PDA

View Full Version : Shock Horror - Pprune badge shortage!(NOT ANY MORE!!!)

Ripline
20th Apr 2004, 17:17
Having owned one of these classy objects a couple of years ago I've now managed to lose it. It wasn't until I went to the London Air Show and realised that it was going to be hard for other Ppruners to identify newcomers (me) and that I needed a replacement.
AerBabe kindly volunteered to obtain one from the Pprune Badgemeister but was subsequently told that stocks were exhausted and that another order would be considered if there was a demand.

demand = 1

Anybody else want to add to this and gain both personal status and also make a worthwhile contribution to a noble cause? I can't recollect off-hand what the last noble cause was, but I expect that Danny could think of one! :p

If more than a few reply to this, could BRL please consider making it a sticky for a bit, or even moving this to a more widely read Pprune Forum?

Ta ever so.....

Ripline

--------------------
I don't think that the sky *is* the limit, you know. It's more likely to be the ground.

BRL
20th Apr 2004, 17:35
Funny timing this, over the last few weeks I have had a few requests for badges, caps, t-shirts etc.

I will bring this to the attention of Don who sorts these things out. :)

AerBabe
20th Apr 2004, 18:14
Don has been somewhat tied up in Chas's funeral arrangements, so probably best to give him a few days while we wait for interest to gather.

DX Wombat
20th Apr 2004, 20:19
I'm the one who bought his last three badges to send to Oz. I needed four but there were only three left so I would happily have another one to send out there.

Fly Stimulator
20th Apr 2004, 20:40
I've got one! :ok:

Is it worth putting it on eBay I wonder? :E

Algirdas
20th Apr 2004, 20:43
I'd like one! DEMaNd = 2 !!!:E

NinjaBill
20th Apr 2004, 21:50
3.00000000000000000 (extra letters added to overcome 15 character limit)

AerBabe
20th Apr 2004, 22:05
You're forgetting Ms Wombat; Demand = 4.
Reckon I could shift a few at the LowNSlow fly-in too. :E

J.A.F.O.
20th Apr 2004, 22:20
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

FJJP
20th Apr 2004, 22:57
Sounds like an attractive addition to the old badge collection! Me Me Me Me Me! I'll have one... [Makes 6]

Whirlygig
20th Apr 2004, 23:31
Yup, demand now 6

Cheers

Whirlygig

VP8
21st Apr 2004, 07:01
Ditto 2 please 1 as tac spare!!

VEEPS

InFinRetirement
21st Apr 2004, 07:12
Tis true. AerBabe did contact me and I told her that the stock of badges was now nil. However, I can now concentrate on such matters again.

I have a stock of Caps, V-Neck Sweat Shirts and round neck Sweat Shirts all with embroidered PPRuNe logo in two colours grey and green - I also plan to order some polo neck shirts with embroidered logo. I have T-Shirts too in the style of the logo at the top of this page. I will very shortly take some digital images of these and I will post them on THIS thread and I will let you know prices too.

As for badges I will investigate a stock of these and will see what I can do. I think the design of them was great but unfortunately the pin holder had a habit of parting from the badge and the badge was lost as a result. I will see if there is another type available with a good deal better clasp. Obviously I will want to know that there is a real demand for these because I will have to order in quantity.

ALL the proceeds will be shared between the PPRuNe Fund and to the running of PPRuNe itself.

BRL can Sticky this and we can treat it as first stop till I find another forum I can place this on also.

Watch this space!

IFR

S-Works
21st Apr 2004, 07:33
Oh go on then I will have a couple!

FJJP
21st Apr 2004, 07:50
Yeah, make my order 2 as well - might as well have a spare...

Evo
21st Apr 2004, 08:01
Maybe I should put my spare on eBay... :E

sunday driver
21st Apr 2004, 08:03
me 2, too

sd.

digidave
21st Apr 2004, 09:39
Yes please, 2 for me.
dd

J.A.F.O.
21st Apr 2004, 13:37
I thought that the dodgy clasp on the original badge was a marketing ploy meaning that everyone would have lost their badge within two years thereby generating repeat business.

So, I'll have one and a spare, just in case.

DeepC
21st Apr 2004, 14:54
Two for me please.

DeepC

TonyR
21st Apr 2004, 16:07
2 Please and a cap and T shirt

ratsarrse
21st Apr 2004, 18:38
What do the badges look like? Anyone got a picture?

Put me down as a maybe...

Rugz
22nd Apr 2004, 11:35
Put me down for one too!!

