PDA

View Full Version : Where has the "field-landings" website gone?????

Monocock
16th Mar 2004, 23:35
As a farmer (and flyer) I was disappointed to note that the www.field-landings.co.uk website had come to an apparent end.

It was an excellent site for glider/GA pilots to use as a seasonal reference for crop type/conditions and I found it fascinating to watch the amount of work that went into it each season.

If anyone out there knows about it or why it has ended please let me know.............the content of "where to land" saved me a fortune in crop damage every year!!

Martinburney
26th Mar 2004, 13:22
Hi

Looking at their website, it indicates that it will be active again March onwards, but as yet is not active.

If you e mail the website owner, more information might be forthcoming

Regards Martin Burney

landout
14th Apr 2004, 20:20
I am back. Late as usual - had server problems plus the less than good weather did not encourage me out to fly at that time.

Check out

http://www.field-landings.co.uk

Note the more idle format this season.

Could be an article in June S and G detailing my thoughts regarding the future of the website.
However in the meantime any feedback is welcome.

Monocock
14th Apr 2004, 21:30
I really do think that all glider chaps should take note of this website.....

It might save me a fortune in knackered crops if they read it.:ugh:

Kolibear
15th Apr 2004, 13:53
Monocock,

Can we deduce then that you are

a. A farmer
b. A farmer who has uninvited gliders landing in his fields?

This sounds like a branch of aviation thats never been discussed before - would you like to expand a lttle please?

for example - how many gliders a year? how much of the crop gets ruined and what sort of loss does that incur?

Just interested.

Monocock
15th Apr 2004, 14:32
I wonder what's making me think that this is a trap?!!!! If I answer the question I am going to have a barrage of glider drivers jump down my throat am I not?

If I gave my real views of SOME of the glider pilots (male and female) that I had had the unfortunate pleasure of discovering on my land, this thread might end up with a shiny padlock attached!!