thinkimanatco
11th Mar 2004, 03:05
2 ATCO's and a SATCO for EGPK

Should be advertising really soon....up circa £50k

Bigears
11th Mar 2004, 15:36
Just being nosey-
a) what happened to the current SATCO, and,
b) are the two ATCO's additions or replacements?

goddammit
12th Mar 2004, 02:19
job details (except salary!) at

www.gpia.co.uk/careers

360BakTrak
15th Mar 2004, 13:29
Why do they need 3 ATCO's suddenly? Was it a planned recruitment or unexpected resignations/retirements?:confused:

mrnobody
15th Mar 2004, 17:05
Heard that the current SATCO wasn't happy in the job and that the conditions were such that the other two had been wanting to leave for a while. Money isn't too bad though if thats what you're after!

niknak
15th Mar 2004, 17:57
Prestwick seems to have a history of the majority share holder announcing that they're reviewing their ownership, and providing that they can make a quick buck, they'll unload it all on someone else.
I'm not suggesting that the current owners will do that, but it must be very unsettling for the staff, and it's no incentive to join an organisation with that sort of track history.

For the ATCO posts alone they're asking for preffered qualifications of LCE and Verifier and Assessor - these don't often come in Cornflake packets - and it makes you wonder with such an uncertain future why anyone with this sort of experience would want to go there.

Eric T Cartman
16th Mar 2004, 14:24
@ mrnobody
You posted "Heard that ...........the conditions were such that the other two had been wanting to leave for a while".
Perhaps you could enlighten us, via your source, what these conditions were ?
Could it be, in fact, that they are simply moving for domestic /personal reasons rather than working conditions ? Such speculation certainly does nothing to aid recruitment !

@niknak
It's rumours like this that are unsettling, not change of ownership. Prestwick has had 3 owners since 1993 & pay is still better than at Liverpool , for example.
I don't think Mr.O'Leary would have opened a maintenance base there if he thought the future was uncertain!

Also, the vacancy in Flight states "LCE, Assessor and Verifier certification would be advantageous although not essential" -
could it be that they are simply trying to replace one of the departing ATCO's with another of similar qualifications ?

There's only one way to find out - apply for a job, visit the unit & talk to the troops ;-)

squibbler
16th Mar 2004, 16:35
.....& pay is still better than at Liverpool ......

Well so's the pay everywhere else mate :{

Anyway, wild horses wouldn't drag me north of Hadrians Wall! :}

Eric T Cartman
16th Mar 2004, 18:23
ROTFL @ Sqibbler

Well that's ok, 'cause wild horses wouldn't drag me south of the East Lancs Road !

;)

Scott Voigt
17th Mar 2004, 00:42
Darn, not ready to retire yet and another job opening in Scotland <sigh>... My wife will be PISSED!!!! Unlike some of you in the south <G>, we do like Hadrian's wall and all that goes with it...

regards

Scott