InFinRetirement
22nd Apr 2004, 12:11
Please look at the thread above regarding the Cap, S/Shirts and T-Shirts.

Comments here until I get delivery and costs sorted.

I have a stock but it is by no means huge. Altogether I have 38 various shirts and about 18 or so Caps.

Keep watching! ;)

IFR

noisy
22nd Apr 2004, 14:54
I'll take two badges and a cap please. I think I can be PM'ed now.

edit: indeed I can

timmcat
22nd Apr 2004, 16:24
Maybe I should put my spare on eBay...

Someone's tried it already. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4162064854&category=4783)!

, but may have one or two small stains on it.
A story there then...;)

99p? A bargain

AerBabe
22nd Apr 2004, 19:42
Hmm... seller... 'Whirlyone'.
Come on then Whirlybird, tell us about the stains. :uhoh:

Windle Poons
22nd Apr 2004, 22:21
You can count me in for two as well.

WP

FireFoxDown
23rd Apr 2004, 08:08
My birthday recently so i think ill treat myself to a pin and a cap! These should give me some of that well-deserved street cred that i have been lacking at the local airfield! :E

YYZ
23rd Apr 2004, 15:49
Im up for a couple when ready?:ok:

fernytickles
24th Apr 2004, 02:57
2 4 me too please :)

Pink_aviator
24th Apr 2004, 04:41
Sice every one wants 2 and I am Little Miss Greedy ,

I WANT 4. tee hee .

I DO .

THE PINKSTER

WestWind1950
24th Apr 2004, 06:18
count me in for at LEAST one... :cool:

Westy

BRL
24th Apr 2004, 07:30
Now I need a favour from one of you. If anyone has a badge already, could you please point your digi-cam at it and post the picture on here so people can see what they look like. Some people do not have a clue as they have not seen them so it would be appreciated if you could post a picture of a badge. If not possible to upload then send me the picture and I will put it up for you. Many thanks. :)

BEagle
24th Apr 2004, 11:34
BRL - If you send me your actual e-mail address, I can send you a piccie of a PPRuNe badge. Clicking on your e-mail field merely opens up some web-based thing which won't accept attachments.

Might order another one as spare if you order another batch.

Out Of Trim
26th Apr 2004, 18:27
1 badge for me too - Please!

BRL
26th Apr 2004, 19:27
Here is one. Thanks to BEagle for the pic.
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/Badge.jpg

BEagle
26th Apr 2004, 21:46
And no - I didn't pin it to the bum of a passing tyranosaurus! Just looks that way as it's on the collar of my G-2 flying jacket (from Pop's Leather of the Incirlik AB village strip - with a bit of haggling!).

27th Apr 2004, 01:40
Please add me to the list for at least one. Any chance of a car sticker , same as the badge being made , or they already available.

YYZ
27th Apr 2004, 15:45
I think the car sticker is a good idea, also out of interest how much are the badges??

ratsarrse
27th Apr 2004, 19:22
Ooh, now I've seen the picture of the badge, I want one!

BRL
27th Apr 2004, 19:26
I think car stickers would be a good idea but I don't think anyone has looked into the cost to be honest. I did produce one last year but that was made on reversable clear window 'paper' that you can buy for your printer but after a few months the ink started to run a bit. I will ask Danny about looking into pricing them up.

AerBabe
27th Apr 2004, 22:34
I found the shop which we used for the last set of t-shirts/caps/jumpers. I'll ask them for a quote on car stickers tomorrow & pass it on to Danny. :ok:

BRL
27th Apr 2004, 22:35
Cheers AB.. :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
27th Apr 2004, 23:03
Yup I will have one too.

Looks quite classy (well on BEagle's jacket at least!)

:D

FD

GCA104
27th Apr 2004, 23:24
one for me too !

Capt BK
28th Apr 2004, 07:36
You can put me down for a snazzy badge too! And a car sticker if they get produced:D

CBK

AerBabe
28th Apr 2004, 08:33
I have a reply on car stickers: their usual supplier is geared towards the motor trade, so minimum order would be 500. They're getting back to me about smaller quantities. :ok:

FJJP
28th Apr 2004, 22:46
BRL

I would be worth your while talking to Terry Rumble at Terrane [he's a flier in the mob] running his big company on the side. He does a huge range of badges and stickers [inc artwork] and will probably give you a favourable quote, especially since it is for PPrune. Also, see your PM for introduction info.

