PDA

View Full Version : NATS respond to On-Track Report

TC_LTN
1st Apr 2004, 06:24
NATS will announce this morning it's catalogue of changes in response to the On-Track Report generated by the CAA last year; The report is due to be published before midday, today but the main points include;

1. All Control Area stubs with a base of 2500ft ALT or below will be converted to Control Zone i.e. down to ground level wef 1st May. This should alleviate the increasing number of TCAS RAs in these areas.

2. Mode S introduction accelerated to 1st April 2005 for any aircraft wishing to participate in a revised UK LARS service. Basically LARS will available around all major lumps of CAS upon request. Your Mode S identity is interrogated upon request for the service and you will be billed per km via the Eurocontrol Charging Formula. Access to CAS for non-Mode S aircraft will in effect be suspended between 1st April 2005 and March 2008 when all aircraft will be required to carry Mode S.

3. Audible warnings of as you approach CAS will be uploaded to Mode S transponders along with a taxi style meter showing you current LARS usage bill. Wx and NOTAM data will also be available to Garmin 430/530 users at a small charge of approx 1Euro per 256 character block.

All these measures tie in nicely with NATS performance related pay criteria for ATCO since the number of aircraft that an individual provides a LARS service to is, of course, electronically recorded.

Final 3 Greens
1st Apr 2004, 06:26
April Fool! April Fool! April Fool!

Dewdrop
1st Apr 2004, 06:30
I bloo%y hope so !!

Break Even
1st Apr 2004, 07:09
Steady on, you'll give them ideas!

FNG
1st Apr 2004, 12:15
Best one I've seen today.

AlanM
1st Apr 2004, 13:21
And another Apirl 1st related question, TC_LTN......

What's happening with the extra mile of Class D around the LCY Zone?

just wondered......!!!!!

:)

spekesoftly
1st Apr 2004, 15:20
Nice one, but, as the saying goes:- "Many a true word spoken in jest" :eek:

Aussie Andy
2nd Apr 2004, 10:37
Got me...! I was having palpitations!

D'oh.....

Andy :ok: