PDA

View Full Version : Continental O300-D15

owwnav
17th Apr 2004, 19:26
Our Cessna 172K flying group is converting to a Centurion engine, and will have a Continental O300-D15 for sale. It has 1890 hrs TT and is operating on a 10% extension at the moment. We replaced two pots with brand new Millenium pots at 1827 hrs. We are based in Ireland, but the engine will be available in Bournemouth from mid may.

For further information on the engine, price etc please contact me by Private message.

Regards,
Owwnav.

S-Works
18th Apr 2004, 18:20
I was under the impression to import an an aircraft or engine that it had to have more than 20% left before TBO. Are you sure as yorus is in the 10% extension that it will be allowed?

2Donkeys
18th Apr 2004, 18:32
I don't think that there is any prohibition on importing the engine. Its age simply places considerable restrictions on what can be done with it, pending any further work. Is that what you had in mind bose-x?

2D

owwnav
21st Apr 2004, 09:15
Yes, Bose-X and 2Donkeys, you are both correct. There has to be at least 20% before TBO left on the engine to import it and fit straight on to an aircraft. Therefore you could not fit our engine directly onto an aircraft without overhauling it. Our engine would suit someone whose own engine was approaching TBO and who wanted to source another engine to overhaul and have ready to fit when their engine reached TBO.

S-Works
21st Apr 2004, 09:22
Yes thats what I was thinking. Thanks for claryfying.

As a husk for overhual it does have a very distinct worth. I am trying to fine a spare 152 engine husk for this purpose.

While the exchange rate is good it makes it attractive to have a soare engine sat around while I have the money!