PDA

View Full Version : Passed your interview in March?

mps12
28th Mar 2004, 23:24
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has recently been informed they were successful with their interview?

I was delighted to find out the other day that I was successful! Still over the moon, but this is where the hard graft starts I beleive.

Thought I actually mucked up the spatial reasoning during the selection tests and got a right good grilling in the technical interview!

Has anyone been given an anticipated start date for CATC?

Looking forward to your replies.

Van Der Hum
29th Mar 2004, 10:33
I know a chap that got in last week. He was told that it was anticipated his course would be "sometime in 2005".

foghorn
29th Mar 2004, 10:38
I got through in February, am also on a 'sometime in 2005' college place.

You'd better join the back of the queue ;) :}

mps12
29th Mar 2004, 16:51
I was told "sometime in 2005" too. Said either March 2005 or even June 2005!:ok:

Inverted81
29th Mar 2004, 17:42
Hi guys,
I had my interview last week. number sortin.....thought i knew what i was doin, kept hittin the wrong key tho he he! As of last week, they told me October 2005! Just been put back apparently. How long did your interview results take to come back? They say 10 working days, this realistic?

Congrats all who passed! (hope to be among that group soon!) :)
Chris

P.s. Were you asked where you did some research? I was and i told them that one of the places was here, seemed to go down like a lead balloon :ugh:

mps12
29th Mar 2004, 18:55
That number sorting was hard! They actually told me looking like Jan 2005 in personell interview but now told more like March or June 2005.

I waited 8 working days to find out if I had passed.

I didnt research here - only just found out about these forums!

I did visit Birmingham ATC which was very worth while.

Chrisf - did you visit a ATC?

Good luck with your final result!:ok:

Inverted81
29th Mar 2004, 19:32
Hi,
Yes i did, despite HR telling me i wouldn't have time or security clearance..... see other threads! I went to Luton and West Drayton the week before, as you said, a great help. 8 days eh?, that puts it fri this week aaaaargh! lets see.
Chris

mps12
29th Mar 2004, 19:42
I got my email last friday, so probably yours this firday!!

I actually had 2 weeks between being told I passed the selection tests to the interview itself!

Just spent a whole afternoon phoning round, people at NATS were more than helpful and I got my ATC visit sorted a week before my interviews!

GOOD LUCK!:ok:

Inverted81
30th Mar 2004, 07:32
hi,
same here, i had two and a bit weeks notice. I phoned luton and west drayton directly, and as you said, they were more than willing to help me out! Plus any of the guys from WD and Luton reading this THANKYOU!!! I expected to feel out of place on the visits and in a sense, in the way, but both units really made me feel at home.

MP- How'd you get the email???? I've only ever got snail mail, did you have to request it?

Chris :bored:

mps12
30th Mar 2004, 10:56
chrisf - I filled out the application process completely online. So everything I receive is via email!! Its great as it cuts the time down to find out!!!!

Not long til firday now!!!!:D

JimboUK2004
30th Mar 2004, 11:32
Sounds like I'm lucky... I just found out that I passed the selection tests at Manchester - thankgod! They left me wondering how bad I'd done!
I'm having my final interviews on the 17th May 2004 - uh oh! So I'm lucky that I've got a month to revise...Luckily I've already visited 2 places, London City - that was cool, and actually took a visit to CATC in Bouremouth - that was really cool.
Think its an Area Control Centre next... take it easy fellas... oh, any tips on the interview stages?

mps12
30th Mar 2004, 13:01
Hi JimboUK2004

Well done on getting through! I would advise to learn as much as possible about ATC and NATS and prepare yourself! You will be asked awkward questions and after you answer them, the interviewer tries to change your mind. You start doubting yourself but don't be phased. Remember safety is No.1 priority.

Generally be yourself and RELAX if you dont then you wont be able to think on your feet. They will inevitebly ask questions you have not pepared for.

GOOD LUCK :ok:

JimboUK2004
30th Mar 2004, 14:00
Thanks for your reply mps12... I read your topic, and I was given an anticipated start date of Jan 2005 - if I was successful that is - but reading other people's stories shows me that if I was to be successful, then it would be mid or late 2005! ******! But, if I knew I had passed the recruitment process and was offerred a place at CATC, then I would be more than happy to wait!

Thanks again. Jim

Inverted81
30th Mar 2004, 15:35
hi,
Jim and MPS, i registered my application in May 2003 by post!! only had selection in Feb, and interview a week ago... I thought things were speeding up until they told me that if i pass the interview my course would start oct 2005. Lets see, eh? I wonder if i can get them to email me the results rather than post.... i might give em a call.....
Chris

mps12
30th Mar 2004, 15:59
No Probs. I feel the same way too - I will wait any length of time for the course to start - just so thrilled to be going there!!

Good luck with your interview!:ok:

atcsstudent
31st Mar 2004, 09:32
Hi!
Mps12, when were your interviews? I had mine the 18 of March, and still know nothing.
I called HR and they said I would hear about them the second week of April.
Kind regards.

mps12
31st Mar 2004, 11:49
Hi Joan,

I had mine on March 16th, and found out last week I was sucessful! Think you'll just have to wait patiently and keep everything crossed!

How did you think it went?

Good Luck:ok:

babyken
2nd Apr 2004, 13:37
Hi, I am going to have my second interview in 17th May too. I am trying to arrange some visits to ATC. Can anyone tell me where can I find phone number for West Drayton, so I can arrange a visit there?

thanks

Ken

mps12
2nd Apr 2004, 13:56
HI babyken,

The best thing to do is ring NATS at swanwick I did this and actually ended up being put through to the Press Office. I explained the situation (ie wanted to visit ATC unit before my interview) and the very kind gentlemen gave me the telephone number and sorted it in a flash!

Good Luck!:ok:

Inverted81
2nd Apr 2004, 16:05
Directory enquiries helped me!!!
C

babyken
6th Apr 2004, 16:22
Thanks for replies.

I called the NATS but they said i will need a security clearance to go to LACC, so cant do it.

what else can i do then? I really hope to at least get one visit before the interview.

Also which airfeild would make a good visit, tried the manchester airport btu dont think will be able to get it. Will heathrow be a good one? Manchester/Burton??

thanks

JimboUK2004
6th Apr 2004, 16:35
Just arranged LACC visit myself in Swanwick and LTCC in West Drayton, send me a PM if you want the contact details and I'll email you then personally.... took me a bit of doing though - as for security clearence, thats rubbish!
JIM:p

Inverted81
6th Apr 2004, 19:54
as said in previous threads, the "security clearance" line is a load of rubbish!! I phoned LTCC and arranged a visit really easily!! If you do the same you'll be fine! apparently they have visits all the time from scouts, WVS etc and they dont have clearance do they??? Good luck!
Chris