PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet??

Pages : 1 [2]

chileconcarne27
13th Mar 2007, 17:25
Is anyone going to Dublin for aptitude tests and interview on Tuesday 20th March?

If so, is anyone flying to Dublin in the morning?

I have just done selection at Oxford so hopefully i know what to expect.

ANyone found out if this is a scheme similar to OAT/Netjets and FlyBe/FTE?????

95,000 Euros is an awful lot of money if there is no guarantee of a job at the end!!

farfadet
13th Mar 2007, 19:23
Thanks for your reply flyasthesky !

Token Bird
20th Mar 2007, 10:08
I have just trawled through this massive thread which has been going for donkey's years and there is not a lot of solid information. The last post about what is involved in the sim assessment was in June 2005! Has anyone done the simulator assessment recently who can confirm they are still using the same profile, and if not, how are they doing it now?

Token

aF380
26th Mar 2007, 11:34
i do not understand the assement is in dublin or in paris
-please there is someone can explain us the test i try to read your comments if there is a french who did the test please explain to me in french .
thanks

PaddyMcGinty
11th Apr 2007, 11:55
Hi there,

I have recently sat aptitude tests with CityJet and I am waiting to get word from them. This is the first airline that has given me a chance so I am completely new to the interview/sim assessment process. I am worried about the technical side of the interview as I do not know how difficult the questions are going to be or what is expected of me. I am currently revising some of the ATPL stuff that I did ages ago but I am looking for information specific to the Avro RJ, performance manuals, checklists etc so I can get more familiar with that type of aircraft. The ATPLs seemed to be based more around the 737 which is quite different the the RJ. If anyone has any links or information that would help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched this forum over and over again but cannot find much information around the interview at Cityjet. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Stephen

MilesDavis
13th Apr 2007, 23:59
Flyboy check your pm's

ob74
14th Apr 2007, 16:38
anyone get any emails / calls after apptitude tests that were taken mid march from cityjet or are things on a go slow. i know they are all busy in city at the moment. any replies appreciated.:ugh:

Token Bird
14th Apr 2007, 16:40
I did tests in January. Hadn't heard by two weeks, so emailed Pamela and got a reply back pretty much straightaway. Cityjet sometimes need a little nudge. Same thing with scheduling the interview date.

nuageblanc
14th Apr 2007, 17:08
hello,

i heard that the salary for F/O at cityjet is 1600 euros a month take home fly pay incud !! so if you dont fly (days off, stand byes, etc) you get even less like 1000 euro in a month !!!
it is very :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :yuk:

Guillaume :cool:

Token Bird
14th Apr 2007, 20:10
Well I shall just have to work the local red light district on my days off then! ;)

ob74
18th Apr 2007, 16:27
heres hoping for something better:D :D

Token Bird
19th Apr 2007, 08:38
I have since found out that the salary at CityJet is considerably better than indicated by nuageblanc above

Bambe
20th Apr 2007, 00:36
Hey Token Bird, can you give us so the salary please...?
Thanks

aF380
20th Apr 2007, 09:54
where cityjet pilot are based
paris or dublin
thanks

ob74
20th Apr 2007, 11:07
can be based at paris dublin or now london city.:}

SD.
20th Apr 2007, 16:05
Does anyone know what the rosters and T&C's are like for LCY based FO's? Also, what the chances of a new joiner getting a LCY base?

Thanks!

ICING AOA
21st Apr 2007, 17:25
Does anyone know what the rosters and T&C's are like for LCY based FO's? Also, what the chances of a new joiner getting a LCY base?

very little I would guess, as I heard from a friend of mine flying at cityjet that the company can only base 2 aircraft over there (parking is too small). Actually LCY crews are the one based at Paris and DUB.

Anyway, with the extremely high cost of living at London, good luck :ok:

acebaxter
22nd Apr 2007, 09:50
Not true. There are LCY based crews. The number of aircraft that can park here overnight has very little to do with how many crews are based here.

ICING AOA
22nd Apr 2007, 20:44
The number of aircraft that can park here overnight has very little to do with how many crews are based here.

How can it work then ?? :confused:

acebaxter
23rd Apr 2007, 07:59
Even just allowing for the "two" aircraft that spend the night there you need more than two crews. All airlines staff differently, the one I worked for in the States claimed to staff 5.5 crews per aircraft though it was actually less than that. But just for illustration using those numbers you could base 11 crews there just looking at two aircraft. Also, not every crew that brings an aircraft in departs on it. If I bring an aircraft in and then go to the hotel/apartment, as the case may be, another crew is required to fly it to it's next destination.

I don't know the actual numbers of crew based in LCY but they are there.

360flyer
27th Apr 2007, 09:16
Yeah wanabe,I've been confused by this whole thing my self.
The site says the course is co-sponsored yet you pay 95k and they say cityjet will continually monitor your progress through training,giving me the impression that no offers are made until they're sure. Of course,we can't expect a guaranteed job but it'd be nice to have a little more in the way of security if we've to put that much money up.

chlong
27th Apr 2007, 09:31
there is no guarantee ( nobody will/can as they dont know whats going to happen in 12- 18 months when you are finished the course ),if they notice you doing well on the course then you are in with a shout but you are still not guaranteed anything. also helps if they like you. this is a good course but it is like oxford / cabair , give us the money but when your finished your on your own, no matter what the marketing department say to you. look at oxford / cabair before deciding anything as their reputations at least stand up and look who employs their graduates ( all airlines ) where sigmar is cityjet and cityjet or their managers are getting a kickback somewhere along the line .beware of all flight school bumf:=

potkettleblack
27th Apr 2007, 09:59
Guys and gals I would seriously think twice about this deal. As far as I know they have not taken anything like the majority of people off a course. Therefore the odds are that you will not get a job at the end.

If you must go down the integrated route then why limit yourself to Cityjet? You could go to Jerez or Oxford and work hard and get put forward for to any number of airlines. No one will know about the sigmar deal as its to new and you don't want to be in essence a defacto marketing department for them after paying 95k.

CamelhAir
27th Apr 2007, 10:03
you don't want to be in essence a defacto marketing department for them after paying 95k.

Particularly as that 95k is a 100% mark-up on the schools charge for "direct entry."

Token Bird
29th Apr 2007, 14:19
100% mark-up? It's 95000 Euros not GBP!

TB

saviboy
29th Apr 2007, 22:54
I saw on cityjet.com that they consider FAA ATP's for employment , do you guys know anybody who got hired with just FAA licences ( I have a EU passport)
thnaks guys

acebaxter
30th Apr 2007, 06:52
Myself and about 13 other folks. The ability to use the FAA ATP is not forever. If you plan on staying you will eventually need to sit those 14 written exams.

v1r8
3rd May 2007, 22:32
True, and they will only consider hiring you if you are type rated (avro/rj85). If you do not have a JAA license that is.

V1

flyingsaucer
4th May 2007, 14:16
hi

i dont have a type in the avro, and i have only FAA license but i also have a european passeport and i got an invitation for an aptitude test.

how is that?

flyboymurphy
5th May 2007, 01:12
So did I today, flying saucer and I am in the same boat as you..flying in the US etc...

Bambe
5th May 2007, 02:50
Anyway guys, think you're simply losing your time.. It's 1 month since i sent my application, sent one more mail and called them twice...No answer..They were supposed to contact us under 10 days!!!

Doesn't seem to be a serious training...

If one of you get news please show me the way ;-)

cheers

flyboymurphy
5th May 2007, 17:07
Hey Bambe , just to let u know i applied online about 3 to 4 months ago so I d say give it a little time.
Steve

Token Bird
5th May 2007, 17:09
Are you guys all talking about the same thing? I get the impression some people are talking about applying to CityJet for a job and others are talking about applying for this training scheme they have going,

TB

Control Abnormality
7th May 2007, 10:49
Hey,

Just had the really good news that I'm being called for an interview. Has anyone been for an interview lately? Or possibly have any info on what I could expect? Any info will be a great help!!
Oh, and I'm not applying for the first officer programme.
I'll try and get a post up once I have been.
Cheers for the help!

CA

TAP
8th May 2007, 13:46
Hey Guys,

I got an email from CJ asking for me to pop along for an aptitude (interview?!) test. 1 Major problem.. I read the email and forgot to save it so my AOL fancied deleting it on my behalf. I know It was a lady who wanted a reply and also there was an option of two dates bbut i fancy the 24th. I also heard rumours that we would have to pay for our transport and accom if you go for the selection!!? whats next! Paying for the TR?:yuk:

Obviously, if you do have the email, then can you send it via PM for obvious reasons! I have tried to call the lady who deals with pilot recruitment and by luck she seems to have gone on hols till next week!

nuageblanc
8th May 2007, 14:19
Obviously, if you do have the email, then can you send it via PM for obvious reasons! I have tried to call the lady who deals with pilot recruitment and by luck she seems to have gone on hols till next week!

what can you do about that really ?
just wait till she comes back form hols :)

Good luck !

TAP
8th May 2007, 15:11
It means that I dont have to call her and tell her I have been a numpty and lost the email! :ok:

lfrk
10th May 2007, 08:45
Hi,
I had interview last week for cityjet in paris and now they invited me for a sim chek in dublin.
Does anyone know something about the sim cx.
thanks

nuageblanc
10th May 2007, 09:53
what is your profile please ?

lfrk
10th May 2007, 10:19
2500 TT F/O on BE1900, 300 hours on type
cheers

chlong
10th May 2007, 10:50
sim cx is either in their new rj sim, but most probably 737-200 which is an old beast from 1967 and you would need a few hours in it to get up to speed. just ask someone at cityjet what sim they are using, they should have no problem telling you hopefully.

Token Bird
10th May 2007, 11:22
CityJet don't use the same profile each time. You will find out what you are to be doing about 10 minutes before going into the sim.

Basically it should consist of a SID, followed a bit of general handling (climbing and descending turns). Then he will clear you back to the beacon to enter the hold. Most likely an engine failure in the hold unless you are very low time, then a procedural ILS to land.

My advice is to get some time in the 737-200 beforehand, and concentrate on the asymmetric work! This is where I fell over. There were also other guys who were there with considerably more experience than myself who had trouble controlling the beast on one engine.

TB

nuageblanc
10th May 2007, 12:04
lots of questions about cityjet:

1°) what is the salary that a FO can expect ?
2°) do you have to pay for social insurance ?
3°) do you have a retierement pension scheme ?
4°) how many hours a month/ a year do you fly ?

Thank you to clarify that and best of luck to you in the simulator :ok:

lfrk
10th May 2007, 16:56
2200euros a month 75hours per month
I don't remenber for the rest but TR is pay by cityjet whit a 2 years bond, bye

Bambe
29th May 2007, 11:48
I sent an e-mail today to Nicole from Sigmar to get some news about my application (for the First officer programm). And I received a mail even not 5 minutes later inviting me to take assessment and interview in Dublin on June 19th...with a Cityjet HR member..!

Is someone has already taken this assessment (for the integrated course)? And do you know someone who enrolled in this sheme and get a job with CityJet after graduation?

