PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air recruiting in YYZ

REM
21st Apr 2004, 16:57
I have heard that Gulf Air had a recruiting team in YYZ last week.
Was it only for Air Canada guys and gals?
What were they after?

JoeCo
22nd Apr 2004, 08:28
No idea, but probably 767 pilots??

29chev
22nd Apr 2004, 22:03
and 320 drivers

EuroATC
23rd Apr 2004, 06:55
Anyone considering accepting a job in the middle east with Gulf Air.. send me a private message. Sometimes things are built up to be something alot different than what they actually are. I can give you my views and I can also get you in contact with a good friend of mine who is a on the 320 at GFA.

Left Coaster
28th Apr 2004, 12:24
Actually, not too bad a place once all the running around you have to do is finished. I had a problem at first (upon joining) about all the stuff you were NOT told. Visa's etc, info on housing, basic HR stuff that I sort of needed to know had to be pried out of some hands as if the info was owned by the person who should have been giving it. Additionally, it was Ramadan at the time so not much got done on time or much after it was promised. So patience was the rule of the day. But the training was good, the instructors top notch and the equipment in the shape that any major airline should have.
Now that the dust has settled, and the lifestyle has kicked in, we don't have any problems beyond the idiot drivers in the UAE, the rumour mill that any airline has living in it, and the odd long night.
The fact is, the only diff we find, and others agree, between the shiny guys along the coast and where we work, is a few AED only at the end of the month. The sounds I hear from those at the bizzness end of the new shiny jets are the same as the ones I hear at GF. Same story around the world. Not a bad place as I see it. If it works for you then by all means give it a try.