PDA

View Full Version : So, what's happening @ HL

Dangerous Man
24th Apr 2001, 02:41
Phoned HL today with charter request... Surprised there was no reply whatsoever...

Does HL still at Stansted? Or have they moved "not-far-away" with their new partners?

If so would be nice to know new contact details?

antonovman
24th Apr 2001, 08:37
its still there in STN and operating as normal
maybe fone system was down or something like that

VP8
24th Apr 2001, 14:41
Give the guys a ring at Air Foyle/Antonov always ready and willing!!!!

Anyone heard any news on the so called merger between HLA/UPA, is it still viable??

Brgds
VP8

HalesAndPace
25th Apr 2001, 01:07
We'll let you know in our own time..... we've got enuff problems thinking up a new name - wot's that breeze in 'ere??

OpsBoy
25th Apr 2001, 02:02
Anyone know if the breeze bus has made it into the air yet ???? :) :)

------------------
The Legend lives on ... OpsBoy !!!!

Dangerous Man
25th Apr 2001, 03:20
VP8> Have not heard of HL/UPA ...
However since HL now well-engaged with ukranians they operate IL76s of UAC (Ukranian Air Cargo)... found this very illogical since b4 UAC used to be in bed with one of the 'not-well-reputated' canadian broker...

Antonovman> U right, HL still at STN and 'fone' did work today, still difficult to get through though... :rolleyes:

------------------
I like to move it

SNOOPY 22
25th Apr 2001, 06:13
Dangerous Man,
HLA are still at STN, the reason you cant get through is because apparently the genious managment there have made the receptionist redundant and now the phones have to be manned by ops. Im sure the Ops dept there have enough on there own plate to deal with than hundreds of calls a day of no importnace to them.

I think their management should perhaps consider their actions before doing things!

Ive heard from a few guys there about the rapid demise of a once great//effiecient company.

Oh well, guess everything good must come to an end

Snoop

SNOOPY 22
25th Apr 2001, 06:18
infact from what ive heard on the grapevine, things are so bad, they will be damn lucky if they have anyone in the ops dept by a couple of months time.

--------------

'hey I just tell it like it is '

EI - E I - O
25th Apr 2001, 10:01
Word has it the "BREEZE" A/C (MSN 131/EI-TLQ, ex-TransAer, is on test flight this week, and is just about wrapped up and ready to deliver.

flugpants
25th Apr 2001, 10:13
Heard its now called "Prime" and shud be chocks away by 12 May. Also heard they got the old TLA uniforms! Nothing like a fresh start eh PJ??

OpsBoy
25th Apr 2001, 20:09
Can't get thru to HL...why not get all the flight managers who have not flown since the VDA split on the phones....but then again heard a wispher they were all being kitted out in ex-TLA uniforms as extra cabin crew..of course that's if the ol' breeze bus makes it into the air last I heard it was poss gathering dust in a corner at EMA

------------------

HalesAndPace
25th Apr 2001, 23:21
Bit difficult OpsBoy, apparently some of them have just been handed their P45s.

OpsBoy
26th Apr 2001, 00:25
H+P (good name) shame to hear about that, had dealings with a few of them in a previous life and seemed to be a good bunch of guys

------------------

EI - E I - O
26th Apr 2001, 01:33
Ops boy---the old bus isa comin and it aint' gathering dust and it aint in EMA!

Do believe everything you hear.

FlightPlanMan
26th Apr 2001, 15:06
Flugpants,

You shouldn't listen to rumours you hear in the pub. You nearly looked nice in a second hand red uniform once yourself, remember http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

flugpants
26th Apr 2001, 15:14
Ahhhhhh..........but now seen with own eyes!!

antonovman
1st May 2001, 12:37
hey opsboy
"the flight managers who have not flown since the VDA split"
i can assure you we haven't been sitting on our behinds since the vda split
we've been flying for months now for Air Foyle, "on loan" from HLA

Dangerous Man
1st May 2001, 22:14
I've heard recently from ADB's crew they spent quite a time during last month in Africa, some of the ex-HL's flight managers did get a nice sun-tan on their faces. Obviously HL's flightmanagers are 'desperado' for £ and $. Remember early days (we did few flights into C-Afr) HL's fm used to refuse to perform their duties in Afr...

well time goes by... and everything is diferent nowadays...

------------------
I like to move it

freightdoggy dog
1st May 2001, 23:32
Heard 9 flight managers gone, 4 to AirFoyle
and the rest?

