PDA

View Full Version : Alan Bramson

cessna l plate
11th Mar 2004, 03:29
Hi
Having recently gone first solo, and carried out a pathetic attempt at a landing in the process, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "make better landings" video?

Most of the pilot shops seem to have dropped titles from this revered aviator.

Thanks in advance
Cessna L Plate

Hansard
11th Mar 2004, 04:15
Are you sure a video exists?

The book "Make Better Landings" certainly exists and another one by the same author, "Be a Better Pilot".

I bought mine years and years ago from The Aviation Bookshop, 656 Holloway Road, London N19 3PD. The telephone no. I have is 0207 272 3630 - the shop probably doesn't exist anymore and more than likely, the phone no. is defunct!

ISBN Nos are:

Make Better Landings - ISBN 0-7110-1889-8
Be a Beter Pilot - ISBN 0-7110-1953-3

PPRuNe Towers
11th Mar 2004, 18:20
Hmmm, an AB video. Flat hats worn back to front and hand cranked cameras methinks:O :O :O

Pretty gels with parasols, formation biplanes roped together at Hendon, jumpers for goalposts..................

Rob

Aerohack
11th Mar 2004, 19:21
Don't recall a video of Bunny Bramson's 'Make Better Landings', but the book is easy enough to come by from dealers in secondhand aviation books, and there's one going on eBay UK at the moment.

NinjaBill
11th Mar 2004, 21:11
Use the patented NinjaBill landing technique...

Just fly at the gound til you feel scared, then pull back til youre not scared, and the plane will touch down.

If you pull back to early, you know not to be so scared next time, so wait a bit longer.

If you build up too much bottle, and round out to late, then the landing will be on the firm side, and you know to be a bit more scared next time.

NB

LowNSlow
12th Mar 2004, 13:03
Ah, Bunny Bramson. Superb aviation writer. I remember being in the circuit at White Waltham when he pitched up in the Pilot Cessna. He expressed surprise that there were so few aircraft there for some prizegiving event. WW Radio replied with, "you should be going to Compton Abbas Alan". Immediate response was "thanks very much, Golf Alpha Bravo going around". It reassured me that even the great and good can drop the occasional clanger.

With apologies to the current contributors to Pilot et al, you have a tough act to follow with Mr. Bramson. His only failing was his obvious love of Jodels / Robins which always got rave reviews from him. He is sorely missed from my point of view.

He also did a good little book called Flying the VOR and ADF. Great help when I did my IMC back in the last century.

PS How did he get the nickname Bunny?

MLS-12D
13th Mar 2004, 05:32
The Book of Flight Tests is good, too. I enjoyed reading about Robins etc. that I don't have any opportunity to fly over on this side of the pond.