Terrane Promotions
Terrane House
Whisby Way Industrial Estate
Lincoln
England
LN6 3LQ

Telephone: 01522 697000

Fax: 01522 697154
01522 688371

http://www.terranepromotions.co.uk/main.htm

E-mail: [email protected]

BRL
28th Apr 2004, 23:55
Thanks for the info FJJP. I will make sure Danny/Rob/Don/AB see this.
Cheers. :) :ok:

InFinRetirement
29th Apr 2004, 07:00
This poor 'ol soul has a lot to do and I am on to the badge supplies as we speak, and now we have a new possible supplier who might be able to give us a special price - but I will need to see what is on offer. It all takes a while but I AM dealing with it.

But............I have to say I am not going to deal with car stickers, sorry.

I am commited to badges, Caps T/Shirts, Sweaters, prints etc., and it takes a while to pack and send things out, get the money in, bank it and so on, so I am not prepared to take something like stickers on too. Like everything else they have to be paid for and then sent out. Sorry again.

The 'store' will be open for business shortly for caps and all above.

30th Apr 2004, 00:24
Sorry if my surgestion of car stickers has caused any body any bother. I may dare to add that if stickers are required, and there seems to be a good market for them, that they ONLY be supplied when purchasing other items from the PPrune shop/supplier. Yes I know that it smacks of restrictions , but it may just get us the stickers and ease the burdon on the sender.:O

BEagle
30th Apr 2004, 07:23
For those of you wondering about the size of the badges, the one shown in the piccy has a wingspan of 3 cm.

phnuff
4th May 2004, 11:57
To what ever the current demand equals, add 2

spook
7th May 2004, 14:10
Two for me too...please!

BRL
8th May 2004, 14:25
Check back to page 3 for pictures of some of the kit.

I have just received a t-shirt and cap and both are excellent quality, the cap is superb. I do have pictures of myself wearing them but they are strictly for the admin forum as I am a bit shy of having them on here. :D :D

Phoenix09
8th May 2004, 15:09
I'd like two as well please... :)

cleo
8th May 2004, 19:32
Add another 2 to that please :)

Gertrude the Wombat
8th May 2004, 19:53
You're forgetting Ms Wombat; Demand = 4 Assuming AerBabe remembered me moaning about them on an earlier thread some time back, then that's right, one for me please.

Lost_luggage34
8th May 2004, 19:58
Hmmm - having seen a piccy I think they look rather stylish.

So 1 for me please !

yintsinmerite
14th May 2004, 12:53
Any more news on these ? (check book at the ready)!

The Swinging Monkey
14th May 2004, 15:54
Gentlemen,

I've not seen the badge(s) in question, but just wanted to concur what FJJP said about Terry Rumble.

He will undoubtebly do you a good deal, and I can vouch for the quality of all the stuff from Terrane.

Kind regards

The swinging Monkey
ps I do NOT work for Terry, but I was his Boss once!

Caruthers, time for my Friday afternoon Grouse I think!!

Ronbmy
23rd May 2004, 23:46
One cap and one t-shirt please.

YYZ
27th May 2004, 13:29
Any ideas when the badges will be available yet?

YYZ:8

BRL
27th May 2004, 13:35
Give us about three weeks and InFin will give out the details exactly what and how you can get things. Watch this space..... :)

YYZ
27th May 2004, 15:43
I wait with baited breath:}

Pistol Pete
29th May 2004, 23:24
Chalk me up for one too please.

TheStormyPetrel
1st Jun 2004, 14:09
This is wonderful. I want some too, please.

Blind lemon
4th Jun 2004, 11:58
Can you add another 2 to the list please

:ok:

BRL
4th Jun 2004, 14:48
Here are the t-shirt and a cap..................
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/tshirt2.jpg

TheStormyPetrel
5th Jun 2004, 07:50
Very nice BRL (the shirt and cap look good, too) :)

I can't wait!!

And the badge????

BRL
5th Jun 2004, 08:07
YWIMC........... :)
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/Badge.jpg

noisy
7th Jun 2004, 10:40
OooooooOOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhhhh!!

Gimme Gimme Gimmme

How do I order?

TheStormyPetrel
7th Jun 2004, 15:38
The badge is great. Do tell us it's not just a tease - that we can order one.

Oh have faith - does that face (BRL's) look like one that would tease? Oh dear, see that twinkle!!!

Andy_R
7th Jun 2004, 23:19
Come on BRL, how do we get our hands on the goodies???

down&out
8th Jun 2004, 00:18
Me too! Put me down for a badge and car sticker, if they're made

D&O.

Av18tor
14th Jun 2004, 20:59
Two for me too please and did someone mention car stickers aswell?? I'll have a couple of them too, well better make that four! (ok so I'm greedy!):E

taglo
19th Jun 2004, 00:27
...and I'm another person to join the growing multitude to shout...

