PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Subterfuge ?

Captain Mayday
12th Apr 2004, 18:24
Can anyone enlighten me on what has happened to the Canadian recruitment of UK ATCOs ?

I heard rumours that some folk who were lined up for interview had been emailed to be told it was all off.

This isn't by any chance a complete co-incidence that Kenny Everett was in Canada 2 days beforehand ? I also heard rumours that this was a trade-off to NATS buying the NAVCanada Oceanic system ......

Jerricho
12th Apr 2004, 21:32
And pray tell, where did you hear these rumours?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Apr 2004, 09:17
They probably found out what they were getting...

Whooooooooooooppps... sorry Jerry and other mates!

Seriously, past experience indicates that it is definitely not unknown for one ATC provider to approach others who are recruiting to disuade them from "poaching" staff.

Mr Chips
13th Apr 2004, 10:08
Jerricho, rumours are doing the rounds certainly here at West Drayton. Same thing allegedly happened in the past with Eurocontrol....

Chips

Jerricho
13th Apr 2004, 14:20
Is that from the same source as the rumour I heard just before I let? Basically went along the lines that NATS management had told Nav Canada to fail every ex-NATS controller or they wouldn't buy the new EXCEEDS (Electronic Strip System).

That, and Point 7 was going to be the new CEO...............

Point Seven
13th Apr 2004, 18:25
Jer

You better watch out when I get it. Last in, first out tubby man.

P7

GT3
13th Apr 2004, 22:01
CEO hahaha

You would have to be as nuts as me to get a job like that mate ;)

VectorLine
14th Apr 2004, 16:52
What?

Ginger Nuts?

:D

Jerricho
14th Apr 2004, 17:39
Lets leave Gonzo's nether regions out of this please!

And I think you'll find the whole "Experienced Controller Program" interviews/assessmet thingie has been halted. It's not just NATS controllers being affected. Don't you just love conspiracies!?!?

Fly Through
14th Apr 2004, 18:27
Only assessment planned for the rest of the year is Edmonton at the end of May. Was told this may change depending on requirements.

As it stands no controllers from the UK included.

The conspiracy deepens :E

FT

Gonzo
14th Apr 2004, 18:27
Someone rang?:}

rej
17th Apr 2004, 18:44
I spoke at length to "Ottawa" just late last year and was told that I would be included in the late-Spring testing in Alberta.

It is now mid-April and funny old thing not a word - good job I did not put all my eggs in the Canuck-basket.

Jerricho
17th Apr 2004, 22:05
Rej - had you paid your deposit?

rej
18th Apr 2004, 07:59
Fortunately not, but had it not been for a situation beyond my control, I was on the cusp of declining the offer of another 17 years service with my current employer for the chance to return to Canada. What I find most frustrating is the fact that I was given no updates along the way despite the fact that the 'recruiter' at NavCan was aware of the suituation I was in.