PDA

View Full Version : Disruption in fabric of space/time continuum

FNG
1st Apr 2004, 10:08
Curiouser and curiouser. There are now three threads of roseate hue. Two of these, in good post-structuralist mode, are about the presence, absence, presence, significance of the other one. If you post on one of them, your post is magically duplicated on another. Moreover, at long last we've found a subject even worthier of discussion than logging time on funfair aeroplane rides, to wit: how many posts we have, had, don't have etc.

I think I feel a haiku coming on.

LowNSlow
1st Apr 2004, 13:01
and some, but not all, seem to have lost a few posts as well. I've dropped from 1,400 or so down to 190. Can somebody erase my wrinkles as well please!!

skydriller
1st Apr 2004, 17:42
Definitely something odd going on, just been to jetblast and the page opens, but there are no threads.......spooky:suspect: No message or anything. Never seen that before....unless flaps has lost it and deleted all the threads..:ouch:

Its Ok though because everyone can just post here in private flying:p :}

SD

FNG
1st Apr 2004, 18:06
Additional spooky weirdness: it seems that the post counters have been re-set for some if not all of the pink pixies, who have apparently had some sort of born again thing, but we cynics and doubters remain condemned to carry that particular badge of shame which records spending too much time ranting on the internet instead of being productive members of society.

PS: If I whine about the fact that every time I try to land my airborne equivalent of a rented Austin Maxi at a speed many knots in excess of the POH figure, it floats like a b*****d, I trust that this thread may remain here.

LowNSlow
2nd Apr 2004, 03:13
Ahh, Austin Maxi, what a wonderful tribute to British engineering. FNG I think it's more to do with the new server. I'm assuming that if you were on line when the server switched over you lost your post count. I lost about 1,000 the first time and about 1,400 this time. Now I'm a near (Pprune) virgin again :ok: :ok:

Final 3 Greens
2nd Apr 2004, 08:58
Jetblast is closed temporarily out of respect to an early member of PPrune, who has just died, Dr Syn.

See the thread in Rumours & News for details.

englishal
2nd Apr 2004, 09:12
I believe in the M-Brane theory myself. Anyway, its all irrelevant, as soon as those Branes come together (in the 11th dimension) its all over for us....another big bang, another universe, the end of ours another Pprune. I wonder how many times this cycle has repeated?;)

FNG
2nd Apr 2004, 09:40
I have long been convinced that there is a parallel dimension in which highly evolved squids are bickering on pprune about what colour their headsets should be. Al's post confirms that my hypothesis is correct.

Evo
2nd Apr 2004, 09:48
Oooh, can I start talking about Calabi-Yau manifolds? And M-theory is so last year, now F-theory, that's more like it...

(what's F-theory? it's an analog theory to M-Theory for describing non-perturbative compactifications of Type string IIB theory. It has 12 dimensions :) :8 )

Saab Dastard
2nd Apr 2004, 16:04
Evo,

Please take your F-in theory away, and keep your perturbations to the privacy of your own home - or the Solent Zone ;)

:)

SD

Evo
2nd Apr 2004, 16:23
Moderator! MODERATOR! He's being nasty to me again... :{

skydriller
2nd Apr 2004, 18:26
Aahhh, Manifolds, something we can get our teeth into... what were the specific manifold dimensions were you looking for again??? If you could provide Airframe/Engine make & model combination :p

loftustb
2nd Apr 2004, 18:38
I'd just like to add my ten pence worth

ToryBoy
2nd Apr 2004, 20:07
What the???????????

:ugh:

ToryBoy
2nd Apr 2004, 20:25
L

You promised:suspect:

Boing_737
2nd Apr 2004, 20:38
Some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands.....;)