PDA

View Full Version : Steve Barnes, EGCC

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Mar 2004, 14:41
I heard this afternoon that Steve Barnes had passed away and and I am in a state of considerable shock. I gather that he was about to be married too.

My deepest sympathy goes to Steve's fiance, his family and his work colleagues who will undoubtedly miss him greatly.

Steve was on the same watch at Heathrow as me for many years and he was an utter delight to work with - a real fun friend and a completely trustworthy and reliable work colleague. The fact that he has been taken so young makes it doubly difficult to understand.

God Bless you Steve; you were one of the best.

I'd appreciate a private email from someone at Manch with more info if possible to: [email protected]

Bren McCartney

bagpuss lives
30th Mar 2004, 19:42
I was going to post this info sooner here but wasn't sure whether Steve's family, friends and close colleagues would have appreciated it so soon after this tragic event.

We're all in shock at MACC to say the very least.

Steve was a thoroughly well-liked and supremely well-respected colleague who had many many friends.

MACC, his colleagues and his friends will miss him greatly and with genuine affection.

HD - I will e-mail you shortly with as much as I know.

cossack
31st Mar 2004, 02:42
I'm stunned. I don't know what to say.

Its tragic that this should happen to one so young with so much to look forward too. I feel for his fiancee too (I don't wish to mention her by name here): I knew her better than I did Steve and the fact that they were soon to be married makes this all the more difficult to believe.

The staff at MACC and Tower/Approach I'm sure will band together as they have done in the past when tragedy has struck the unit, to give great comfort and support to both Steve's family and his fiancee and hers.

niteflite01 - Please pass on my condolences and heartfelt sympathy.

Truly sad news.

Dave

PATCC forever
17th Apr 2004, 13:06
A bit late this comment, but needs saying never the less.

What a fantastic turnout at Steve's funeral. He would have been very proud.

His parents and fiancee were overwhelmed at the attendence and greatly comforted by the hundreds of messages.

It was a priviledge to attend.

PATCC

vintage ATCO
7th Jul 2004, 13:09
There is a nice appreciation of Steve by his father, Stuart, in the latest edition of The Moth, the magazine of the de Havilland Moth Club. Steve was a regular and stalwart member of the dHMC's refuelling team at the annual Moth Rally at Woburn Abbey.

Following the dHMC's Charity Weekend at Old Warden last month, part of the money raised will be donated to the Diabetes UK Research Fund in Steve's memory.

VA

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
7th Jul 2004, 18:00
Any way that a non-member can obtain a copy please? I'd very much like to have one.