PDA

View Full Version : Second interview NATS

twiggy1850
20th Apr 2004, 18:34
Hello,

I am going for a second NATS interview in June and I know you are supposed to visit an airport before then. I was wondering if I had to visit a NATS controlled airport or if you could visit any airport? Does it matter if its a quite small airport?

Any advice would be great,

Cheers,

Twiggy

mps12
20th Apr 2004, 19:50
I went to a NATS airport control tower but Im sure it doesnt matter as long as you get some experience. It is worthwhile going to a NATS one though as they can offer advice about the interview and they are also willing to let you visit, since it is suggested in your letter.

GOOD LUCK:ok:

tired-flyboy
21st Apr 2004, 18:48
Hi
Well done on the first part! :ok:

If you can, try to get to a tower and an area center
(swanick/manchester for area (i think your a bit far south for Prestwick!!)

The more you get to see the better your knowledge about the operational side will be (plus it shows interest on your part!)

Give the towers/centers a call I'm sure somebody will arrange something with you!

AlphaSierra
22nd Apr 2004, 10:53
Hi,

I went for tests yesterday. The chap who did the talk with us (Who also interviews for NATS - probably the same one you had!) said that choosing a non-NATS establishment to visit would not be frowned upon since all ATC's operate in very much the same way.

Personally I' think I'm going to swing both ways!

Andy

tired-flyboy
26th Apr 2004, 08:01
Thanks for the personnal insight into your life Andysawicki!:O

AS long as your comfortable with that fact!

OJ

JimboUK2004
26th Apr 2004, 08:59
He's obviously from London - anything goes there!

Good on ya man! Get it out, start small by telling yer fellow aviation mates on PPRUNE, then move onto your friends, then get your mam and dad sat down at the table and just 'let it out'. You've got nothing to be ashamed of, its widely accepted in today's communities - you will be fine.

:D Just kidding man - all ther best to you :}

AlphaSierra
26th Apr 2004, 12:33
Funny you should 'touch' on this subject. I've just 'come out' of a navy medical. Why is it that the doctor doing the tactical groping is always a bl**dy man?

Oh well.. Widely accepted, just like you said :)