PDA

View Full Version : Selection Day Motivation Test - Multiple Choice?

carolinehulse84
6th Apr 2004, 12:10
Hi,

I have got my selection tests day coming up very soon and I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether the motivation test is multiple choice or just questions and short answers?

Also, if anyone could tell me what percentage of the test is based on the Aircraft information given in the back of the booklet I would be very grateful.

Thanx

Caroline
Manchester

mickrobbo
6th Apr 2004, 12:17
Motivation test is multiple choice....and majority based on the document NATS sent you, so make sure you read it. There are some questions which aren't in the booklet for example.

Aircraft loses both engines and is at altitude xxxxx, descending at xxxx fpm travelling xxxx kts/mph...which airport would you send the aircraft to? a. xxx.x nm away b. xxx.x nm away c. xxx.x nm away. (This was an example from my paper but it may not come up in your test, but its an example of something that could come up)

You have plenty of time on this test so my suggestion is race through the paper answering all the ones you know and then go back and go through them very carefully.

sla
6th Apr 2004, 12:20
Hi

I took my tests recently (still waiting for the results) - the motivation test is multiple choice. Personally I didn't find it too difficult, but if you're serious about training to be an ATCO then all the information you can take in will be useful in the future, if not now.

Practice playing with squashed cubes - I think I may have tripped up on that one!!!

Good Luck:ok:

JimboUK2004
6th Apr 2004, 13:09
I can go with Mickrobbo... good advice!

I recently completed my assessment centre at Manchester on the 12th March. I have to be honest, that booklet is quite an overwhelming amount of info - thats how I found it anyway!

I actually went against everyone's advice, and took a visit to London City Aerodrome before the tests, and a trip along to the CATC.... I found it really interesting and took a lot of information in. If it wasn't for the visits I made I don't think I would have done so well at the tests - as it happens I passed! Just waiting for my interview now, and I've sorted myself out with another 2 visits to complete my likkle adventure in ATC recruitment - LTCC at West Drayton (hopefully) and Swanwick.

The multiple choice paper I noticed had a couple of questions that wasn't included in the booklet provided.

As for the plane section at the back of that booklet - well, I'm no plane spotter and I always find parrot fashion learning NOT FUN! I got through about all the Boeings and some Airbus but realising I had about 1 wk left until my assessment and about another 5 pages of planes and the rest of the booklet to learn, I decided to just learn the more important aspects, such as VOR, FIRs, and controlled airspaces etc and just have a scan through the plane section.... out of the whole multiple choice paper I actually had about 2 questions to do with the planes - BUT - don't take my word for it, good old sod's law will obviously come into force if you take my advice - learn as much as you can - it will help you.

Good luck, and best wishes.

Jim:ok: