PDA

View Full Version : Who's interested in a French Air Total card?

Romeo Romeo
10th Apr 2004, 17:28
I've been in touch with Air Total in France concerning getting an Air Total card to use in their 50 self-service AVGAS stations. One of the questions I was asked was Do you know of any other pilots who go to France and would be interested in using the self-service AVGAS stations?So, come one everybody - let's have a quick show of hands.

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Apr 2004, 18:17
Yup (on its own would not do hence these extra characters)

FD

Fly Stimulator
10th Apr 2004, 18:41
Yup

Fujiflyer
10th Apr 2004, 20:08
Me, me !!!:ok: :ok:

Timothy
10th Apr 2004, 21:21
I asked for one, from my mate Simon Fage who is responsible for them, and was turned down, even though we are mates, because I don't have French bank account.

Timothy

Wrong Stuff
11th Apr 2004, 09:53
Yup, I'd be very interested too.

Any idea if it has to be a French bank account or a Euro one? I know a Belgian national with a card which made me think it was the latter.

cambioso
11th Apr 2004, 13:48
What are the advantages of such a piece of French plastic ?
Don't most places in France take Visa/M'cards ? I don't recall ever having a problem in my travels over the years.
N.B. this is a genuine query not a bit of "Frog Bashing"!

Fujiflyer
11th Apr 2004, 15:36
cambioso, the trouble is that the card is frequently required to start the fuel pump. If you land at a French a/p when the refueller is not there you may have something of a wait ahead :eek:

samson.
11th Apr 2004, 15:52
Me too please

(more words so that the server will let me post!)

S-Works
11th Apr 2004, 18:16
yes please.... would have been very usefull over the last few days!

Flyboy-F33
11th Apr 2004, 23:11
Put my name down for one please.....

GG

skua
12th Apr 2004, 19:21
me too please

skua

Sensible
12th Apr 2004, 19:45
Yes please .

Aim Far
13th Apr 2004, 09:28
Me too.......................

Pronto
14th Apr 2004, 12:01
In principal, yes.

What does one need do to get one and what are the costs, if any?

Potter1
14th Apr 2004, 12:31
Count me in....

P...

Wrong Stuff
17th May 2004, 21:27
Hi RR - did anything come of your enquiries?

Floppy Link
18th May 2004, 09:11
What are the advantages of such a piece of French plastic ?
Don't most places in France take Visa/M'cards ? I don't recall ever having a problem in my travels over the years.
N.B. this is a genuine query not a bit of "Frog Bashing"!

Many moons ago we took a Wessex to central France in support of the Sandhurst final exercise (that was great fun...one Wessex, two Lynx, a couple of Armee de l'air Pumas and a Gazelle all charging around at 30ft in the Massif Central - no beaches there of course!)
On the way back we had to pop into Le Touquet for fuel as the Freanch Air Force were closed for the weekend. They refused our Amex card so we hunted around and I finally had to get out my Access (as it was in those days).
We loaded just enough to get to Manston - it still cost over £400, but I made a little 'cos the accountants in SHQ were using a different exchange rate...

Now I'd carry everything if I could
Dollars
Euros
MC
Visa
Air BP carnet
Total carnet
Elf carnet
Shell
CEPSA
Aerofina
etc