PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Yoke Stickers...

PanicButton
17th Apr 2004, 14:08
Hi I was wandering if anybody knew where to get the stickers with a part of the checklist on the steering yoke on the 737. Those V shaped once. I'm both looking for blank stickers and once with checklists on them. Also any other stickers in the cockpit. I know it would probably be easy to make them but I thought it be even easier if you could get them somewhere.

:O

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Apr 2004, 10:31
would you like the complimentary anorak that comes with the stickers as well?

EFP058
19th Apr 2004, 13:54
It never ceases to amaze me how much enthusiasts are being put down on these forums. For christīs sake, unlike the majority of the world, these people are on the side of aviation, not against it.

Besides, who knows what PanicButton needs those stickers for. Maybe he owns his very own private 737 and doesnīt want to bother Mr. Boeing with this small request? ;)

Oh, and just for the record: I too think itīs a rather strange hobby to jot down registration numbers of aircraft, but so what? To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.

No_Speed_Restriction
19th Apr 2004, 16:30
Easy does it people.
Since when did a bit of humour kill anyone?If we cant laugh at ourselves now and then then theres no hope for us.:cool: i.e. chill!:E

Boss Raptor
19th Apr 2004, 18:15
The checklist is actually printed on the map/plate holder attachment which goes on the control yoke, this plate holder is a customer option (although most customers take it) as is the actual checklist printed on the yoke which is either from the standard Boeing checklist (a seperate document in itself 'QRH' Quick Reference Handbook) or tailored for the customers requirements.

All the other 'stickers' in the cockpit that I can think of are etched/embossed onto the instrument and overhead panels etc. they are not stickers at least not that I have seen...again hese bits only come from Mr. Boeing and u dont want to even think of the cost

In short the only way to get one of these is from an aircraft being parted out/scrapped, the control yoke is a prized item amongst friends who are enthusiasts and I always have a waiting list from the few scrappings I am involved with

Early Boeing's, 707's and 727's I have found them on, often had a lovely Boeing badge in the centre of the yoke (identical to that seen on a B17) however few remain as they have to be removed to fit the plate holder and also are removed quickly as souvenirs. Another good find is an original Boeing wheel hub cover with the name on...again not many around :ok:

PanicButton
20th Apr 2004, 15:42
I should have been more clear on what I was after. I'm currently flying 737's and was asked to make the checklist for the yoke. I was just wandering if anyone knew of a template of the sort for word or for any other program for that matter or even if you could buy the stickers already cut out. I will probably do it myself but thought I might ask about it first. No point in reinventing the wheel is there. The other stickers I'm thinking about are the evacuation stickers etc. some carriers have. Thanks to you guys who made a contribute.

Boss Raptor
20th Apr 2004, 15:52
Think you'll find it detailed in the Boeing 737 Quick Reference Handbook Boeing Doc. ref PM-25C 737-200 to -800 (tailored doc) only available to operators

and/or Boeing Operations Manual Customised D6-27370 737-200 to 737-500 as above

again the evacuation stickers are provided by Boeing on a new build and are to specific customer spec. (if you look closely some even have a Boeing Doc. D6 or other reference number on them) - you can choose your wording and or language from a big selection or just order your own wording...again any Mx. Facility will know a local source to make all these up for you

Suggest that if you are an operator you should be talking to yr local Boeing Rep. and subscribing to Boeing Operational and Technical Docs./Support and have the above docs to hand :confused:

squashed fly
22nd Apr 2004, 09:10
Don't forget the INOP stickers ;)

overstress
25th Apr 2004, 00:20
How do you read the stickers when the yoke is at 120 degrees of twist (or whatever you Boeing types call it)

Signed,

An A320 pilot

:E

JJflyer
25th Apr 2004, 04:59
If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going.

JJ