PDA

View Full Version : Debenair any good?

Aerofoil
16th Mar 2004, 16:41
Hi all

I was wondering if there is anyone here who has personal experience or knows someone who has done their PPL with Debenair in Florida?
What are the good points and bad points and would you recommend them for PPL training?

I am going over to Debenair at the end of the year to hour build because its the cheapest i have found yet, but my friend is considering doing his PPL in Florida and if Debenair have good PPL instructors then we will be going over together.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Airist
23rd Mar 2004, 16:18
Dave -

I rented two aircraft from DeBenair in February, over a period of two weeks. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. The rapid and informative response of Annette, who runs the place, to my initial e-mail queries was particularly impressive. Once out there, the two instructors I flew with, Paul (a Brit) and George, were full of useful tips, on everything from aircraft control to good night stops. It's also a friendly place to hang out and pick up local tips. The non-flying member of our expedition is heading back to DebenAir a.s.a.p to do his PPL, which perhaps says it in a nutshell.

My only quibble would be that the engineers made me feel small for raising a few points I wasn't sure about (as a bloke, though, you may fare better!).. And I could have done without the Low Volt light coming on in the C172 after a long flight. OK, it turned out to be a quirk of that aircraft, but still, my mind didn't need focusing quite that much.

But on the whole, you couldn't do better, IMHO. Hope this helps.