"Two badges and two car stickers please."

BRL
19th Jun 2004, 08:20
No car stickers guys, sorry, can't order say 1000 and only sell 50, waste of money. Only t-shirts, caps and badges available, wait for an announcement here soon. :)

AIRWAY
20th Jun 2004, 22:02
One each for me, but it looks like we have to wait...

:O

Ronbmy
22nd Jun 2004, 08:45
Cap & t-shirt arrived yesterday to keep previously obtained badge company. Excellent!

What next?

Car sticker? Nah!!!

PPruNe Go-Faster stripe for the motor! Yes!!

In keeping with the current trend - around here anyway - of 'flying the flag' on the motor might even ask the better half to stitch up a PPruNe flag.

BRL
29th Jun 2004, 12:32
Unstuck for a while, not sure what is happening with the progress of the stuff but it shouldn't be too long now. :)

Mr Chips
29th Jun 2004, 14:34
Mr Chips may have to order one of those very lovely looking badges...... to go with his ORIGINAL one :ok:

Who mentioned EBAY!!!!!!

TheStormyPetrel
3rd Jul 2004, 13:01
Hi BRL. I'm not really being impatient, just wondering how things are going (also hate this thread slipping so far).

Any news yet? :)

I love the idea of car stickers too

BRL
3rd Jul 2004, 19:10
Hey Sp, don't flap, as soon as I get some info about these then I will post it or IFR will post something. Remember that saying, 'all good things come to those who wait....' :)

As for car stickers, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, noooooooooooooooooooo...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YYZ
16th Aug 2004, 15:45
After SPs beating I don't know if I dare ask:(

Any news on the badges yet:ouch:

TheStormyPetrel
18th Aug 2004, 22:37
Well done YYZ. I was dying to ask, but naturally, after last time when BRL made things clear - I didn't dare. :ok:

Stormy

murphy1901
18th Aug 2004, 22:44
Wonder if there's any news on the car stickers... :E

BRL
18th Aug 2004, 22:50
Right, you guys are in my little red book now. :E

Have patience my friends, the wise man once said "if you walk accross sand, you will still be hungry........."

TheStormyPetrel
18th Aug 2004, 23:39
That was quick BRL!!

Thank you though, I feel that I got off quite lightly this time - although perhaps I need to know more about the little red book......?? ;)

Do I/we get any brownie points for being so patient for so long?

oscarmike
19th Aug 2004, 10:28
Right, you guys are in my little red book now.

BRL - if the little Red Book contains a list of bods waiting for badges could you add me to it please?

Many thanks

OM

:p

InFinRetirement
19th Aug 2004, 11:03
I will get them sorted but it takes time. I due at the manu's next week to discuss it. You will have to be a little more patient I'm afraid.

IFR

TheStormyPetrel
19th Aug 2004, 16:01
Thank you for what you are doing - and the feedback. Really we are being patient and do appreciate your efforts. :)

Echo Zulu Yankee
3rd Sep 2004, 10:43
Ooooh!

Badge for me please!

I just love things that make those metal detectors go *bleep*!

EzY

BeauMan
3rd Sep 2004, 12:33
May I also put myself down for a badge too please? Ta...

(although quite what the folks on FlyPast will think when they see I'm also a Prooner... divided loyalties an' all that... ;) )

High Wing Drifter
3rd Sep 2004, 12:46
Me too!

Demand = 96 :D

SkySista
3rd Sep 2004, 17:03
Oooh, badges sound good.... i dare ask how much? ;)

Also wondering how much postage would be..... pity you guys can't set up an eBay shop, to keep track of orders & stuff...

Badges look awesome.... how about bag tags? (or are they in same category as bumper stickers...? :E

Sky

Fordhom
10th Sep 2004, 19:26
At the risk of sounding like an echo...

Can I be added to the list for proone badges please.

Many thanks!

BRL
10th Sep 2004, 20:23
I think there are some things available right now. All you have to do is get in touch with IFR and e-mail or PM him to see what he has.

For those of you in OZ, it might be easier sending the goods to one person who can then forward them on to the rest of you down there. I don't know if that would be viable, would have to see what Don thinks about that.

Ripline
11th Sep 2004, 20:43
Well, on balance I'm glad I started this thread!

BRL do you think that IFR has an accurate "order book" or should we PM him with our requirements? Perhaps a quick statement from him regarding prices and postage would help us follow through?

Nice symetry to all this as I think this is the 100th post on this thread!

Thanks for listening,

Soft Landings!