Top Loadie
2nd May 2001, 01:20
Did I tell u that, FDD?
Just seen a Prime ad for Assistant Cabin Crew Supervisor. Sounds like the old story of too many Chiefs....
Isn't "Prime" a brand of dog food....?
I was told that the bus was in BOD on airtest a few weeks back. Apparently TCP was arguing with reception again...("Do you know who I am"!!!!)
Regards to the workers at HL, its only you guys who keep the "Old Girl" afloat.
Is that right about the receptionist...?

----
That was what I was told...

EI - E I - O
17th May 2001, 21:19
I have heard several rumours of some new departures/arrivals at executive level, in the pax end of things, are they true? W.O.B is now on board??? P.J. has taken a back seat, Liam B. has left for Germany, is there any truth in these rumours???

HalesAndPace
17th May 2001, 23:54
Top Loadie – yep, to be sure, the lady of the telephones really has gone.... Maybe TLQ will launch forth onto the UK register in a week or two......

EI - E I – O (is there really a kite with that reg??) – LB has gone to DLH, DoD is also on the way, as is TCP (off to the US of A?). Maybe more moves afoot????

LB426
18th May 2001, 01:15
To you boyz and gals in HL ops i wish you the best with that ol big bus TLQ cause she has a habit of sittin down at 0200z of a night shift leavin ya with 314 butts to protect,ouch!!

Dangerous Man
19th May 2001, 16:24
So, Boys and Gals...

Have heard few more ops left this week...

Who's gonna be at HL after few months? It sounds like everybody is leaving... Even have heard a rumour HL are moving their office from E/House to a village nearby (the premises used by some electronic company before). Is this the same building there Artac used to be? Is this true? Wud ops stay at the APT or it will be remote monitoring from 'the farm-house'?

Strange though no-one from sales left the company (yet?)

------------------
I like to move it

OpsBoy
20th May 2001, 02:23
DM, at least one of the sales staff is leaving and also heard the relationship with UPA will become much closer in next few weeks.

------------------

darkstar_45
20th May 2001, 15:35
the question that perhaps worries me most from the people ive spoken to is, why have they done away with their ops assistants, now just having 1 ops officer on shift at a time to not only deal with the freighter ops and the pax op when it eventually comes on line but to be the bloody receptionist aswell ?!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see it in there when an A300F goes AOG and then the pax A300 goes tech aswell with just 1 person trying to sort it out! (not to mention the AN124 ops when they come online) Bloody good management decision that, I see they really have a grasp on reality!

Guess they will just have to learn the hard way and when they realise they need Ops assistanst again, they wont find any due to the poor salary.

mmmmmmmmmm, Id love to work for HLA

VP8
21st May 2001, 10:40
Heard that the AN124 ops will be monitered and run by Foylies ops team in LTN..

Although movement rumours are in the air..

Watch this space

BRGDS
VP8

antonovman
21st May 2001, 12:57
hey vp8
i heard HLA are moving in to bigger offices near STN so they will have the space to run the operation, also apparently an announcement is to be made today

VP8
21st May 2001, 14:12
Antonovman,

What I've heard as well so it is true!! wonder how the opsies will react with CV's

brgds
VP8

OpsBoy
21st May 2001, 15:57
Antonovman, any announcement yet? also anyone heard news on 'prime', last time we enquired were told a/c avail/online by may.

------------------

VP8
21st May 2001, 18:10
Confirmed this am Foyle moving to village location at STN in joint merger venture, awaiting further details....

VP8

irishcc
21st May 2001, 18:55
Hi guys, spoke to a "Prime" employee yesterday, first group of cabin crew are just finished training - some ex-TLA people there - next group start next week. Aircraft in EMA on thurs, apparently work lined up, including confirmed flights ex - DUB. Talk of Hajj for winter, possibly Turkish stuff - and a rumour of two 747s!

darkstar_45
21st May 2001, 20:49
Irish CC, are you talking pax 747's or Freighters?

If it's the latter, that rumour has been around for a long long time, another Pipe dream from HLA Management

antonovman
21st May 2001, 21:53
hey darkstar
no pipe dream, just was shelved for a while
2 a/c were sitting last year in wichita with the "big H" already on the tail

irishcc
23rd May 2001, 11:27
my belieft is that both 747's are in pax config and are for charter/hajj flights !

VIKING9
23rd May 2001, 13:19
If HLA/UPA move to a proporty near STN, will it be the old Translift house in Takeley. I mean PJ must still have the keys somewhere
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Jamesov Bondski
23rd May 2001, 23:57
Antnovman,

Think you drink when in Witchta! Don't think 747 really exist, I was there B4 Xmas and no-one seemed to knew and I am sure a 747 wirth H on the tail would not go unseen, even more if 2. I don't see why if pax would have H anyway as pax op is Prime. Cargo I doubt to.

