PDA

View Full Version : The POLL revitaliser....where is he/she?

Monocock
21st Apr 2004, 11:42
Can someone please tell me if there is a way of tracking down the person who is clearly trawling through every thread from the past and re-vitalising every poll that has ever existed.

Getting up my nose?

Yes:bored:

AerBabe
21st Apr 2004, 12:15
Aha... but the BIG question is: Is it the same person who is rating all the threads?

dublinpilot
21st Apr 2004, 12:16
:D :D :D
Doesn't take much to get up your nose does it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dp

Monocock
21st Apr 2004, 12:31
Doesn't take much to get up your nose does it!

No, all you need to do is look at my photo and see how wide my nostrils are. Perhaps I should go for a reduction.....:ooh:

QNH 1013
21st Apr 2004, 16:54
I don't bother clicking on any thread that has "poll" at the side of it. They keep popping up alongside the nearer threads in spite of rarely having anything new posted.

I would be happy to see the poll feature switched-off. If something is worth discussing, lets discuss it. Ticking a box doesn't add anything worthwhile.

BRL
21st Apr 2004, 16:56
I have a really good idea who it is. That is all I am saying on it.

As for the ratings, one person cannot do them all without posting something. I don't know for sure but if someone posts on a thread and rates it then quickly deletes the post, maybe the rating stays there. I don't know for sure as I say but that is a possibility.

Fly Stimulator
21st Apr 2004, 18:12
BRL,

You don't need to have posted on a thread in order to record a rating.

This thread was unrated until a moment ago when I recorded one (before posting this obviously) as an experiment.

Sure enough, the rating was recorded.

rustle
21st Apr 2004, 18:15
Fly Stimulator and you only gave it a THREE!!

Funniest thing I have seen on here in ages, and you only gave it a THREE ;)

skydriller
21st Apr 2004, 18:44
OK, so how does it work then....

Can you only rate threads that haven't been rated before, or are ratings added together and averaged or .......:confused:

I tried to rate this thread and was told I have already rated it, which I have not.....but could rate another thread no problem?

To be honest I never really noticed the option to rate a thread and only just now tried playing with it :}, I thought the stars were to do with the replys/views etc.:=

Regards, SD..

AerBabe
21st Apr 2004, 18:55
The ratings are averaged out. So if I give it a one and Fly Stimulator has given it a three... it'll appear as a two.

Fly Stimulator
21st Apr 2004, 18:56
rustle,

Fly Stimulator and you only gave it a THREE!!

I was acting as an entirely unbiased researcher and three was clearly the most non-committal (aka the 'Lib Dem') option ;)

NinjaBill
22nd Apr 2004, 10:32
Perhaps we could have a poll,

who keeps revitalising poll threads

1) Me
2) Not me
3) Im not telling

QNH 1013
22nd Apr 2004, 11:25
Oh no NinjaBill, save us from polls.

BRL can't you switch the poll feature off? See my earlier post for comments on value of ticking boxes vs value of discussions.

Never mind, at least the weather is getting much better !

Marigold
22nd Apr 2004, 11:33
It might have been me :O

I registered again recently cos I forget my old passwords and this new logging in every few days caught me out :uhoh:

Anyway even after I found some of the old polls and voted :) OTHER PEOPLE have voted after me so there must be some demand for older interesting threads.

FNG
7th May 2004, 13:46
Whoever he she or it is, they're back with a vengeance this afternoon.

IFollowRoads
8th May 2004, 10:58
careful AB!
So if I give it a one
If you do that, I'm sure you will find plenty of others willing to reciprocate :E

Monocock
8th May 2004, 14:14
IFR....

??????

You lost me there old bean....:confused:

rustle
10th May 2004, 13:29
Monocock - I think IFR probably didn't spot the "a" in AB's sentence...;)