Ripline

Algirdas
30th Sep 2004, 16:16
IFR, any progress on the badges???????
A

InFinRetirement
25th Oct 2004, 15:22
I am sorry this has been so long but I have actually ordered the badges and I should have them in my hands in three weeks. They are a bit larger than the previous type and measure 30mm x 10mm. There are two types of fittings, one is the usual pin, which is thicker and thus more secure, and butterfly and the other is a brooch clasp which the ladies will like I expect! ;)

They will be the same price as before: £10 which goes to the PPRuNe Fund.

Here is a very temporary pic until I can take a picture of the real thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/captainavi8tor/NEWBADGE.jpg

I have done the flight bag stickers after being pestered a few times. Actually they are quite good and will stick almost anywhere. Maybe we will see that at the Gat Bash - we can only hope!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/captainavi8tor/PPRuNeSticker.jpg

No price just yet. Should be to-morrow or day after.

So if you would like to order one or both here is what you do:

Send me a cheque for the required amount together with a stamped self addressed envelope which MUST include a small amount of bubble wrap - 4 or 5 inch square will do it. The cheque should be made out to the Pprune Fund and sent to 5 Station Approach, Belmont, Surrey SM2 6BW

If you want to send me USD I can accept those but NOT Euros. The exchange on the former is fine, on the latter it is pathetic!

If I can, I will turn round the order the day I receive it.

IFR

BEagle
25th Oct 2004, 15:31
30m x 10m? Those'll be pretty impressive badges with a wingspan of 98' 5"........

Why not the same as the original design? I think that looked rather smarter and was the design that folks said they wanted to order - but I guess it'll make my earlier badge more desirable/collectable?

So it's been superglued to my jacket lapel now!

PPRuNe Pop
25th Oct 2004, 17:02
I'll just answer your pertinent question first BEags. (Then I'll adjust my deliberate mistake!)

Whatever I did someone would say that they like the last one best. It was thought it was a bit small and was lost too easily, so that is reason for a change. The new one is much smarter in my view and you won't need glasses to see what it says! :ok:

BEagle
26th Oct 2004, 12:19
'It was thought'......

Hmmm. But those people who said they wanted one had seen the picture of the previous design. Do they still want one of the new ones?

Not me, thanks. I prefer small and discrete. Original and best!

PPRuNe Pop
26th Oct 2004, 12:39
Well actually BEags.................it is still 30mm wide, just a tad 'taller.' Mind yer don't leave yer wellies in the mud!! ;)

BEagle
26th Oct 2004, 19:33
I was referring to the lettering....

yintsinmerite
1st Nov 2004, 16:02
So where do I send my money to? I want one

PPRuNe Pop
1st Nov 2004, 16:55
Ummmmm! Just read the post with the pics in it. Just a few up from here. :rolleyes:

yintsinmerite
2nd Nov 2004, 08:59
Ummmmm! Just read the post with the pics in it. Just a few up from here

Oh THAT post (whi ch does not appear to have pictures) :\ :O

Okidoki

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Nov 2004, 06:59
Eight posts back. All the details are there.

If you are not seeing pictures you have a problem with your pooter. But I will be placing other stuff on a new thread shortly so watch out for it,

TheStormyPetrel
8th Nov 2004, 21:39
Oh dear. I do want to order one, but "send a cheque" - now presumably that means a UK type cheque, not an Aussie cheque, and that presents a problem. Are there other options?

YYZ
9th Nov 2004, 09:14
Im ready to order the badge but am waiting on a price for the flight bag stickers? Any cost yet....

YYZ:}

PPRuNe Pop
9th Nov 2004, 19:16
YYZ,

For the moment I will not do the stickers - they have turned out to be too expensive. I can always go with it later if there is a true demand.

I have some orders for the badges and I am expecting news anytime as to when I can collect them. I am quite looking forward to seeing them.

Stormy Petrel,

Can you arrange USD? I can take those because the fund doesn't get hammered in the exchange. Even Euros are ridiculous in exchange. The dollar ratio at the moment is $17.80 plus postage which is 65p to Oz.

BRL
15th Nov 2004, 19:19
We need a volunteer from Australia to sort something out, any takers?

InFinRetirement
16th Nov 2004, 05:33
All taken care of now BRL.

Badges will arrive this week. For those who have already sent me their cheques. The minute I get them they will be 'winging' their way.

This thread is on it's way out but I intend putting up another with a list of what is available this week.

AND the stickers are now ordered thanks to one of our PPRuNers arranging them at a price I could not get. Very good of him.

IFR