PDA

View Full Version : LH A340 GROUNDED IN RIO (GIG)

RICHARDTODD
15th Oct 2001, 20:05
REPORTS ARE ALSO COMING IN THAT A LH A340 HAS BEEN GROUNDED IN RIO DE JANIERO DUE TO SUSPICIOUS WHITE POWDER FOUND ON A NEWSPAPER UNDER SEAT 34H. AIRCRAFT SEALED OFF AND THE CLEANING STAFF HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY AND TESTED FOR ANTHRAX.

LETS' HOPE IT IS NOT. :rolleyes:

broadreach
16th Oct 2001, 00:08
LH put out a circular at 1600LT today (15 Oct) to the effect that "preliminary" analysis of the white powder established NO presence of bacteria. An earlier release said that neither was it the sort of white powder one might more commonly find hidden on northbound flights from S.Am.

Guess this new turn of events puts paid to my carrying around the old tin of J&J baby talc for removing grease stains from my tie.

Greg Baddeley
16th Oct 2001, 15:57
You sure that the grease stain on your tie isn't from the J & J baby oil that you've been using on the FA's?????????????????????

TAT Probe
16th Oct 2001, 16:29
Seeing that the fun-loving Taliban are said to be big in the recreational pharmaceutical trade, and that Cocaine use is rising worldwide, how about putting it about that Anthrax spores have been added to nostril candy?

That should make a few snorters think twice!

broadreach
17th Oct 2001, 06:31
nopaxthanx

My checklist stipulates no ties (of any sort) to be worn whilst applying oil (of any sort) to FAs.

Greg Baddeley
17th Oct 2001, 16:25
Nice one broadreach!!! :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)