PDA

View Full Version : Logging sim time

Lomcovack
11th Apr 2004, 20:41
I have an oppurtunity to carry out some instructing on an FNPT 2 with a commercial flight school.

I would like to know if I can book this time towards my total IFR hours and if so under what catogory ie P1 etc.

Thanks.:confused:

Global Pilot
12th Apr 2004, 05:53
I am interested to see other replies to your question as I have been doing the following but am open to correction.

Ground sim instruction/flying is just that and can be logged as Ground sim time (if your logbooks allows as mine does, if it doesn't just create an entry). According to my authority (IAA), ground sim time can be logged but not towards IFR time and certainly no credit is given towards total time. For the whole I aggree with this but always wondered if you use a sim such as a FNPT2 for an IR renewnal, whilst you can't log the time as flight time it does give your the old ticks in the currency box.

On my last IR renewnal using a FNPT11, the instruction prior to exam came from behind me.

StrateandLevel
13th Apr 2004, 19:28
STD time is not Flight Time and does not qualify under JAR-FCL1.080.

JAR-FCL courses may specify a maximum STD time that can be credited towards an approved course.

STD time in excess of the maximum allowed and approved counts for nothing.

Instructional time in a STD cannot be counted for anything.

jean-Luc RICARD
13th Apr 2004, 19:31
Sim instructor time does not count towards your totals, it is however interesting to keep track of your FNPT instructional time for your own record and it does "look professional" from an instructor point of view.
it is entirely up to you but I think if you decide to log it, shows you do care about what you are doing and sends a good message to a future employer.
I have about 500 hours Sim instructor time and i regret now not to logged them :uhoh:

cheers!!!