rustle
1st Apr 2004, 12:39
You moved the wrong thread.

Idiots.

Seeya. :(

BlueRobin
1st Apr 2004, 14:18
Hmmm...

BRL can you justify why this http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125056

...is in the Private Flying forum. I can't see much of a reason for it to be.

BR (not "L")

BRL
1st Apr 2004, 14:28
Hi BR. Possibly the same reason why this is being allowed to stay. At least the other thread is aviation related.

Next...........

rustle
1st Apr 2004, 17:14
"altimeter"

Now this thread is as 'Private Flying' related as the other one ;)

flower
1st Apr 2004, 19:12
With you all the way rustle.

their loss in the long term, no way I'm being associated with a cult thank you very much, I'm sticking with the real aviators.

Well we have our alternatives , lets just hope she never finds them.

Pink_aviator
1st Apr 2004, 19:27
OH I'LL find them all .

LUCKY old me ,
Do not have to work, just fly allday long if I want oh and PPRUNE .

Now ALTIMETERS .

Interesting thread this .
I know all about them now THANKS to the loyal fans on the thread .

It great having friends .

Need any advise ,any one ?

Oh FLOWER have you got your PPL yet ?

Just a friendly enquiery

THE PINKSTER

flower
1st Apr 2004, 19:36
Pink Aviator I am an aviation professional i work in the industry and have done for 16 years . I have more knowledge in my little finger than you will probably ever get so don't try pulling that stunt on me
I was ready to go solo after only 10 hours as well.

I never pulled a bitchy remark against you just your thread, you however have been sarcastic in the extreme with very rude and nasty comments not only against me but others.

Live your little life Pink Aviator i am not in the slightest bit interested in it. If you require to get your kicks from this sort of charade that is up to you.

I however know just how much work some of these guys have done to improve yours and my safety in the industry . If we are deserting this forum that is a great shame to the majority of people who used this to gain an important insight into general aviation and not your life.

Your thread should be elsewhere , it should be on JetBlast or agony aunt. Move it there and I will be happy . We just want the forum back so we can intelligently get back to important issues not your daily personal crises thank you

loftustb
1st Apr 2004, 19:40
P-A

Your last post speaks volumes about you.

skydriller
1st Apr 2004, 19:41
Cat Fight !!!!! :E

BRL
1st Apr 2004, 19:55
Bloody hell, I go off and enjoy a few hours watching the cricket and come back to this ...!!!!

Sort it out eh............ :*

ToryBoy
1st Apr 2004, 20:00
Wahayyyyy

My moneys on Pink although I reckon flower might have those flick knives in her shoes like that German bird with the Swastika.

Hey ho.

Will there be a video of this ?

WestWind1950
1st Apr 2004, 20:11
flower,

why get all uptight? I, too, checked your profile and there's absolutely nothing in it, so how should she know about your flying qualifications? And I still don't understand why a thread you don't like should bother you.... just ignore it! no one is forcing you to read it.....

I didn't want to get myself so involved in all this, but I happen to enjoy reading the thread. And I think it is very unprofessional to cause a student so much stress short before her skills test!! But from her comments, I think she'll manage... she seems to be a tought cookie to crumble.... :ok:

keep it up Pinkster!!!

Westy

Big Hilly
1st Apr 2004, 20:28
BLIMEY!!!! This is starting to read like a Big Hilly thread. . . . :D ;)

BH

Pink_aviator
1st Apr 2004, 20:44
WELL FIDDLE DE DE ad HEAVENS TO BETSY ,

I have never been accused of bitchyness in my life ,

IN fact if you read my thread you would realise as the regulars do that I am completly sweetness it self and never cause harm or distress to others

I simply posed the question ,

"have you got your PPL yet "

On "PINKHEAD SETS " WE CARE ABOUT ALL OUR POSTERS "FRIENDS OR FOES "

and we all know that it means nothing however many hours it took you to go solo .

CONGRATULATIONS by the way.

Now could you offer me some of your sixteen years exsperiance ,on how to survive the skills , with all the unpleasantess that comes from people who ca ot read plai english .

I have taken the liberty of trying to put it in to a few languages for you all ,on my thread .

AND THE THREAD is about my life now as my life includes flying , so now you know , you will perhaps be able to refrain from reading about it .

I am sure I would be interested in your life as I love people ,and study there behaviour .

VERY TELLING THIS THREAD .

THE SWEET PINKSTER

Polly Gnome
1st Apr 2004, 21:01
I sometimes read the PA thread because very occasionally there's an interesting bit, perhaps about the theory of flying, but I deeply resent being called a 'loyal fan'.

If anyone deserves a fan club it's rustle and his colleagues who have done more for private flying and General Aviation safety than almost anyone in recent years. I will freely admit to being a fan of theirs after all their hard work.

It would be a great loss if any one of them left this forum.

