PDA

View Full Version : Canada recruitment freeze

mhk77
22nd Mar 2004, 16:15
Ok, so a certain member of NATS senior management goes over to Canada on a business trip, within days people are being sent emails telling them that there is going to be a recruitment freeze for the 'forseeable future'! Now I don't like to think of myself as being cynical but.........:rolleyes:

TC_LTN
22nd Mar 2004, 21:24
Naa, they gained one TC ATCO during the past few days and realised they don't need anyone else:D

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2004, 21:55
.recruitment freeze

Hahahahahha. Now that is something I certainly am experiencing. At least we hit +2 C today! Woo-hoo........here comes the thaw (and the mozzies).

Seriously though, the word on the street is that there are quite a few "experienced" controllers in the system now from various parts of the world. The way I understand it is Nav Canada are now taking a step back to wait and see the results.

BTW, you NATS guys and gals should see the electronic strip system on it's way to you over there! At last I can't get yelled at for crap strip marking.

5milesbaby
23rd Mar 2004, 19:47
Without being cynical myself, but I too have heard the rumours of a NATS managerial type visiting Canada and that all NATS ship-jumpers are to be ended come June. I think the purchase of said programs Jerricho were raised in the same sentence as NATS loosing controllers and maybe having to finance a recruitment drive soon if nothing is done to stop the resignations, therefore no monies to purchase 'better' software. Thats the political aspect covered, sounds similar to a trip to Maastricht a few years back, again not being cynical :}

Jerricho
24th Mar 2004, 01:29
Just as a further, the 'freeze' in recruitment is for the whole program. Just seems there is a larger number of NATS staff who have made the move.