PDA

View Full Version : ATC site visits for interview prep.

mickrobbo
19th Apr 2004, 12:44
Hi, I have my second stage interview towards the end of May. As with many other posters on here I have had problems trying to get a site visit arranged due to security risks etc...Manchester is my nearest NATS controlled airport and as such I contacted them directly and they said NO! contact HR....so I contacted HR who said I should go direct to Manchester?!?!?!?!? Then eventually got told Manchester are no longer taking on visits...what help is this to me who needs to prepare for my interview....does anyone have any suggestions.......:confused: I agree, if there are security concerns then it is best all round to stop visits....

JimboUK2004
19th Apr 2004, 12:56
Amazing!
Well, don't give up my fellow interviewee! I am heading up to Manchester for my interviews on the 17th May.

I managed to sort something out, I think security problems is a very very poor excuse, I managed to get myself into Swanwick and West Drayton last week on the same day!

Here's what I did...

I 1st emailed NATS recruitment, bless em, and they said there were problems organising visits so the interviewers would not be expecting visists.

I have to admit though, I do like a challenge so this made me want to go even more. Plus, I wanted to know what I was letting myself into after all, its a big commitment to go in blind folded, ive made that mistake before.

Anyway, I searched the internet for ages and rang the 1st number I got ahold of. I actually rang a fax machine to start with at West Drayton but someone answered and I eventually got to the person I needed, same for the other place.

If u are interested in visisting West Drayton TCC &/or Swanwick ACC then send me a message using this PPRUNE service giving me your email address and I'll post contacts to you. I wopn't post people's contacts on this site, Im sure they would not appreciate loads of people ringing up all the time!

Good luck fella.
JIM:cool:

mickrobbo
19th Apr 2004, 15:11
Many thanks Jimbo and all the best for your interview........pm sent.