PDA

View Full Version : Air Alps DO 328 Troubles...

vdive
27th Mar 2004, 05:43
Just heard that an Air Alps DO328 experienced an elevator stall due to non working de-icing boots. Apparently, some people got injured and needed treatment.

Somebody to know more details ?

Cheers, vdive

411A
27th Mar 2004, 11:30
Hmmm,

Shades of the Vickers Viscount many years ago.
If true, not good news...nasty business.

ikarus-fra
27th Mar 2004, 12:40
Any idea where and when it happened?

vdive
28th Mar 2004, 02:35
I believe they said it happend in Italy (Parma operation ?) but don't take my word on that - about 2-3 days ago.

Just heard that crews complained several times about non working equipment and got ignored by higher instances and that they are forced to fly with this inop stuff.

Dolu
29th Mar 2004, 14:37
They had a boot tear itself open on the RH elevator causing ''severe turbulance and a rapid altitude loss'' on the 15th of March. They say it's the third time this has happened and are questioning the quality of the boots. Doesn't sound like it was a 'take the aircraft or else' scenario to me.

Make that the RH horizontal Stab! The tear was approx 50cm long and they lost quite a lot of the chambers.

vdive
29th Mar 2004, 17:39
Happend on the flight Amsterdam - Berne - Innsbruck, somewhere over Switzerland. The aircraft was in cruise when a boot blew and wrappend whats left over around the elevator, causing airflow disruption etc. Aircraft entered a steep dive, F/A got injured, passengers scared to death (understandable):eek:, cruising around 150kts and no flap landing in Berne.

As you said Dolu. Misleading text from myside: They aren't forced to fly with, but AAA seems to have quite some troubles with these planes - compared to other DO328 operators. Questioning the quality of the boots - hmm...would love to believe in that.