PDA

View Full Version : Pilots from another perspective.......

BRL
7th Apr 2004, 11:22
First off, this guy has posted this on our company forum, his views are nothing to do with mine ok so go easy and remember I am just posting this as a bit of fun. :)
First bit is the quote from another post, main body of text is the reply...........
dunkin doughnuts wrote:
". I also have a private pilots licence, have you?"
Yes!

bully for you . anyone can do that , it isn't an elite club for intellectuals despite what most pilots think about themselves . all you really need is the cash for the ridiculously expensive lessons ..... i didn't bother myself when i thought about it because i considered too much of a waste of money while bringing up a young family .... and as a route to getting a commercial pilots licence ,, thats balls too , once agian tyou need deep pockets to fund that with only a remote chance of getting a job at the end of it ..... one would think with the proliferation of low cost airlines that there would be a great demand for pilots , but it doesn't seem to be the case . i shall tell you why as well .... a low cost airline uses its pilots to the MAX whereas the trad state run slugs do not and have half their fleet drivers mowing their lawns and shagging hostesses in 5 star hotels .... . i know the railway isn't quite as glam as piloting but it is more secure in many respects .....

you the one with the hgv licence as well ?

High Wing Drifter
7th Apr 2004, 11:29
He seems pretty clued up to me :uhoh:

FNG
7th Apr 2004, 11:39
For me, the most significant inference to be drawn from this is that BRL in another life goes under the name of "dunkin doughnuts".

By the way, do US ppls argue about who does the best doughnuts in the same way that we argue about who does the best butties?

BRL
7th Apr 2004, 11:43
Nooooo, DD is a driver from Bedford, I hardly ever contribute on there to be honest..!!

Evo
7th Apr 2004, 12:04
Bl**dy hell, if I had read Eats, Shoots and Leaves I'd be ready to explode after reading that. I'm guessing a pass at English GCSE isn't required to be a train driver? :)

360BakTrak
7th Apr 2004, 12:11
What a Muppet!!!:}

bfato
7th Apr 2004, 13:00
half their fleet drivers...shagging hostesses in 5 star hotels

...must really annoy the half that have to go flying. :{

Just wondering, how long is the modem cord on this guy's laptop? Does he have no time for punctuation because it's yanked out of the socket around St Albans?

FlyingForFun
7th Apr 2004, 13:14
To me, the most telling part is:all you really need is the cash for the ridiculously expensive lessons ..... i didn't bother myself when i thought about it because i considered too much of a waste of moneyI think there are many many people out there who share that view. The fact that all of us regulars in this forum are regulars means that we don't share the view - yes, it's a lot of money, but we don't consider it a "waste". But it takes all sorts.

As forit isn't an elite club for intellectuals despite what most pilots think about themselves I'm not aware of very many pilots with this view. It's a pity he wrote that, because apart from that everything he's written is spot on once you look past the sarcasm, poor grammer or not.

FFF
--------------

Flyin'Dutch'
7th Apr 2004, 13:31
grammer

And spelling!

FD

Evo
7th Apr 2004, 13:33
sarcasm, poor grammer or not.

FFF, there's some poor grammar and spelling somewhere else :)

edit: D'oh, F'D' got there first. :O

dublinpilot
7th Apr 2004, 13:37
half their fleet drivers mowing their lawns and shagging hostesses in 5 star hotels

Maybe I should give more consideration to doing an ATPL ;)

dp

FlyingForFun
7th Apr 2004, 13:41
:O :O :O :O :O

(But I only mentioned the grammer [sic] because Evo mentioned it first!)

FFF
--------------

A and C
7th Apr 2004, 19:36
I'm sorry to say that standards have dropped , we have now been forced into four star hotels.