PDA

View Full Version : THANKYOU Everyone!!!

Inverted81
7th Apr 2004, 09:53
Hi,
I've PASSED!!!!!! :) Got my letter from HR this morning (despite them telling me yesterday, i wouldn't get anything till next week!! Sly) I passed my interview!!

I wanna say thanks to everyone on these forums who have guided me through the process, without it i'm sure i would of been in the dark in many areas!

Also anyone reading this from West Drayton or Luton, THANK-you so much for all your help and putting up with all my questions!!!

(He He cant still quite believe it!! :) :) )

Chris
:)

mps12
7th Apr 2004, 10:28
CONGRATULATIONS! Such a great feeling isn't it, Im still over the moon!

Did they give you an anticipated start date? or was it the 'sometime in 2005' scenario?!

Well done again:ok:

Inverted81
7th Apr 2004, 10:58
Thanks MPS,
Yeah the "sometime in 2005" line. In interview they said October 2005... lets see!!! Might end up on the same course!!! Who knows!??

Chris :))

JimboUK2004
7th Apr 2004, 12:18
Well done chrisf,
:D

Thats brilliant news! I've got my interviews on the 17th May at Manchester:eek:

I know what you mean about this forum, its very VERY helpful. I found out about it just after I passed my assessment centre last month!

Very well done, and congratulations - I hope I do it too! Going to West Drayton and Swanwick on Friday.

What was the interview and computer tests like for you?

:ok:

jim

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
7th Apr 2004, 12:31
Very many congrats chrisf. You're about to become one of aviation's elite so keep up the work during your training and enjoy your career. It's almost better than sliced bread and, after you validate, certainly provides more fun than any other activity with your clothes on!

Very best of luck...

foghorn
7th Apr 2004, 14:04
Well done Chris!

I'll be a bit ahead of you at the college (Medical permitting :eek: )

Inverted81
7th Apr 2004, 15:32
Thanks everyone,
Jim,
the interviews seemed ok. The technical was fine.... know your basics and how to apply them, BUT when in the interview be open to suggestions from the interviewer. You may have said something that is not quite right and they may "guide" you into the correct answer, show that you are willing to ADAPT to ideas... always remember YOU HAVENT BEEN TRAINED yet so they cant expect miracles. personal is self explanatory, be yourself and try not to tell them what you think they WANT to hear, you could get un stuck.
As for the computer tests..... well, i thought i did absolutely rubbish as i missed the majority of the number matches/sorting/ type test.... Must of been ok though!! :} Nothing you can do to prepare for that one really, you've either "got it" or not, again i guess their not looking for perfect results as i'm certain mine weren't! :)

Take Care! Off to have a few drinks now!!! He He... hope to see you guys at the college next year!!!
C

mr.777
8th Apr 2004, 22:44
Well done to those of you that passed!!
Me and the rest of Course 130 started down at the College on Monday...trust me when I say you are gonna LOVE it !!
A lot of hard work ahead but getting paid for doing something you love is a bit of a new concept for me.
You may have a bit of a wait to get down to Bournemouth...I'm certainly guilty of having had the odd whinge over the last year,but it's worth it once you get down there.We're doing our first Sim run on Tuesday...very excited,but bricking it at the same time (you'll understand when you get down there!!).
Anyway,I've digressed enough...once again,conragtulations and keep the faith over the months ahead...this is the best job in the world!! Hopefully,by the time you get down there I'll be on my way to getting validated!!
Cheers,

P.s if you've got any questions PM me...I'll try and reply in between studying!! :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Apr 2004, 08:46
<<<A lot of hard work ahead but getting paid for doing something you love is a bit of a new concept for me.>>>

777 YOU are almost certainly going to make it because you have exactly the right attitude IMHO. I went through my career relishing every second of it and it served me OK. There is nothing better than being happy in your work and ALWAYS do it to the best of your ability. Ignore the dopes who moan all the time; enjoy your work; enjoy your free time and accept that once you are fully validated you'll have one of the best jobs going...

My very first SATCO said: "Remember, if you can do the job and you validate it'll be money for old rope". He was right. The critical bit is "IF" you can do the job.....

Good luck...