As it happens, I actually agreed with flower's reasoned post (on the Pink Headsets thread) about the thread affecting attitudes to women in private aviation (for the worse). I left well alone, but some of the comments about flower's post on that thread were too sharp IMHO.

By the way, I'm a PPL. And no, I don't think that being a PPL makes me something unique - I try my hardest to get more women to learn to fly (or in Mad Jock's delightful phrase - more totty).

Timothy
1st Apr 2004, 21:13
When PA was left to herself in her own thread she was bothering no-one that didn't want to be bothered. The issue was contained.

Now, thanks to the interference of people who should have left well alone, she is seeping out all over the place and it's getting more and more difficult to find a non-hysterical thread.

I can only recommend tough moderation or this could get out of hand, as it has in other places.

Timothy

Whirlybird
1st Apr 2004, 21:21
Flower,

CALM DOWN! There was no bitchiness on this or any other thread till you came along. You should hear (read) yourself.

I agreed with flower's reasoned post (on the Pink Headsets thread) about the thread affecting attitudes to women in private aviation (for the worse).

Oh not again! This old argument (sigh). How many times do I have to point it out? pink aviator is not a representative of women in general. You could just as well say the thread affects attitudes to people from Scotland in aviation Perhaps I shouldn't post in case it affects attitudes to all short dark helicopter pilots living in North Wales. pink aviator only represents herself, no-one else!!!!!!!!!!

Pink_aviator
1st Apr 2004, 21:29
errrrrrrr UNIQUE ,

I actually do not NEED to fly to be unique .

NO NO NO , You hav't read the thread after all , phew .
That is not the reason I am learning to fly .

Oh deary me .

If only you understood me , you would understand why the term "fan " was used .

IT WAS A JOKE . durrrrrrrrrr .

Never mind .

OH POLLY ,put the kettle on ,
and we will all have tea. "

(I'm still smilling )PINKSTER

NOW in true PINKHEAD SET STYLE ,

"lets kiss ad make up . I'm willing ."

and "well said Timothy "

THE PINKSTER

Polly Gnome
1st Apr 2004, 21:31
The main points of my post were:

I think the loss of rustle to this forum would be awful after what he has contributed to private flying.

This does matter, unlike most of the rest. I AM a fan of his.

Whirly, I usually agree with you, but not in this case.

(Edit - The point about being 'unique' was referring to a comment of Mad Jock's about people being critical of the PA thread.)

Pink_aviator
1st Apr 2004, 21:39
errrrrrrrr POLLY I said SORRY
(HEY THAT RHYMES )

"LOYAL FAN " WAS A JOKE .

Can not Rustle commet on one of the numerous other threads in the forum .

I am sure there is plenty to interest all , I am posative .

PINSTER

BRL
1st Apr 2004, 21:39
I can only recommend tough moderation or this could get out of hand, as it has in other places. Agreed. After todays sad news neither myself or any of the admin here need this kind of nonsense to rear its ugly head again.

Please respect us by taking a time out, and if you really want to start another thread like this go and find somewhere else for the time being.
Thank you.
BRL.

PPRuNe Radar
1st Apr 2004, 21:53
Timothy (as always)

speaks much sense.

Until the agitators came along then there was a single thread which served its purpose and provided whatever people wanted it to. I do agree, their opinion is as valid as anyone elses, however if we all attacked individual threads just because we didn't like the subject, or the prose, or the person, or whatever .... then PPRuNe would already need yet another new server. Alas I don't have a spare few hours to read each and every post of antaganists to see if I agree with all their views and threads to allow me to start my own individual campaigns against things they say which I personally may not like or agree with. And I hope no one else does either. There really is life out there ;)

There is NO compunction to read ANY thread on PPRuNe if you don't want to. That's the bottom line. If you don't agree with a viewpoint or argument made by someone then you are of course free to argue against that ... but not the person, their style, or format, or content of the thread (unless it breaches PPRuNe rules and you can 'Report this thread to a Moderator' using the link supplied).

Fan clubs on either side are quite frankly infantile. This is not a popularity site. If people want to get personal and fight for their 'champion/ess' then take it offline and do it by PM or email.

Similarly, anyone who gives us the old 'remove that thread or we leave' routine will not find us stopping them .... leaving that is. Apart from Danny and PPRuNe Towers, no one of us is bigger than the site and it won't be held to ransom, as several posters in other areas have already discovered.

The whole Admin team is at the start of a major rethink of all things PPRuNe. An attempt to get the site back to the professional and aviation emphasis for which it is intended. This may end up with some winners and some losers. Which you become is up to you, your conduct, and the suitability of the subject matter which you post to the site.

There is a Pink Headsets thread. We know the finite life of it. We all know where it is and we all know people can choose (or not) to read it. Anything else relating to that thread which is not actually on it is a distraction.

As I said on the thread itself .. anyone who wishes to be thread banned and thus not even be given the choice to click on it can PM me and I will oblige.

Out.