PDA

View Full Version : Charity fly out

MikeJeff
11th Mar 2004, 21:54
Hi,

I'm looking for some opinion here - pprune seems like a handy place to get aviation opinion!!!

I'd like to do some fund raising for the NSPCC. My plan is to organise a fly-out. Everyone meeting somewhere (Shoreham is local to me and maybe I can pursuade them to donate some landing fee revenue generated!). The flyout would be over a weekend and from Shoreham to Deauville to Jersey. Nothing too complicated, but long enough so that people could be a bit flexible about when they joined (ie the whole fly out, or in one of the destinations for a night).

The entrance fee for the fly out would be the fuel duty drawback, and would all be donated to the NSPCC. By going to Jersey lots of you would make up for that shortfall bonus with cheap go go juice from there.

On top of that non pilots could make a small donation to sit in the back of planes and we could organise some fund raising over the weekend. The plan wouldn't be to make millions - the plan would be to have a great weekend! but if we can cough up a few quid between us as well then so much the better!

SO

1) what do you think? and would you be up for it!
2) any ideas on how to raise more cash out of this
3) will club renters be able to make their CFIs donate the draw back!!

cblinton@blueyonder.
11th Mar 2004, 23:04
I would be up for that and am sure I could fill the trusty steed with folk.

You could also use the drawback on the outbound trip:ok:

bookworm
12th Mar 2004, 01:49
Check AIC W88 (http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4W088.PDF) on Charity Flights.

Unless you are an AOC holder (i.e. an air taxi firm), I think you'll find that your plans of taking passengers for donations don't fit in with the CAA's idea of what's OK. Without passengers, you may well be fine, but check carefully.

cblinton@blueyonder.
12th Mar 2004, 02:40
Hey!
They can come along for the ride and make a donation at their will:sad: