PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation allowance at college

sla
24th Apr 2004, 12:34
Do you have to produce B & B receipts to get the accomodation allowance during college, or will it be given towards a mortgage?

I asked the ATCO doing the talk at the selection tests, and he thought that maybe you needed receipts, although he was far from sure. I certainly hope if I'm fortunate enough to get in that I'd be entitled while living in my home, as it'd be hard to manage without. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun anyway!!!:=

alfie1999
25th Apr 2004, 08:26
sla,
I understand it's an automatic payment regardless of circumstance (great if your parents live in Bournemouth). Apparently there is also a monthly travel claim but I may be making that up. By the time you start the training scale would see you on 14.5k plus 5k allowance although this has changed a couple of times while i've been waiting to start.

Apologies if this is a little vague but i'm sure one of the studes currently at the college will be along in a minute.

Phantom99
25th Apr 2004, 12:18
Hi sla,

At the moment, we get £100 per week accomodation allowance, and also expenses for a monthly trip home - calculated from CATC - at 16.4 pence per mile. You claim for these through the Student Liason Officer (Graham) but you do not need any receipts at all.

We can also claim directed business mileage at the same rate if we travel due to operational requirements, e.g. Flying training, OJT, holding - but this only applies for the return journey to and from CATC. For example I am holding at LACC and travelling from Bournemouth therefore I can only claim for one return journey (effectively at each end of the hold).

Hope that helps