PDA

View Full Version : Initial test results

Muppet99
17th Mar 2004, 00:35
AFAIK 70% seems to be the pass rate for most tests in NATS.

So, regarding the initial selection tests, does an average of 70% or better have to be scored over the 4 tests or does each test have to better than 70%?

It looks like I just missed out.
I was told I had an average of 67% yet scored just 18% in the spatial reasoning tests. For as long as I have a ........... I don't think I'll be able to come close to 70% for the spatial reasoning tests, so I hope they're looking for a better than 70% average score.

Anyone know?

PhilLUFC
27th Mar 2004, 16:10
Look around other posts, the general word seems to be that you need 70% per test, however the maths test appears to take less importance if you aced the spatial reasoning test.

Can I ask you, how did you go about obtaining your percentages?? I have failed basic checking twice now and that is as much info as they'll give me!!

Phil

Someone_Else
27th Mar 2004, 17:42
I'm not a ATCO, just in the recruitment phase - though I passed the tests (after the second attempt!) and am waiting for a interviews - Just thought I would point you in the direction of some reading I found interesting, it doesn't fully answer the question, but I think it might help a little.

If you go to the excellant website put together on ATC - link below and look to the menu, you will see a link that says Selection Model....it's the backround of how the recruitment process came to be. It talks about the Stanine scale, this is where the score out of 10 comes from.

As I said, it doesn't go into the exact calculation, but you may find it helpful.

http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/atco/resources/recruit_menu.htm

Muppet99
7th Apr 2004, 01:28
Thanks guys.

Phil - I phoned someone in the recruitment dept who then told me to e-mail someone else. I'm sorry I don't have the address anymore!

VectorLine
7th Apr 2004, 09:27
You don't have to email someone else, because that person has replied above.
:} :}