PDA

View Full Version : Naples air Center

davey147
17th Apr 2004, 18:06
Hi,

Im due to go out to Naples Air Center this May, and are planning to stay in the student accomodation.

Is there anyone whos stayed in the student accomodation and can tell me a little about it. Whilst looking through the forums everyone seems to have stayed in the Weselly Inn!

Flyin'Dutch'
17th Apr 2004, 18:46
I only have experience with the Welsley Inn which was adequate but missed a bar (IMHO!) but was inexpensive and clean.

Can endorse NAC though without any hesitation. They managed to get 4 checkrides sorted for me in 5 days. Luverly weather too in January.

Hard work but rewarding.

Have fun and give them my regards!

FD

windy1
17th Apr 2004, 20:04
I also fully endorse NAC, where I did my FAA IR in Feb 2002 in 9 calendar days (I had an IMC and some IF time already). The Wellesley is OK: you shouldn't expect too much for those room rates, but at least they let you take you NAC-rented mountain bike through the lobby, in the lift and into your room for safe keeping !

davey147
17th Apr 2004, 20:10
Thanks,

Has ANYONE IN THIS WORLD EVER STAYED IN NAC STUDENT ACCOMODATION?

spitfire747
20th Apr 2004, 15:25
Davey147

I am currently over in Naples now and have been here for the past 7 weeks living in the student accommadation.
The school has 3 different places to stay.. 2 condos and 1 house.

I live in the parrott house which is a single level 4 bedroom house. There are 2 single rooms and 2 shared rooms. There are 2 bathrooms with showers and baths, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridge freezer, laundry room with washing machine and dryer, ironing board, television with cable, DVD player and its own PRIVATE swimming pool, hey there is even some patio furniture and a BBQ too !

the house it large comfortable and air conditioned and very good value at 575US$ per month, plus you get the added bonus of living with some other people rather than spending each night alone in your hotel room.

there is a supermarket 5 minutes away by bike and the school is 10 minutes away by bike. taxis into 5th avenue for the night life cost approx 10US$.

i have seen the other condos and they are large and spacious but they share a swimming pool with lots of others on the same complex, but again no problem as May is now low season and the place is fairly empty.

if you need anymore info, pictures or questions send me a PM

take care and see you in May

Spitty :ok:

Desert Budgie
20th Apr 2004, 16:32
heya davie,

Im currently staying in one of the student condos. Very good place. 2 bedrooms, 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen with oven/grill, stove tops, double sink, large fridge freezer....everything! The living and dining area is large with great big comfy sofas and a tele with about 80 channels!

There are also 7 or 8 tennis courts and a swimming pool big enough to see from space! The condo is in a nice quiet area, safe and with little or no crime which is also very good.

Im long term so ive been living there about 6 months and been completely happy so far. The house can comfortably fit 4 folk staying, but if u want a room to urself (like i have) that is no probs too. Its a great place to stay because you can buy a whole bunch of food for the week/month and cook proper meals which helps you to save a bunch of cash rather than having to eat out all the time. The condo is located only 5 mins bike ride from a shopping area including a supermarket, bank, restaurants, booze shop....etc. It is also only 10-15 mins bike ride from school, so well close enough for popping home between lessons.

All in all the accomodation is first class. Ive also been to the other student houses and they are all to the same standard.

See ya soon!

DB :ok:

Kirstey
20th Apr 2004, 21:28
heh heh Desert - Is the Accomodation "AWSOME"???

Desert Budgie
21st Apr 2004, 17:10
It's pretty good. And, yeah, it could be 'Awsome' ;)
I seem to think you know i say that a lot...........

:ok:

Charlie Zulu
22nd Apr 2004, 08:05
Not stayed at the student accommodation myself, but we did have a couple of drinks over at one of the places (just off 5th Avenue) before going to the night life downtown... I tend to agree with what is said above.

Stayed at the Wellesley Inn myself.

But anyway the purpose of this post is that I'll fully recommend Naples Air Center. They got me through the FAA IR within three weeks and the FAA CPL took 4 days.

I've just got my visa issued for my next trip to do the FAA Multi Addon at the end of June.

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.

divorcingjack
24th Apr 2004, 13:44
Hi there,

I am also hoping to head out to naples in may time, and to stay in the apartments as well .. the bike ride out to the centre should do me good ! Which airport are you planning to fly into from the UK ? Flying direct to naples seems to be atrociously expensive .. is getting to naples from miami a nightmare ?

Do you have an FAA medical already, or are you just getting one done when you get there ?

Hope to see you there,
divorcingjack

Keef
25th Apr 2004, 06:16
I think I was one of the first PPRuNers to go to Naples, and very good it is, too. I hoped I might get an FAA IR - Naples delivered that and an unrestricted FAA PPL. I'm in California at the mo enjoying them!

The Wellesley is good value; the student accommodation I know nowt about.

We hired a car to get from Miami to Naples and from the Wellesley to the airport each day. It would have been very difficult otherwise. I doubt if there are viable direct flight options.

AndyDRHuddleston
25th Apr 2004, 10:08
Hey Spitfire, check your PM's!

Just out of interest, where abouts are the student accom in relation to Naples airport. I am coming out with a few other ppruners in Sept for 12 months, and I have been looking at the River Reach area. Any suggestions/information?

Cheers

Andy

Squak2002
6th May 2004, 13:03
Hi all,

Just checking to see if anyone has any updates on
places to stay in Naples. Any ideas would be great!!!

Many thanks,
John