PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Time Building

Desert Budgie
17th Mar 2004, 04:49
Hi all,

I was wandering if anyone could help me with locating a good school, in Florida, Canada or anywhere else in North America for that matter that provides good, affordable multi time building.

I am looking to build 200-250 hours multi time and im trying to budget for 15000 dollars max for the hours alone, but preferably with accomodation thrown in there too. Shared time building is also fine.

Im in Florida at the moment, but nobody ive spoke to here can help me. Also, ive researched some websites, however Id rather get some first hand, or any other good references from anyone who could give me a hand.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
DB

Julian
17th Mar 2004, 07:40
With you wanting that amount of time you should be able to negotiate a pretty good deal against any published prices given by the school.

A mate of mine wanted a lot of multi hours quickly (in CA not FL though) and he actually negotiated a dry rate with the school rather than pay their wet rates. He said he saved quite a bit of money doing it this way and also made it a hell of a lot easier than saving (or losing!) a load or receipts.

Julian

Chilli Monster
17th Mar 2004, 08:37
Julian

Where and with who?

S-Works
17th Mar 2004, 10:48
I did a significant amount of multi time in Florida at very good prices.

Try Pelican Aviation at North Perry. British run school by great people and good prices. There is also a place over at Pompano Beach that has a couple of Duchess's.

B-X

Keygrip
17th Mar 2004, 12:17
DB - topic closed - as is the duplicate one in "Pro Training".

Tell me which ONE you would like to keep open.

By the way - $15,000 for 250 hours twin. $60 an hour, including fuel at approx $38 and accommodation. You serious?