PDA

View Full Version : Exam Time Limits

Gilky
14th Apr 2004, 17:40
I know this is probably an oft-repeated question but the search turned up a topic from 2002 therefore I don't know if the responses are still valid, and I'm currently working tempo in the states so can't ask my instructor - so don't lambast me guys 'n' gals.

How long do I have from sitting my first ground exam (which was a/c tech, law was my second) to:-

1. Complete all ground exams?
2. Pass cross country and/or skills test?

CPilotUK
14th Apr 2004, 18:10
Gilky,

You have 18 months from sitting your first ground exam to complete all if you want to avoid retaking exams. If you fail to complete all within that period, you must retake the first exam. You then have to ensure you complete all before the second exam lapses otherwise you will have to retake that one also.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a time limit for completing the cross country or the skills test.

CPilotUK

Saab Dastard
14th Apr 2004, 19:10
CPilotUK,

You are spot on on the first part, but there is a 2-year time limit from completing the last exam to applying for your licence (this implies that the skills test has been done).

That is, the set of completed exams is valid for 2 years (from the date of the last exam) and your licence application must be received by the CAA while the exam set is valid.

Unless it has been changed very, very recently!

SD

CPilotUK
14th Apr 2004, 19:18
Saab Dastard,

Thanks for the correction.

CPilotUK

Gilky
14th Apr 2004, 19:34
CP, SD

Thanks for the replies guys