PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Licence Issue

Artificial Horizon
13th Apr 2004, 18:02
Has anyone recently applied for and been issued a JAR ATPL, I have just achieved all the hours requirements. The 500 hours multicrew took a while to get but once reached I though that was the end of the road. Now I have the application form and on it there is the phrase 'Date Of ATPL Skills Test'.

This confused me a little so I looked in LASSORS and sure enough it says that under JAR I must now complete a skills test for licence issue. An LPC will count but LASSORS says all hours must be completed before the test, as my last LPC was 10 hours before I met the requirements so can't be used, my next LPC won't be for another 10 months so frustration all round.

I have spoken to a company pilot who recently had his ATPL issued and he knew nothing of the skills test requirement, he put down the date of his CPL and IR test dates and was issued a JAR ATPL by the CAA. So what is the real story.

Please, if anyone can enlighten me as to the real story behind this skills test please post. It is all driving me nuts!!!

I have called the CAA twice, once I was reffered to look in LASSORS and the other time was informed that FCL had gone to lunch for two hours (after being on hold for 20 minutes).:{

The Greaser
13th Apr 2004, 18:22
AH

You DO need a skills test unfortunately. Must be an LPC, ie the signing of the license by the TRE basically constitutes the passing of the skills test. However you should be able to get a friendly TRE to sign your license even for an OPC if you cover the minimal differences from the LPC. However as you are only missing out by 10 hours on your last LPC may i suggest a few minimal hours that you maybe failed to log previously!

G-LOST
13th Apr 2004, 19:48
Sorry AH but it's a fact. I managed to contact my training dept. to make sure my LPC was delayed as long as possible to ensure I snuck in with the 500 prior to the LPC date. It's all boll*cks. As for the CAA..... customer service.....

LOST.

Artificial Horizon
13th Apr 2004, 19:54
Cheers guy's, its all a little clearer now.:)

ALTSEL
14th Apr 2004, 06:54
By the way , how much do the CAA charge to convert a UK ATPL into a JAR licence ????

thanks

The Greaser
14th Apr 2004, 14:04
185 quid i believe !!