Any guidance is gratefully received

Cheers

FB

Kezler
11th Jan 2007, 23:53
I got through the apptitude and the interview and have the sim coming up in February. It's on the 737-200. Got the speeds and attitudes and booked some time in before hand to practice....never flown a jet sim before.

At the interview they said that they were hiring now for a March course date, one of the last ones on the 146 before they introduce the Avro.

Hope it goes well...anyone else around the first weekend of February?

K

genius747
14th Jan 2007, 20:35
Hello all,
I have conducted a few PPRune searches on the Cityjet recruitment processes, baisically it seems there is a few aptitude tests and a personality test, and the interview itslef plus the sim check.
Could someone 'in the know' please confirm that this is correct.
But what I am really wondering is the order of it all. Is the aptitude tests and interview done on the same day? Where is the interview located? Dublin, Paris?
Are the aptitude tests multiple choice? What are the time limits of each exam?
If someone that has done the tests recently could indicate time limits for each of the aptitude tests and mabye even an example or two if they could remember would be great.
What were you asked to do for the sim check, and is the RJ sim easy/hard to fly..
I know there is a lot there that I' asking, but any help on the whole process would be great.
Cheers,
G74

wingsaseagles
15th Jan 2007, 13:47
hello all, bad news unfortunately.. didn't pass sim cx but the good news I now know what to expect... Kezler - sounds like u getting well prepared.. good job:D , wish i had..:ugh: all the best!

To try and answer some Q's appearing previously, my experience has been 3 stages..
1. Apptitude tests
2. Interview
3. Sim Cx

As far as i know stages 1 and 2 can be paris or dublin, and stage 3 in dublin in a 737-200 sim.

Apptitude tests - about 4 parts i think plus a personality test thing..
Maths, technical, cognitive and can't quite remember the other... maybe just those plus personality questionaire?
Maths - revise long division and multiplication (no calculator ofcourse), as well as rearranging equations etc. Think about 30 Q's in 45 min??? it was a while ago so if anyone else remembers feel free to correct me.:rolleyes:
Technical (so called!) fairly easy picture diagrams with simple Q's. Eg a big cog and small cog... if cog A is turned once how many times will cog B turn? (hint: count the teeth!) These Q's are mostly common sense.
Cognitive Q's.. remember those 'nets' in school.. basically a piece of paper with 6 squares on it, which could be folded up to make a cube? Well, imagine that with dots or stripes on some of the cube faces. Then a choice of 3 cubes.. with a Q 'Which cube is the right one?' It can only be one due to the layout. Then the shapes get more interesting! Sounds complicated but it just cos i'm not exlaining it very well.. again anyone else feel free to pitch in.

Interview: personal flying history and background. Q's: 'What do you know about Cityjet/146/Avro? etc Technical Q's based around 146 and it's characteristics, eg short T/O Landing capability, 'whisper-jet' -quiet engines, flaps - how they work and why important. Also describe considerations in flapless landing. Ice temp. range, remember to mention 'super-cooled droplets'..

Sim cx: 737-200 SIDs and STARs (have a look for complicated Dublin plates!)
He won't give you any help with engine settings.. he acts as co-pilot so u can use him to help setting up nav aids etc but he won't go out of his way to help!!!!! i had engine failure during the hold.. then ils. He seemed more picky about flying the numbers instead of smooth flying.

well, hope this helps. Best advice is just relax and set out to enjoy it.
happy flying:ok:

Fraggle Rock
2nd Mar 2007, 21:55
Hi Aero,

I have been to Cityjet aptitude testing and found it quite a challenge.

There is a pretty tricky math paper with a range of equations, long devision, multiplication etc. Straightforward enough except some numbers are missing, fill in the blanks and there is not enough time :ugh:

Then there are four I seem to recall, spatial awerness papers, ranging from bloody obvious to quite involved patterns. I actually quite enjoyed those as I had studied that type of problem for about three weeks before the test. There were about 25 people on my day and all that I spoke to said they didnt have enough time to finish.

The HR girls are great and its a relaxed atmosphere.

If you want any further advice PM me, all the best :ok:

Oh and I passed :)

porco
12th Mar 2007, 22:54
Hello guys,
I am quite happy to notice that CITYJET is hiring at the moment.
I have a frozen ATPL (CPL IR MCC) with 300 FH; I applied on line on their website in last december. Unfortunately I had no ticket for the tests.
Are there any other people in this situation ?
What should be done to take this tests ? (special websites, no low hours,....)
Thanks in advance for your help.
See you,
Porco, the flying pig.

farfadet
13th Mar 2007, 10:09
Hello
Has someone already heard about CityJet Cadet Pilot Programme in connection with Sigmar Recruitment? It is a sponsorship with the Sigmar's school.
I'd like to know your opinions. Thanks.

flyasthesky
13th Mar 2007, 10:29
Hello Farfadet, as far as I am aware the Sigmar programme with Cityjet is not a sponsorship opportunity. I think the hefty sum of 95,000 euro still has to be funded by the candidate themselves with still no guarantee that you'll get a job with Cityjet at the end.