PDA

View Full Version : The best website to buy aircraft?

ColumbiaBurns
14th Apr 2004, 19:35
Guys,

I'm looking to buy an N-reg aircraft in the future (never mind what type or how much, will think about that later). Which, in your opinion(s) is the best website to check out used N-reg aircraft? Don't matter where it is, UK, US or Europe, just trying to get an idea. Have looked at www.usaviation.com, which is pretty good, but need to view a bigger selection. Any good suggestions?

Thanks,
CB

IO540
14th Apr 2004, 21:42
One needs to trawl though various places, e.g. all the flying mags, GA News (a free magazine found at airports etc) and such. Not many for-sale planes are on the internet.

Monocock
14th Apr 2004, 21:47
For US reg a/c there are two sites worth looking through....

www.aso.com

www.controller.com

Good luck and happy browsing!!!

There really are thousands of US reg a/c for sale on these two sites.:ok:

stiknruda
14th Apr 2004, 22:26
As soon as my co-owner of our fine vintage taildragger advertised our aeroplane for sale he was inundated, sale concluded within a fortnight. I'll miss her, as will Arclite and possibly Aerbabe/tKf.

Stik

yawningdog
14th Apr 2004, 23:14
Not sure about N reg but :

http://www.planecheck.com/

:O

Flyboy-F33
15th Apr 2004, 07:26
I find www.trade-a-plane.com to be the best, followed by aso.com but you need to subscribe to the first.

GG

ozplane
15th Apr 2004, 08:30
www.justplanetrading.com have a "wish-list" in which you could probably request an N-reg. They've got a nice N-reg Twin-Comanche there at the moment which I noticed when I dragged my plane out of the hangar yesterday.

Mark 1
15th Apr 2004, 12:36
http://www.barnstormers.com/

Monocock
15th Apr 2004, 12:40
www.ebay.com

:O

Kingy
15th Apr 2004, 21:14
Monocock, yep bought a very nice aircraft on ebay...!

Stik, I agree that www.thehangar.co.uk is the best in the UK. In fact, I hear that there is a very nice, if slightly damaged FRED for sale at the moment.... What a bargain! :O

Kingy

Did I get away with that?

ColumbiaBurns
15th Apr 2004, 22:07
Thanks very much for all the info guys, very much appreciated. Spoiled for choice now! :o)

CB