PDA

View Full Version : Help with African airport plates?

CBG
13th Mar 2004, 04:30
It's this time of year again!

From 24 April to 8 March we are taking 4 DR400 from our aeroclub in Normandy (Bernay - LFPD) down south. This year we'll be following the Aeropostale route through Spain, Morocco (Marrakech, Agadir, Laayoune) and then onto Mauritania (Atar, Dichit, Nena, Aiun Altous), Mali (Mopti), Burkina (Ouagadougou, Bobo lasso, Bamako), senegal (St Louis) and then back up home.

Would anyone be able to offer some help and have airport plates I could borrow? I have got some of them but they are dead old!

We are all PPL's, some of us still students and they will be using the trip as part of their training (How's that for cross country navs? I did not do that at European Flyers when I was learning!)

I would also welcome any tips and advice on the trip from any Ppruners who flew in these parts of the world. I did fly all the way down to Dakar a couple of years back but any advice is always good to have.

Thanks in advance

I can also be contacted at [email protected]

PS: I am actually based in London, so if any local Ppruners are up for a drink (or drinks) somewhere in town, let's do it!