PDA

View Full Version : Paris for the Rugby - Anyone been to Pontoise LFPT?

swalenet
15th Mar 2004, 16:14
Just wondered if anyone's been there .... tales, advice, etc. appreciated.

Hotel's booked, tickets in hand and my FI's booked his group plane - just need the weather! (and a better lineout).

TTFN

Steve S.

Flyin'Dutch'
15th Mar 2004, 16:35
Not yet but hope to go tomorrow!

Will report back.

FD

swalenet
15th Mar 2004, 16:39
I found http://www.hispano-suiza.com/

en francais, but useful"ish"

Steve

Tall_guy_in_a_152
15th Mar 2004, 16:50
I spent a year in Pontoise in the early 90s, so things will have changed a bit since then. However, the airport will still be about 5km NW of Pontoise town, where you can catch a train into the centre of Paris (Gare St.Lazare, 25 mins).

If you fancy some shopping, go to Cergy-Pontoise instead. It is a "new town" next door to Pontoise with a shopping centre ("Les Trois Fontaines") and an RER (local train) station underneath into Paris.

TG.

WorkingHard
15th Mar 2004, 17:18
Cergy Pontoise last time I was there was very very friendly BUT very very busy. Stayed 3 days for racing including the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe and was not charged for landing or parking. In fact because of problems about departure from Southampton we arrived 1 hour after closing (pre arranged) and still no charges. Fully recommend it.

swalenet
16th Mar 2004, 12:19
Thanks for your comments and I look forward to what Flyin'Dutch'
has to say when he returns.

S.

swalenet
17th Mar 2004, 15:34
Flyin'Dutch' - did you get to Pointoise in the end?

Flyin'Dutch'
17th Mar 2004, 21:27
Arrrrrggggggh, no in one word!

What initially was set out to be just a flight there and back was then to be modified into a day in Paris but when we did the (realistic) time calcs we came to the conclusion that we would run out of daylight on the return flight!

So postponed until days are longer.

Sorry 'bout that!

Will report back as soon as we have been (promise!)

FD

Fuji Abound
17th Mar 2004, 21:40
Why not go to LFPL?

Easy to get to and from, friendly and not too busy.

2Donkeys
18th Mar 2004, 06:28
Lognes (LFPL) is a nice field, but it is VFR only and further away than Pontoise.