PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Pilot III Route Checking

Pull Back
19th Apr 2004, 10:07
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can save my sanity...mmm then again maybe its too late... anyway..

I have a Garmin Pilot III GPS, after setting up the route on the ground, is there a way of checking on the GPS map that the route actually goes where you wanted it too. IE checking for finger trouble.

I have used the simulator mode to get it to fly the route and then check it. But thought that there must be a better way.

I have searched for previous threads, and read the manual lots but get the feeling I must be missing something.

Any Help Appreciated,

PB :sad:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
19th Apr 2004, 12:05
If you 'activate' the route, then go to map page, the track line will be drawn on the map. Just scroll along the track line from the start airfield to see if it goes where you wanted it to go.

SSD

Pull Back
19th Apr 2004, 12:18
Mmmm thats how I thought it would work, mine doesn't show the track line though.

I wonder if I have turned it off in one of the menus?

Cheers,

PB

yawningdog
19th Apr 2004, 12:20
Alternatively, you could connect it to Jeppessen Flitestar on your PC & view it on the map.

Pull Back
19th Apr 2004, 12:38
:sad: Unfortunately I havent got the flight planning software on my PC.

Have just had yet another look at the manual, and it looks like there may be a setting in the "Map Setup" menu.

Will have a look when I get home.

Cheers,

PB

gingernut
19th Apr 2004, 14:27
Pull back, sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how to skip a waypoint once the route is active ? thanks.

Pull Back
19th Apr 2004, 15:52
Just sussed out the problem, I had the active route zoom to 120ft.

I think this meant that the route would only be shown if I was zoomed into 120ft (not much use to look at route with :D ).

BTW I think you can skip a waypoint by going onto the active route page highlighting the next waypoint and pressing goto. Not sure if the sequence will then be picked up though.

Cheers,

PB