Foursloscrews
24th May 2001, 00:25
Do I note the tinkle of little green TLA Ops feet through this thread??? SO how many of the the Ops staff of in DUB escaped to STN>?

and if there were Two 747s with bloody great Aitches on the tail in ICT they must have been hiding behind all those huge Kansas Oak forests - didnt see anything like that in ICT last year

Fourslocrews are better than :)

darkstar_45
24th May 2001, 01:10
Foursloscrews,
In reply to your question of how many TLA Ops staff came to STN, answer is 1 but he is off to pastures new at the end of the month. (guess he saw sense!)

rumour has it they do have TLA's ground Handling manager and Cabin Services Manager, the latter as far as I know is due to depart shortly aswell!

Irish cc
If antonovman is right and has seen these 747's in ICT with an 'H' on the tail ( which I think is all a stir up), as Jamesov Bondski in a very russian spelt way put it, they cant be pax a/c as the pax op is called 'Prime ' from what I've been told.

[This message has been edited by darkstar_45 (edited 23 May 2001).]

Foursloscrews
24th May 2001, 01:21
Preciate that Darkstar

Just curious spent a wonderful summer in DUB with our ex 'parent' company, lot of good folks - I know at least one or two went to the Gulf - but was looking specifically for
Dazza or James Cahill - anyone intrested there are going to be some rather plum dx
spots opening in the US shortly for A320/FAA
qualifed Dispatch/Ops types
Oh yes I know this an aircrew forum......
but Ill pimp anywhere :)

Foursloscrews are better than...... :)

FREIGHTMEISTER
25th May 2001, 06:14
Heard on the grapevine that the boys in 124 ops at LTN don't want to move and that they are having to apply for their own jobs on the move to STN. CV's are already enroute to various agencies, Euroceltic are on the prowl.

Antonovman you seem to have handle on this any news??

Eagle18th
26th May 2001, 20:11
I heard that the pax A300 was due to do a proving flt last week...did it happen?
When will the a/c be available for charters?
I also recently spoke to a couple of people who regularly deal with HLA - both of them very frustrated at never getting an answer on the phone.
Looks like the situation has not been exaggerated and the Ops guys deserve a lot of sympathy for having this burden thrust upon them.
One of my previous employers' receptionists used to transfer the phones to Ops when she went to lunch and the result was an hour of answering the phone and transferring to other people whilst our fleet of a/c went completely ignored.
And if something operational really needed doing, leaving the phone to ring would result in the boss calling across "Will somebody answer that ******* phone."

antonovman
26th May 2001, 20:54
FREIGHTMEISTER
apparently the boys in LTN dont want to move to STN, i think they feel they've been sold down the line, they have too
don't know about re-applying for their jobs, never heard that one, their bosses have told them their jobs (at STN) are secure and they, not HLA will be running the A124 ops

FREIGHTMEISTER
27th May 2001, 19:39
Heard from my contact that it was said they would have a fair crack of the whip on the ops merger, in my book it appears that they are going for interview process, then again they said it would't happen in ops at AFPAL...

As you say sold down the river....

MEISTER

Jamesov Bondski
30th May 2001, 00:41
Ealge 18; Don't think ops hav phone just by them. Believe all office can poick up, just take a while for it to move round so other people can answer.

Havent heard how ops for Ah124 will run, but if I hear I will tell you.

Top Loadie
1st Jun 2001, 00:03
I was told that there is a phone in ops that is the old reception line. It's taped up and it can only be answered by "picking it up" from another phone. So you have to hope that if the ONLY controller in ops is on the phone or busy, someone else gets fed up of it ringing and answers it.
JUST LET IT RING!!

Jamesov Bondski
6th Jun 2001, 21:28
Top Loadie:- Understand phone system is little better than you make out. I was told a few days ago, yes phone is taped up as not supposed to use that phone, and stops people picking phone by mistake. Phone rings in ops, if too busy and no1 answer then also ring in sales. Normally it gets answered then. If still not answered will ring at one other place but I can't remember where I got told.
Think it is just a test system, until they move?

darkstar_45
7th Jun 2001, 01:48
a test system!? Sounds like it better be just that (a test)! its a joke.

from what ive heard from HLA employees, it seems ridiculous to put the initial incoming phone call in the Ops dept ( as if they haven'nt got more important things to do than answer calls which 90% of the time arent even anything to do with them) At times I believe they even have to neglect flightwatching etc.. purely to answer the phones!

