PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Accom?

Bearcat
9th Apr 2004, 15:01
Flying from Ireland to the Goodwood festival of speed 25/26th June in my cub. Anyone have prompts re accomodation in the area. I would be afraid to ask the aerodrome to pitch a tent on their grounds for fear of what they might say. Anyone in the know?

Tall_guy_in_a_152
9th Apr 2004, 15:04
There is a campsite setup for the festival. I will try to dig out the details. As you would imagine B & B and hotels in the area charge a huge premium for the weekend.

TallGuy.

Edit: I couldn't find the details. Suggest you telephone the organisers: +44 (0)1243 755055

TG.

p.s. entry is by ticket in advance only this year, for all three days.

Evo
9th Apr 2004, 19:13
I'm sure you wouldn't be able to pitch a tent on the aerodrome, but you should be able to get somewhere to stay in Chichester - may be a bit more expensive than normal though.

If you fancy a beer while you're here... :)

Bearcat
9th Apr 2004, 20:03
thanks chaps....I have been to goodwood festival before and it was beyond brilliant. I did the whole week end and stayed in crawley with a pal who at the time was working with astraeus I am into old cars and thought flying the cub over would be good fun and its on a early G reg. Goodwood aerodrome have promised me a parking spot but if you can get a no. for a campsite I would be so grateful. Bought the tent today so have plane , will travel if someone can point me to a field to lie on! I really am anxious to get somewhere as I have the days off to go.

Capt Bear

Evo
9th Apr 2004, 21:03
Bearcat - a google search for Chichester and campsite finds lots of hits, I've no idea what is good and what isn't though. You shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere, but if all else fails you can put a tent in my back garden. Would need to be a small tent though ;)