Thanks guys.

chlong
29th May 2007, 13:36
and why wouldnt you get an email 5 mins later seeing as they want 95000 euros + off of you , and you seem to want to give it to them. be aware there is no guarantee of a job at the end.:ugh:

Bambe
30th May 2007, 04:45
I know there is no guarantee but it seems to be the same for most of the "sponsorships"...
Do you really think Sigmar is not a good flight training? Should I cancel the appointment?

chlong
30th May 2007, 11:31
it is not sponsorship, it is you paying. sponsorship is when an airline pay for all of your training, from 0 hours to fatpl and then type rating. you may or may not get a job at the end of it and another problem is, can you get a work permit for europe. do more research on other schools. if you sent me an email saying you were going to give me 95000 euros , i would say come ahead i would love your money. remember sigmar is a business and it doesnt specialize in aviation either, but is a multi discipline recruitment agency. there are better schemes out there.

TheWrightBrother&Son
25th Jun 2007, 13:10
Hello ppruners,

Does Cityjet send an email if you haven't passed the aptitude test for flight deck position? How long before they give a response back?

supramkiv
27th Jul 2007, 12:07
Hi, has anyone recently attended any stage 2 interviews? I have been invited for an interview soon with CityJet after passing the aptitude tests and would appreciate any feedback from people who have recently attended interviews, what sort of questions they were asked, what would be the best things to revise etc.

Much appreciated :)

supramkiv
28th Jul 2007, 11:10
Hi, anyone? I would really appreciate any feedback on what to expect during the interview to help me prepare. Many thanks! :ok:

surewings
31st Jul 2007, 19:14
Hey supramkiv, i have just been invited to the first stage of the cityjet selction process where they do the personality questionaire and the supposed non aviation related technical abilities test according to their email. could you give me an idea what it's all about. tx

supramkiv
1st Aug 2007, 16:24
Hi, it pretty much involved what's been said before in this thread. There are 4 multiple choice aptitude tests, firstly maths, followed by abstract reasoning, mechanical reasoning and spatial awareness. It is pretty tough to finish all the tests in the time given, it is more important to work accurately and leave a few unanswered then rush.

The personality questionaire asks you a series of questions such as "have you ever taken advantage of someone's good nature", honesty is the key as these tests have been designed to catch out liars.

To prepare I bought the Times pscyhometric CD-ROM and got a few books out of the library that featured such tests and practised. Definately worth getting a maths book out and brushing up your algebra too.

Best of luck! :ok:

jeroen994
1st Aug 2007, 17:06
Can anyone tell me what time there is between your application and the actual invititation for the aptitude tests?

Tumbler
4th Aug 2007, 09:36
Hi all,

Time between application and invitation for the aptitude tests was 1 month for me. Waiting for interview... then luckily sim

Cheers

Kanu
7th Aug 2007, 15:47
tumbler

What sort of questions can I expect in the test? I've heard conflicting reports:confused:

cheers

Tumbler
13th Aug 2007, 14:42
Hi,

supramkiv stated all I encountered... haven't hear of anything different in aptitude testing ?

cheers

TigerWings
18th Aug 2007, 17:18
Please is there someone who knows exactly the time for each part of the assessment? and How many questions for each part?

I saw in a previous post that it was 40 questions for 20' but in another one I saw 30 questions for 45'. Which one I have to believe?

Any help would be a great one.

Thank you very much for all of you.:cool:

surewings
22nd Aug 2007, 09:57
be honest tigerwings they could both be true. i can't remember exactly but each part is different. i think the maths one is 40 ? in 20 mins and for the others you have a bit more time. try this web site http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm
there are 6 tests but the non verbal reasoning one is the most helpful for cityjet.

super ted123
23rd Aug 2007, 17:35
Hi Guys,

I found out today that I failed the application process :-(

It’s called not being able to fly the sim to save yourself despite having had a TP job for almost a year and flying in some interesting conditions.

If I can give a bit of advice to any other guys or girls that are taking a first 'jet' sim trip, if you really want the job, pay for an hour before hand and at least get a feel for it. I didn’t and think if I had, the wild crocodile wrestling that was going on would have been done away with leaving a semblance of normality to the flight.

