PDA

View Full Version : gatwick accommodation

hangten
17th Mar 2004, 17:02
wonder if anybody can help in anyway,

it appears almost definate that i'm going to be posted to gatwick as of april 5th to begin the unit training programme, this is great - but does anybody have any suggestions of anywhere to stay!? short term or long term will be considered...

hangten

tigtog
18th Mar 2004, 14:59
Hangten,

I'm a controller at Gatwick and when I first started I stayed in a B&B in a place called Horley which is literally two or so minutes from the airport. It let me settle in and the sort out flats etc.

If you search any engine for "B&B at Gatwick" then tonnes and tonnes of replies will appear.

As far as living in the area is concerned most people live south of EGKK as it's cheaper than looking into London. People are wide spread but alot live in the towns of either Horsham, Haywards Heath,. Burgess Hill or Brighton. All of which are within 20 -40 mins of the airport.

Hope this helps and is at least a starting point for you.

Maybe see you at EGKK soon !!

Cheers

TT

Sensible
18th Mar 2004, 15:51
Best long term solution is to get some people together, cabin crew, aircrew, atcers etc make sure they are all airline types or it generally won't work out. Rent a big comfortable house. A new four bedroom house for instance comes out at around £1000 per month, a two bed at around £750 per month otherwise living in a B&B gives no quality of life.

If it's any interest, I can put you in touch with such a place in Crawley, newish 4 bed house, 2 baths. £1000 deposit and £1000 per month. Afraid Crawley is not at all cheap! The surrounding area is a bit sprawling and it's nice to stay close to town centre if you want any sort of social life.

Brian81
18th Mar 2004, 16:54
Hey.

Im about to start an ATC job in Kent.

I was wondering about "living arrangements" for my new job.

With ref to the above suggestion about an "ATC house share", PM if you're interested. Im ex-NATS (course 126) we may even know each other! how about that! :D

otherwise, best of luck.

Ya'll take care now.

Bri.

Warped Factor
18th Mar 2004, 17:51
Maybe someone here that works at Gatwick could send you a copy of the airport newspaper, Gatwick Skyport.

If it's anything like the Heathrow edition it will have a couple of pages of available accomodation in it every week.

WF.

psj
18th Mar 2004, 18:05
I've worked out of Gatwick for a few years now. You're best bet for convenience is to live in Horley. It is on the doorstep of North Terminal, with excellent bus services, but more importantly only a 5-minute drive to car park B for those early mornings! There is a big housing estate there called 'Langshott' and you'll find loads of 'airport people' rent or own there. It will cost you about £500/month for a 1-bed, £750/month for a 2-bed, £900/month for a 3-bed, or £1100 a month for a 4-bed. Hope this helps.

PSJ

pilotwolf
19th Mar 2004, 05:01
Or check out the Cabin Crew Forum as there's a sticky on available accomodation.

PW