PDA

View Full Version : LCY VRPs

Timothy
26th Mar 2004, 22:59
Are there a published set of LCY zone VRPs?

I notice that there are reference points used more than others (London Bridge, Alexander Palace, Isle of Dogs) but then others are used quite often (Vauxhall Bridge, Tower Bridge, Lee Valley.)

None of these are marked on the standard charts, so I was just wondering if people are just supposed to know (from their knowledge of the geography of London) or if there is a publication I haven't found.

Incidentally, the guy on 132.7 at about 17.00 this evening was doing a fabulous job of co-ordinating a totally unreasonable amount of traffic. He was being asked for transits left, right and centre, while having a steady stream of his own IFR traffic and he didn't turn anyone away. :ok:

Timothy

AlanM
27th Mar 2004, 09:14
Tim,

no - there aren't any published VRPs.

As you said we use the well known geographical points such as the ISLE of DOGS, VAUXHALL BRIDGE, LONDON BRIDGE, CANARY WHARF/DOME, THAMES BARRIER, SOUTHERN LAKE ON THE LEA VALLEY, ALEXANDER PALACE aka "ALLY PALLY" and LCY AIRPORT itself (occasionally to hold 1 or 2nm away for the Tower to transit you if LCY is busy)

As said on earlier threads, if you are a twin, and LCY on runway 28, you can almost always transit north-south or vice versa between VAUXHALL and LONDON Bridges. A little harder on 10 at LCY but not impossible.

I guess any published VRP would encourage VFR's over a built up area in the eyes of the CAA.

Will pass on your thanks........:)

Jerricho
27th Mar 2004, 18:35
the guy on 132.7 at about 17.00 this evening was doing a fabulous job

BL, you seen this!! I know he's not referring to you my friend.

Timothy
27th Mar 2004, 20:12
BL, you seen this!! I know he's not referring to you my friend.I know several people it wasn't :p

Timothy

AlanM
28th Mar 2004, 08:28
Jerricho....... you valid yet you old scoundrel????

Anyway, leave my mate B-L alone you tyke. :)

Point Seven
28th Mar 2004, 12:00
Alan M

Jerricho valid? Not unless he's found a Canadian controlling licence on e-Bay.

P7;)

Jerricho
28th Mar 2004, 14:20
Ahhhhh P7, don't you know I have been banned from Ebay? Since I found my UK licence there it's just been once problem after another.

How's the ops thing going?

AlanM
28th Mar 2004, 18:50
Hey Jer.......

ops is just a stepping stone for the prospective CEO

(any truth in the rumour you forced Kenny Everett out, P7?)

:)

Jerricho
28th Mar 2004, 21:07
Another CEO with a limited knowledge of ATC.........P7 should fit in just fine then!

Point Seven
28th Mar 2004, 21:21
My adivce to Mr. E was to jump before being pushed. I now get 10% of his payout.

AlanM

Stand by your postbox. Sometime soon the invites for the Bagdad Boys reunion wil be out. Be afraid...

P7:\

AlanM
28th Mar 2004, 21:43
bagdad.....aghhh ggggggggreat days matey.

Jer - when P7 is the top dog (just a matter of time...!) it will be fun seeing your face when you ask to come back.

Tee hee

Jerricho
28th Mar 2004, 22:02
Who says I'll be back??? :p

Fiji is the next port of call....I think (don't tell Mrs J)

Point Seven
29th Mar 2004, 14:54
Jer

Fiji WILL be the next port of call. I've already used my network to see to it.

P7

Jerricho
30th Mar 2004, 11:59
Is that down to your ATC Mafia types you now hang with? (Seen my buddy PJ about anywhere?)