I am very fortunate in that I have a job I love and don’t need the cityjet job, but from a pride point of view I would have liked to pass, no I would have liked to do very well. I didn’t, it was without doubt the worst demonstration of flying I’m sure poor Ted has ever had to witness. Still, everything happens for a reason…right?

All the best to the other guys that had the sim this week and if I can offer any other information to those going through it all, please dont hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Not so super, super ted.

No_Speed_Restriction
23rd Aug 2007, 18:46
Quick question, do they require newly hired captains to fund their own type ratings?

super ted123
24th Aug 2007, 10:22
Hi Matt,

SID, general handling, STAR with a hold and an engine failure as you enter it depending on experience (I got one) and then outbound to the ILS on one engine.

All very fair.

What do you fly at the moment?

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2007, 10:46
super ted 123, welcome to the real world ! parallel business between selection process in airline companies (ryanair, aer arann, cityjet, etc,...)and some simulator owners like simtec, parc aviation, alteon, etc :yuk:
They are all friends and they make a lot of money thanks to this mafia :oh:
If you spend money in that you will be just prepared for the sim ride (maybe :)), but you will still remain the same pilot as before. The difference is that you make your sim examiner believe you are THE one they are looking for ....

Good luck

No_Speed_Restriction
24th Aug 2007, 11:56
What sim/aircraft type do they use?

surewings
24th Aug 2007, 22:37
just found out i have an interview coming up.
could one of you guys with sim checks let me know if i'm to expect an informal chat type affair of something more testing with technical questions. this thread seems to say they have done both in the past.
tx

No_Speed_Restriction
26th Aug 2007, 19:26
are they considering you for left hand seat?

surewings
28th Aug 2007, 15:39
not sure who you are asking about there no speed restriction, if you mean me, then no they are considering me for the righthand seat.

No_Speed_Restriction
28th Aug 2007, 16:13
what kind of technical questions etc did they ask?

Flying_Mech
28th Aug 2007, 16:21
What level of experiance are they looking for? Just got a Thanks, but no thanks replay from them. I have 600TT and some light TP hours.

FM. :bored:

Wannabe Airways
28th Aug 2007, 17:55
Just got this..

"Hello and thank you for applying to CityJet.

We do not have a vacancy suitable to your area and experience at the
moment. However, we will keep your details on file for a period of time
should circumstances change.

Thank you for your interest.

regards

The CityJet Recruitment Team"

That was the day after I applied. I'm non type rated. Just qualified. Low Hours. :ugh:

No_Speed_Restriction
28th Aug 2007, 20:23
all depends what position you are aiming for.

Wannabe Airways
28th Aug 2007, 20:49
"I'm non type rated. Just qualified. Low Hours".

Take an educated guess! :hmm:

No_Speed_Restriction
28th Aug 2007, 20:56
fair enough. worst case scenario you could get an instructors rating and get your hours up.

Wannabe Airways
28th Aug 2007, 21:03
Not just yet...

No_Speed_Restriction
28th Aug 2007, 21:13
many of us, including myself, have done that and it got us where we want to be

Wannabe Airways
28th Aug 2007, 22:02
I don't doubt it and I respect anyone who has undertaken an FI rating and taught others. I'd regard this as invaluable experience. However, it's only been a few weeks since I qualified and I have a lot to do on my recruitment drive before I consider this as an option. Rome wasn't built in a day and i'll be giving the job scene a few months prior to taking your suggested option..

kleini604
5th Sep 2007, 12:29
Hello,

my name is Philipp and I'm an airline pilot on a Dash8 in Austria. Yesterday I have got an invitation for an aptitude test by City Jet in Dublin. Does anybody of know what I have to expect during this test?

Thanks for your information! :ok:

Best regards,
Philipp.

oompa loompa
6th Sep 2007, 14:30
Read the thread; most of the more recent comments about the initial assessment are about right; 4 x aptitude tests + 1 x psychometric. Very relaxed and friendly; lasts a couple of hours.