PDA

View Full Version : Air sickness and the Boeing 777

AFFF
1st Apr 2004, 21:54
I remember reading an article in Flight International around mid 1997 about the high instances of air sickness amongst pax flying at the back of the rear cabin of the 777. The article stated that Boeing had acknowledged there was a problem, and were working to eradicate it. If I remember correctly, it was something to do with an unusual movement in the airframe caused by the mechanism of either the horizontal or vertical tail plane.

A couple of months later I flew with my family DXB-BKK in the rear cabin of a 777 and a member of my family was sick during the later stages of the descent along with one or two others.

Later this year I'm flying the same route, but on the 777-300. What was the problem? did Boeing solve it? and if not, has the problem become compounded by the 300 series aircrafts extra length?

AFFF

Half a Mexican
2nd Apr 2004, 07:47
As I remember, and this is all second hand data, the problem was caused by an oversensitive autopilot and issues with the cabin air system.

Check out this thread in the Cabin Crew forum:

here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29835&highlight=777+sickness)

--
HaM