What baffles me is why send the phones to the dept with the least amount of people and who have probably the most important day to day job in the company!? it's idiotic!
From what ive heard, there are certain other departments with a lot more people & a lot less work to do.

Also apparently saftey is being put at risk due to the fact they have no Ops assistanst to update the Jeppersen manuals onboard their A300's ( I heard some updates are up to 3 weeks behind! hardly professional! )

Wouldnt be suprised if a couple more front line people left very soon. But then again, would you blame them the way HLA is being run into the ground?!

[This message has been edited by darkstar_45 (edited 06 June 2001).]

Jamesov Bondski
7th Jun 2001, 20:32
Darkstar, I think you work in HLA ops!?
I agree with some of your thred but ops have phone at night and weekend so maybe circuit?

However even when there was ops assistant I hear Jeppersens ammendmants were behind most of time so don't load that one on. Anyway who really enjoys doing Jeppersens?
From what I have heard it seems a bit bad sighted to make assistants no more, especially with department on the edge of a vertical increase in work load. I hope for the current boys things change soon, as there has always been a good team, just badly looked after sometimes.

------------------
Ve Don't Always know everything

FREIGHTMEISTER
8th Jun 2001, 10:34
Latest from the rumour mill is that when the Air Foyle/Heavylift merger goes ahead the AF ops section will be taking on the SLF operation as well and they are mighty dischuffed about the situation and there might be a few vacancies in the ops planning dept at AF in STN or LTN or wherever the chiefs decide to send the indians...
CV's are going around the ether right now!!

antonovman
8th Jun 2001, 15:28
FREIGHTMEISTER
there won't be any AIr Foyle staff there
The new Hq is definitley going to be in STN and the AF boys in LTN dont want to move so HLA will be running the whole show, just as they'd always wanted

FREIGHTMEISTER
8th Jun 2001, 16:06
ANTONOVMAN

Thanks for info will pass it to my colleagues down South..mighty interesting...out and about with the mighty 124 then??

darkstar_45
8th Jun 2001, 16:41
Jamesov Bondski,

No I do not work in HLA ops, I just happen to know a couple of people there who have told me all about it.

As for your threads, sounds like u know a bit about the inner workings, so sounds like you are VDA or ex HLA

DouglasDigby
9th Jun 2001, 00:48
And when IS the SLF stuff going to start...?? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

antonovman
9th Jun 2001, 12:13
FREIGHTMEISTER
no i am at home at the moment, got back from a trip a few days ago , A124. start my leave next week so wont be out for a while yet
you ?

VP8
9th Jun 2001, 14:37
Heavylift are looking for two ops planners so I've heard, don't know if they are for the SLF operation or the AN124 ops...any thoughts Antonovman??

RGDS
VP8

irishcc
9th Jun 2001, 20:24
Can anyone confirm or provide further information with regard to the acquisition of 2 A320's, and also the 747's for pax operations !

Also , can anyone confirm , that the name, Prime, has been adapted because of PJ's involvement with Prime Inc in the USA, also related to TransMeridian !

freightdoggy dog
9th Jun 2001, 22:57
VP8, are the 2 ops planners being taken on to answer that PHONE!

darkstar_45
10th Jun 2001, 01:23
quite an intresting article in july's issue of 'Aircraft Illustrated' magazine

'Prime is the name of the new charter division of HeavyLift Airlines after the name Breeze was dropped. A former Transaer Airbus A300-200 (EI-TLQ) operated the airline's first flight on 12 May. Two more ex-Transaer Airbus A320-200's are also being acquired fro Orix Leasing. HeavyLift Cargo Airlines had formally chnaged it's name to HC Airlines although it is expected to continue trading as HeavyLift.'

Hmmmmm, intresting stuff! What I find most interesting is when they say the Airline operated it's first flight on 12 May with ex EI-TLQ - from what ive been told the thing is still in BOD awaiting inspection!

blackbox
10th Jun 2001, 02:38
I had dealings in HLA ops, some 7 years ago when i did a work experience in the department!

Who is running the show in ops? is Brian Webb still Ops Dir and what happended to Malc???

irishcc
10th Jun 2001, 20:21
The A300 has been inspected by the CAA, and some modifications were required due to the cabin lay out - PA/Interphones needed fitting in some parts!

freightdoggy dog
10th Jun 2001, 21:35
Yep, Webby is still there, must be the only sane one left!

HalesAndPace
11th Jun 2001, 00:00
So is Malcolm - soon to be Webby's deputy???? (Unless another ex-T'Aer person comes along!!)

antonovman
11th Jun 2001, 17:25
VP8 , you know as much as I do mate, maybe more
are you gonna apply ? :-)

Jamesov Bondski
11th Jun 2001, 19:08
Hey Darkstar, I hear last week about a320. I think bit early to look at more aircraft when old one still on maint. As for 747 would seem like Irish blood in all you. Don't think even the management would jump from a300 to 747 with out first fly new service. Did hear CAA mods will not stop first flight as only minor things that can be done later, like PA.
Freightmeister, what you doing now? did you jump HL same as Antonovman to AF?

------------------

VP8
12th Jun 2001, 02:13
Antonovman,

nah but I've got an interview tommorrow with the council for Traffic Warden Supervisor!!

C YA
VP8

VP8
12th Jun 2001, 22:07
Antonovman

Failed the traffic warden supervisors job, over qualified, still looking had enough at this end being the only indian.....

Rgds
VP8

Jamesov Bondski
13th Jun 2001, 00:29
VP8,

Sorry you not got traffic warden job, if you don't want to go to HL/AF in new office I know a man.

How is new HL/AF office looking? When will they move from STN?

------------------

EI - E I - O
13th Jun 2001, 01:28
Will ORIX give Prime an aircraft (or two), correct me if I am wrong, but was'nt it ORIX, who were first to pull the reins on TransAer, on its aircraft based in Dublin, (EI-TLH or LJ, I think it was)last summer??
Nobody makes the same mistake twice, or do they??????

Did the old Bus leave BOD yet????
Or is it late already????
I believe the aircraft has been fully re-furbished inside and looks very smart? Somebody must be serious about the auld mare, if they are spending that kind of money on it.

I wish H/Lift every sucess with auld mare!!!!!

Captain Spud
13th Jun 2001, 01:57
VP8 - Captain Spud here from wanabes looking in on you.

On the jobs front believe the following avaiation vacancies exist for which you may be qualified:-

1) Ronchonner's friend
2) Car park attendent LBA
3) Security Guard (nights) LPL
4) Winch Opperator - Sutton Bank

Regards

CS

(PB)

VP8
13th Jun 2001, 04:14
oops missed one

although I could give you spelling lessons:-)

[This message has been edited by VP8 (edited 13 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by VP8 (edited 13 June 2001).]

Dangerous Man
14th Jun 2001, 02:33
Have heard HL/ADB's wet-lease application has been rejected by CAA for some reason. True?? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Wud UK ever confirm 'the deal'???

Noticed HL's more concerned about the phone system rather than everything else... believe all the rest is just fine :)

Ciao all!

CargoOne
14th Jun 2001, 15:53
So, what new with Prime/HLA? I know they looking a contract for pax A300 starting from July - sounds bad for mid-June time, isn't it?

Jamesov Bondski
14th Jun 2001, 18:31
Dangerous Man;

I think your wrong about CAA reject. I heared all been approved for wet-lease and could be signed before new office.

------------------

HalesAndPace
15th Jun 2001, 20:47
Houston, the Eagle has landed ...... at EMA!

darkstar_45
16th Jun 2001, 00:09
Rumour has it, HLA is loosing it's 2x DHL freighter rotations at the end of the month leaving 2x A300B4F's sitting around doing nothing. I believe they will have one on SBY in CGN and one in LGG for TNT

Bit of a blow if you ask me ( mind you it's no suprise given DHL have got all those nice spangly new B757F's at EMA)

Electric Sky
16th Jun 2001, 21:42
Flew into EMA this morning and there was an A300 parked near the wash bay with Prime on the tail ..... I guess this it it!

SF mover
28th Jun 2001, 12:28
As DHL contract now gone, and shortage of Loadmasters for ad-hoc work, will the powers that be , trying to recruit some LM,s that were recently made redundant ????

freightdoggy dog
28th Jun 2001, 13:14
What about using them as stewards on the prime a/c seeing all the girls have gone to BMI!

HalesAndPace
28th Jun 2001, 23:50
What spare LMs?

doggydogtrained
29th Jun 2001, 01:29
They could always try and get the L/M's they let go recently and last year but hopefully they will tell them where to go. What can i say, Personnel forgot my name in less than a week of leaving. Still im not Bitter im Better!

Fly the Green Flag

HalesAndPace
29th Jun 2001, 01:48
What??? Are you accusing Personnel of being anything other than professional?

BONDMAN
1st Jul 2001, 12:59
H&P .. don't u remember..the spare L/M's that were manning the phones :) :)

freightdoggy dog
1st Jul 2001, 22:20
Bondman, if they are trained on that PHONE in ops,then all thooooooose spare L/Ms are already trained to use the P.A on the prime a/c.
P.S has that bloody aircraft left EMA yet?