PDA

View Full Version : Huge Fly-in

DeltaTango
5th Apr 2004, 14:15
Ladies & Gentlemen...
Pilots & pilotesses.....

The Israeli AOPA is having a grand international fly-in in May.

There will be pilots and airplanes from around europe.
It will be a 3 day event which will include:
Navigation competitions, precision landing competitions, Guided tours around the sea of Galilee, Mezada, The Dead-Sea(including a dip), Jerusalem and other turist attractions.

So far 15 planes and 50 pilots from Europe have signed up.

This is a very unique way to visit the holy land, and it will be a shame to miss such an oppurtunity.
AND!!!
If you a quick you can still register......
INFO:
http://www.aopa-israel.org.il/_ArticlesLang/Article.asp?ArticleID=10&CategoryID=30&Page=1

Please contact :
[email protected]

Safe landings
DT

PPRuNe Pop
6th Apr 2004, 09:31
This was in Aircrew and bought forth abuse. That is intolerable. Since most private flyers are more tolerable I have put in here in the knowledge that they would not stoop to such depths and may actually enjoy a trip to Israel. If you don't there is no need to reply of course.

Have fun if you do.

Over to you BRL.

Evo
6th Apr 2004, 09:33
Wow, what a trip that would be. A bit far for me though, I think (at 80kts that's How Long?!? :) )

DX Wombat
6th Apr 2004, 10:58
I visited in May several years ago and the weather was glorious. It is a beautiful part of the world and I'm glad I was able to see it. To see it from the air will be something special. Enjoy it!

Mike Cross
6th Apr 2004, 16:52
Having your altimeter read minis 1,300 feet when set to QNH must be worth a photo?

DeltaTango
6th Apr 2004, 17:01
Mike-indeed, I've got a picture like that..somewhere......

DT

Whirlybird
6th Apr 2004, 17:05
Sounds fantastic; wish I could go. I'm flying to Austria in May; I suppose we could just keep heading south...

If anyone plans on going and wants a lightweight co-pilot and/or navigator, let me know. :ok:

midman
6th Apr 2004, 19:27
I'd love to get down there but I don't think my 2-seater with space for a light passenger and an overnight bag will suffice for this fly-in! Good luck!

Keef
6th Apr 2004, 20:48
If only I'd had a bit more notice! I'd have taken a planeload. What a fabulous opportunity!

Will there be one next year? Can I stop over for a few days after the event?

Circuit Basher
7th Apr 2004, 06:55
Whirly - I suspect you'd miss Israel by quite a bit if you kept on South from Austria - suspect you may need a significant westerly wind component if you were planning that way!! ;)

Penguina
7th Apr 2004, 12:09
Siiigh - if only! :ugh:

Have another when I'm rich, will you? :)

DeltaTango
7th Apr 2004, 19:50
I hope, if this one goes acording to plan, that we will see plenty more.....

best of landings
DT

Penguina
8th Apr 2004, 11:26
In that case, I wish you the best of luck with it all! :)

Fujiflyer
9th Apr 2004, 10:29
DeltaTango, sadly too short notice for me this year but like several previous posters would be very interested in going next year. Would need to do some serious saving up for the trip - its about 2000nm each way for me by the time the Alps are circumvented,

Fuji